PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Preparedness for when

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I like my tea stronnng. Where did you get them again? Was it £land?

£World.

80 in a pack.

BTW. It's not enough to like your tea strong.

You'll need to like it VERY STRONG.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Howling a gale and hammering down rain, here in Lancashire. :(
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    <<sigh>> RL can be sooo disappointing.

Now, I typically hang around on the interweb with up to 6 tabs open on the browser at the same time. At the moment, I'm on here, the Robin Hood linkie, Zer0 Hedge, the Daily Fail and have briefly had the bra link open earlier tonight.

Sooo, imagine my hilarity when I tabbed back onto ZH and found that the sidebar ad is now for those very same M& S bras! The wonders of interweb spying, the speed of it. I'm killing myself.

For sh*ts and giggles, I've opened up an angling website, something I've never done before in my life, at 7.30, because I want to see how quickly the ad-matchy-thingy can get fishing ads onto the Hedge.

When I first went on there, I was offered cheerleaders, luscious young asian ladies desperate to meet me, and now its investment products and chances to go on adventures in mud. :think:

Can't think what I ever did on the interwebs to cause the above. How d'you clear cookies off, again?

Playing catch up and a way behind so apologies if this has been mentioned, but I have 'adblock' on my browser, so I don't actually see any of those adverts... it's a plugin thing, you download it and it runs in the browser and stops the ads down the side from showing up. I also have 'ghostery' which shows me what is watchign what I do online and blocks some of them...
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • parsonswife8
    Options
    Pouring down here in North Kent too!

;) Felines are my favourite ;)
  • westcoastscot
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Blowing a good one here - power was off for a while the past two days, but back on again now - although not feeling stable, lots of flickering. The fishing boat was out today, they've decided to wait until daybreak to try tomorrow.

We're still wind and water tight, but its planned to get worse I think.

Keep safe guys, Mar I hope you got your roof fixed?

WCS
  • Hollyberry
    Options
    It's been wild and wet here in the West Midlands, although seemingly a bi quieter at the moment. The overhead power lines for the trains at Birmingham International were turned off for a (safely executed) emergency landing at the airport not long ago. Must have been scary stuff.

I've put another log on the fire, and am snuggling down with the laptop and a fleecy blanket. I am with all you sofa sleepers in times of ill health. Perhaps it's the ability to get online/watch tv/read when poorly, plus the ability to sleep sitting up if needed that makes it so attractive and comfortable. Sending healing thoughts to the poorly peeps.
  • charlies-aunt
    Options
    ALIBOBSY wrote: »
    Basically last night the coughing and wheezing was waking me up and waking OH up so I gave up and came downstairs, was worried about waking the kids up so sat with the laptp reading.
    Ali x

{{{hugs}}} I have been asthmatic all my life and dread the onset of winter and catching the dreaded 'office cold'

I wonder if you have tried a few dots of Olbas Oil on your nightie top or on your pillow at bedtime? Its amazing how it stops your nose running and soothes your "tubes"....it will clear OH's chest too! Vick's vapour rub is good rubbed into chest and upper back but a bit sticky!

Try inhaling steam with a tiny drop of Eucalyptus or Olbas Oil in to ease a wheezy chest.

A small tot of spirits at bedtime helps to dilate your airways too

I make HM elderberry and clove syrup - it has a powerful taste but really soothing to sore throats

Hope you feel better soon
    :heartpuls The best things in life aren't things :heartpuls

2017 Grocery challenge £110.00 per week/ £5720 a year

• S_Wales_Saver
    Options
    Weather is doing a goodun here in S Wales. Rain, hail and wind. Water coming into garage, conservatory and our bedroom. DD2's OH went on roof last weekend and found a firework had made a large hole.:eek: Presently sourcing a temp repair til spring :(.

How's it up top Elaine241? Hope you're not getting blown away.
    Dor
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Nobody do what i did last year to ease breathing and a cough!

I sprinkled lots of essential oils on a hanky and then put it in the neck of my nightie so I could breathe in the scents. Worked well till I woke up next morning wondering what the red marks on my neck were?

Not Dracula - I had been over enthusiastic with the oils and slightly burnt myself! :o
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills