PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Preparedness for when

Options

Comments

• RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,769 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pineapple wrote: »
    Locally we may get some 'wintry showers' tomorrow. I hope not as just an icing sugar dusting makes my lane tricky and I've got to get to the dentist in Ilkley for a root canal! :eek::eek::eek:

Looks like work might share the same visit but I am hoping that it has melted by the time I get there; home is far enough east to escape with a drenching.

I am hoping it has all calmed down by next week; got the long trek and the last few years have been eventful for different reasons, snow, ice and floods.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • ALIBOBSY
    ALIBOBSY Posts: 4,527 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ooh don't envy you that root canal, I hate the dentist, have a real phobia to the point where I physically shake before going in.

Still feeling rough, but keeping warm under blankets. Dr rang at lunch to say he had done me a prescription for anti biotics but also had prescribed the strong steroid pills I had last time as well. He also said given what happened last time he wants to see me tomorrow morning to listen to my chest once the pills have started to get into my system. He said not to be afraid of using a and e or an ambulance if I get worse. He also mentioned we will probably have to review my medication as things may be worsening.

Ali x
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

• oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    1. both freezers full to bursting with food
    2. lots of tinned goods stores
    3. flour and pasta aplenty
    4. log burner lit = no oil use and if elec does down then at least can cook brew up and keep warm
    5.knitting a wolly pully to go into the wardrobe with all the others.
  • bluebag
    bluebag Posts: 2,450 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ALIBOBSY wrote: »
    Ooh don't envy you that root canal, I hate the dentist, have a real phobia to the point where I physically shake before going in.

Still feeling rough, but keeping warm under blankets. Dr rang at lunch to say he had done me a prescription for anti biotics but also had prescribed the strong steroid pills I had last time as well. He also said given what happened last time he wants to see me tomorrow morning to listen to my chest once the pills have started to get into my system. He said not to be afraid of using a and e or an ambulance if I get worse. He also mentioned we will probably have to review my medication as things may be worsening.

Ali x

Hope you get it nipped in the bud. I have a few problems with my chest and need antibiotics really quickly.

Not as severe as yours by a long shot,but I do know how scary it all is.
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can't remember my last cold and I've had flu proper twice in my life. I've heard that as you get older you build up a resistance to certain germs as you've had it all before! I don't take vitamins or eat particularly well but it probably helps not using public transport.
    But getting older is not all good. You get aches and pains and a creaky back to compensate!:eek:
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Weather getting really bad here and I'd bet the elect goes off again sometime tonight.
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I rarely get colds, but I had one in September, and I have one now.

It's not a bad cold, just a bit inconvenient really.

But I can pinpoint exactly where I got it from.

In September, I got my cold a couple of days after I sailed on my cruise, and on Saturday I did a day visit to a cruise ship, and sure enough, a couple of days later I have a cold.

That's the trouble with having lots of .... Er more mature people all in the same place, colds are rife, and get passed on. An old bloke actually sneezed on me, I wasn't happy.

Before you get on a cruise ship you have to complete a health declaration to confirm you haven't had norovirus or cold symptoms in the last few days, but people routinely lie on the forms.
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Hollyberry
    Hollyberry Posts: 837 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 December 2013 at 5:56PM
    Options
    RAS wrote: »
    Thanks mar. Another big blow coming in up north.

Just hoping that we do not get a repeat of last year down south http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Sv_urK868

Sorry to see the clip, RAS, but I've come over all nostalgic. I used to live less than a mile from there. Happy days, even if driving out to my stepfather over Stoke Canon bridge was always an adventure when it flooded. :eek: He was disabled, so I couldn't leave him to fend for himself - made keeping an eye of the weather pretty important so we could get out to his place in good time if needed. Good memories there, thanks. ;)

ETA - Take care Alibobsy - hope you are keeping comfortable and snug.
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    Weather getting really bad here and I'd bet the elect goes off again sometime tonight.

I haven't paid much attention to the weather forecasts over the last couple of days, so this coming storm seems, for me at least, to be almost out of the blue.

Must pay more attention .

Best wishes to all north and west peeps
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Mar are you weathertight after your loft window?
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure