Goodbye Mortgage - the beginning of the end!

Options

Comments

• Beckyy
    Beckyy Posts: 2,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you squirell!

I've £4 of luncheon vouchers which I'll use for groceries, and tranfer the equivalent to savings or an OP.

Leftover pasta from yesterdays dinner for lunch and am cooking a roast tonight :) I'm doing an extra shift at work today and will hopefully be able to pick up some more soon.

Still need to get those DVDs away to Music Magpie!
  • lilmissmup
    lilmissmup Posts: 6,884 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya hun, are you having to talk to someone to get a mortgage balance now?

The automated system seems to have stopped working!!!
    Now a SAHM trying to earn some spare pennies each month
  • Beckyy
    Options
    I haven't checked balance since last week but the automated system was working then. It could be a one off thing maybe, I've called before when they're having maintenance and couldn't get through fullstop.

The automated system is terrible though. If I don't speak stupidly slow and overpronounce numbers/words then it says I have to speak to an advisor.
  • Beckyy
    Options
    That's the MusicMagpie order all boxed up and ready for them to collect. 50 DVDs and they're offering a grand total of... £14.17. I'm quite insulted really as we bought them over a few ears and probably spent quite a few hundred pounds on them. I doubt we'll watch them again though, and they're just taking up space so better to have an OP from them, albeit a very small one! As long as they don't reduce their offer price.

I also have a couple of old mobiles to send away for recycling and need to look into the best place to send them for cashback etc. they're all either fault or from the stone age so now expecting much from them at all!

Submitted our electricity meter reading and it looks like for the first time since we've lived at this house we'll be in credit after our bill. So whatever is left I will request back and OP. I know most people would leave it so it's there for Winter, but we won't be getting any interest on it and we're cutting down as much as we can so hopefully won't need it come later on in the year!
  • lilmissmup
    Options
    I haven't been able to use the automated system for a couple of months.

Think its some ploy to stop me overpaying.....not that we have since I brought my car.....
  • Beckyy
    Options
    That's weird! Are you still getting to the bit where you have to answer the security questions and put in your mortgage account no.?
  • Beckyy
    Options
    I only have a couple of pounds of food budget left for the month, I over indulged at the beggining of the month. I'll increase it by £50 and try and be cautious for the next few weeks!

Still waiting for Music Magpie to pay up, am slightly suspicious of them.
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi Becky, take a look at a blog called " a girl called jack" she has lots REALLY cheap receipes , under the heading £10 a week food I think :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • lilmissmup
    Options
    Beckyy wrote: »
    That's weird! Are you still getting to the bit where you have to answer the security questions and put in your mortgage account no.?

Yep then it says they are going to put me through to somebody! I might try again in a bit.
  • Beckyy
    Options
    Ahh, I think it could be the system not picking up your answers. If I speak too quickly or don't pronounce letters in my postcode slowly or something similar, it puts me though. One time I had to hang up, recall about 5 times and pronounce things stupidly slowly and clearly before it would accept my answers. The cat meowing also threw it off one time :p

newgirly, thanks for that - I will definitely check the blog out! food is a big overspend for me!

£4 from luncheon vouchers OP'd this morning.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure