PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Preparedness for when

Options

Comments

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,458 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    grandma247 wrote: »
    PIC it may have been Daddy's or someone else's car. I would still ring the police about his threats and insist on an incident number.

Or it may not have been insured at all...

I would ring the police as well. You have a right not to be threatened.
  • jk0
    jk0 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 February 2014 at 1:29PM
    Options
    DawnW wrote: »
    Or it may not have been insured at all...

Yes, that's what I was thinking. Police should be interested in that also, shouldn't they?

BTW folks, have I mentioned the little video camera I have in my car:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mirror-SENSOR-accident-recorder-HDVR-150/dp/B0091PBALS/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1393590454&sr=8-11&keywords=car+mirror+camera

There are a number of these now on Amazon that also film what is behind you.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Yea probly wasn't insured PIC.
    Craigy its the same here, was pure white hard frost earlier and is now full sun. Awesome :)
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 February 2014 at 6:38PM
    Options
    As an aspirant self-sufficient grow-your-own type without the experience of some here this is a bit frustating as all sorts of seeds and plants are supposed to go into the ground in March or after the last frost - with this weird weather the last frost will probably be in July. Going to have to bite the bullet and start sowing a few things over the next few weeks anyway.

Same here... I have the seeds, the pots and the compost and am itching to start sowing the peppers and tomatoes but hubby says it's far too early - he's a gardener by trade though fairly new to veg gardening. I have ordered a tiny mini plastic greenhouse for the patio though, so once my seedlings get too big for the windowsill they can go in there for a little while...

My DH has gone away for his yearly bushcraft weekend today, with his massive Burgen rucksack full to bursting! The amount of stuff he takes for what should be a fairly minimalist activity, is rather amusing, but it does give him a chance to practice a few skills that we may need for real one day. Hoping he has a good time this year, as last year he was struck down by severe toothache on the first day and spent most of it in his hammock feeling sorry for himself.
    They were advised to take tents this time, due to the weather, so he has packed one but still intends to sleep in his hammock under a basha unless absolutely necessary.

Whoever mentioned food dehydrators... I am also after one... possibly this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Andrew-James-Dehydrator-Adjustable-Temperature/dp/B00FF97SJ2/ref=pd_cp_kh_0 which if you buy through fleabay has free postage so works out cheaper. I would love to dry tomatoes as we grow them but none of us like to eat them raw! Also be good for allotment produce which we hope to have some of by the end of the year.

Edit to add... Just when we thought we were going to see the back of ATOS... they are trying to get their grubby paws on the CareData contract! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/10661359/Atos-awarded-contract-for-NHS-records.html?fb
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • southantrim3
    Options
    Just noticed that the Russians are moving into Ukraine.
    Hopefully the gas lines won't be cut too quickly. That could be fun :o.
  • Witless
    Witless Posts: 728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    :) Don't go away, pet,

I'm a lot harder than that to get rid off!:rotfl:
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    Am off to w*rk now, laters GQ xx
    How very dare you use that type of language!

W*rk is the curse of the drinking classes!
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,207 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I thought by law you had to exchange details so just gave them to him. DH has not got any mates like that, or many left at all since he became sick.

I'm not worried about anyone coming round because you lot have prepared me for anything and if they get past the six foot gates and the four hounds I have a few more surprises (death by newspaper)

We rang the police after it happened and they said as there was no injuries it didn't need reporting.

The problem is if you even ring your insurance company they log the accident and your policies are 8uggered for the next 5 years, which we would take on the chin if it was our fault.

I had someone reverse into my last car and write it off, they were totally to blame as I was stationary but it has put my insurance up for the last five years, plus I'm named driver on two other cars.

Saying this I stand by my claim that I would gladly pay higher insurance for something that is not my fault than pay a little irk 50p to replace an iota for something that was not our fault.

What I can't understand is how he begged at the scene for the insurance not to get involved as he had already claimed too many times.

People :mad:

PiC x

I'm confused - if he hit you, and he wanted to do this without going through insurance, why is he demanding money from you? Surely it's down to him to pay for it.

Report it to your insurance company and leave it to them to get the cash out of his insurers/him by whatever means necessary.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    TY for posting re Russia moving on Ukraine.. I been waiting for that coming. Worthwhile keeping an eye on it if you have mains gas.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    TY for posting re Russia moving on Ukraine.. I been waiting for that coming. Worthwhile keeping an eye on it if you have mains gas.
    Thats the pipeline that the Russians already used once in a political standoff, isn't it? And this time there's a revolution in progress ... I'm unexpectedly free tomorrow, might go find a couple of baby gaz cylinders for the camping stove.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    PIC I agree with the others report him to the police and inform your insurance company, make sure you tell them that he is using threatening behaviour as well.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business