Goodbye Mortgage - the beginning of the end!

Options

Comments

• Beckyy
    Beckyy Posts: 2,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nothing good to update really. I spent £85 on 2 beautfiul handmade oak shelves for the kitchen. I've wanted them for months and finally treated myself to them. I hope they look as nice when they arrive, or I'll regret it!

Still nothing from musicmagpie...
  • I_want_a_baby
    Options
    I love the pleasure you get from finally getting something you have wanted for ages, hope they are everything you have hoped for.

Stacey x
    2024 - happy, healthy, quality over quantity, buy nothing new (and 2nd hand only if NEEDED), mindful spending, nurturing myself and family, living for now.

Mortgage @ 31/12/23 £248k - too high, interest rate gone up - want this down asap!
    Debt @ 31/12/23 £16k - no interest - will clear over 5 years hopefully.
    Emergency savings £4k - been ransacked over last year - needs attention :-(
  • Beckyy
    edited 18 April 2013 at 10:06AM
    Options
    Thanks, Stacey. Hope i do them justice putting them up :D

I'm still plodding along with Nectar Adpoints, it's much slower then it used to be but I'm still getting some. Nectar points are adding up again, not sure whether to use them for food or going out, either way money will be tranfered to OP.

Contemplating starting dooyoo again. I stopped a while back, as it was SO time consuming adn I was glued to the computer. I use amazon alot though, and as quidco offer cashback now I'm wondering if I should start reviewing again for vouchers.

Still no word from Music Magpie :mad: I drove past a sign advertising £1 per kilo for clothes, and have some I was going to take to the recycling to I should take them there instead I think, then OP the money - no idea how much they weigh. Wonder if I could fill the pockets with led :p
  • Beckyy
    Options
    I've started back with dooyoo and have just written a review. I'll aim to do one a day, although I'm not sure if I'll manage after returning ratings when I have a busy day at work - we'll see how it goes.

I've also reinstalled the nectar search bar, it's slow as sin but the points do add up. The search bar and adpoints make up the bulk of all of mine!
  • Beckyy
    Options
    I spend some time reading today then had work so haven't got as much done as I would have liked to!

I haven't written another dooyoo review yet, but am rating some now so hopefully will have plenty of ratings returned when I do post one. Nectar Adpoints wouldn't work properly today fo rme, so no more there, but have done a few more nectar searches for points.

I have 2 x £5 love2shop vouchers for RM surveys, and £3 luncheon voucher so will transfer equivalent money over to mortgage once they're spent.

My shelves still haven't arrived, was hoping they would today. Sometimes to look forward to at least! :)
  • Beckyy
    Options
    I managed to get my dooyoo review for today done after work, quite pleased I did it and didn't just leave it 'til tomorrow :D
  • Beckyy
    Options
    I'm glad I just checked my junk emails as I had an invitation to shop and scan. I'm really chuffed as I've been wanting to do it for ages, and didn't expect I'd ever get an invite when I signed up to their website so long ago.

I've overspent on food again, I just can't seem to resist it. I have some batch cooked meals in the freezer though so they will help keep me on a tight budget over the next week. I'll have a nosey at the girl called jack's blog too!

I'm just trying to get a dooyoo review done for today, everything I wanted to do wasn't listed on their catalogue so will try and get one written and posted. I'm starting to get back into it a little bit :)
  • Beckyy
    edited 22 April 2013 at 11:17AM
    Options
    Sh & Sc ave accepted my so my clicker should be on it's way soon apparently! Quite sad that I'm looking forward to trying it haha.

I've stuck to dooyoo for a few days now. I'm finding a bit difficult to find things to review, but seem to be managing to get about £1 worth of points a day, not sure if I'll be able to get enough to cash out the £20 limit any time soon though.

Music Magpie are now processing my items, although I've seen the offer on their website has dropped. It's quite insulting, but better than nothing, I think. I've some things to liston eBay but won't put them on just yet.

I've fallen being on my royal mail test posts. This morning I need to sit downa nd sort through my items this week before I get in a muddle. I've also got a lot to get done at BTL today, which is getting urgent now.

I hope everybody has had a good weekend :)
  • Beckyy
    edited 23 April 2013 at 3:07PM
    Options
    Dooyoo is going well. Recieved a crown for an older review which was a lovely suprise, so have about £6.50 of points so far. Aiming for £20 to cash as an amazon voucher, waiting to save up £50 for cash would take me ages I think.

I've just had an email from rightmove with a new house on the market, goodness knows why I don't unsubstribe from them because they're just full of temptation. I think it would have great potential as a BTL, so it's another kick up the bum to get our current one sorted so I can get it remortgaged. Somehow this paragraph has taken me from MFW to wanting another mortgage. Hmm!

Hope everybody's week is going well so far :)
  • Beckyy
    Options
    Morning shift is finished. Am doing a few hours this evening, but still have some time before then.

I've done todays dooyoo review, and returned lots of rating. Also managed to fit in a quick pilates session and feel much better for it!

HM lasagne for dinner from last weeks batch cook, with some garlic bread and salad.

As of next month I need to really be strict on myself with the grocery budget. It's no good doing tons of surverys, reviews and bits and pieces if I'm just going to go over budget and counter it all out. and there's no excuse because I've got lots of cheap recipes now, it's just indulgence!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure