PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Preparedness for when

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Depends on your definition of "good".

If by good you mean strong, then they are VERY GOOD.

Just be careful not to spill any on your table, as you might find the varnish missing. :p
  • Hollyberry
    Options
    That Builder's Teabag might be alright for me. After someone else used it ten times first. :D

Stopped at Mr Ald* today, and had a small furtle. Big thanks to whoever (was it you Wyre?) mentioned the ski gloves, as I now have a fine toasty pair for myself. And also some thermals. One surprising benefit for the more lofty amongst us is that the thermals are pretty long of arm and leg, so I'm not entering the chilly ankle and wrist territory. :cool: At a fiver apiece for hands, top and bottom, I could be feeling pretty snug this winter. Sadly I couldn't find the ski boots in my size - they were all giant or tiny. Have managed to avoid scoffing the godkids chocolate reindeer (also from Mr A) by wrapping them up ready. :p
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    GQ if you get him I've got the butchery book to sort him out on my shelf!!!
    :D I have killed a Snowman! Right thru the eye, whee!

Plus who knew how much fun target shooting Xmas baubles could be?! That's one partikler bauble that won't be answering back again, stuck thru the middle like an apple.

:D Please excuse me, am just in from archery, grinning like a loon and hopped up on enough sugary treats to turn a classroom of kiddlewinks hyper.

Before we started hitting the mulled wine and shooting strange things like cardboard snowmen, santa and reindeer, we did do proper shooting and I got my bestest ever score.

:o So proud. AND I KILLED A BAUBLE. A silver one. Shot it twice and it's now gone to the great bauble-heaven in the sky.

Can you hear that sound? That, fellow preppers, is the sound of the christmas angels weeping as they mourn its passing. Come the Zombie Apocalypse, some of us will be armed and dangerous, mwah ha ha!

49009-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Pink-Bauble-Ornament.jpg
    :snow_grin:rudolf::snow_grin:rudolf::snow_grin19453146-archer-draw.jpg
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    O god she's found the smilies!
  • GreyQueen
    Options
    :D It's the sugar, Mar, it's doing cray-zee things to my metabolism. I shall crash and burn pretty soon.

Once I've finished bouncing off the walls, natch.;)
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
  • pumpkinlife
    Options
    I like my tea stronnng. Where did you get them again? Was it £land?

Off in to the city tomorrow to pick up some Christmas bits, so shall check out any bargain offerings for the pantry.
  • Perplexed_Pineapple
    Options
    RAS wrote: »
    Hi that was some fright.

The thing that struck me last year was the very very short notice anyone gets of tornados - 15 minutes max and then you are not sure whether you are going to be demolished or standing intact next door to a vacant lot. Just had not realised how fickle they are.

My thoughts are:

1. Have an in-car BOB at all time. ....

....4. One thing I note is that a lot of southern USa properties are timber-frame with timber cladding? If you move think about less fragile construction?
    Just a thought, maybe it's better to have a lightweight construction so that you will be less likely to be seriously injured/killed by flying debris or a collapsing structure? A bit like a lot of places in earthquake zones stick to timber-framed houses.
    We're very fortunate in the UK to rarely have such extremes of weather. It would be misguided to think this situation will persist forever, it seems pretty likely that climate change will cause increased instability and variability over the next few decades, I think we will have time to get used to it and adapt accordingly.
  • thenanny2die4
    Options
    I'm glad that you are okay!
    But yes, that is one of my worries as well. We are not likely to get tornado's here, but we could flood.. or burn...

I don't know the answer to that question either and I too ask it some times.

Perhaps an arbour - a la John Wyndham? :rotfl:
    Avoiding plastic, palm oil and Nestlé
  • cornishchick
    Options
    Remind me not to wear my self decorated Christmas jumper near GQ...... The one with sewn on silver baubles could prove very dangerous:eek:
    today's mood is brought to you by coffee, lack of sleep and idiots.

Living on my memories, making new ones.
    declutter 104/2020

November GC £96.09/£100.
    December GC £00.00/£100
  • GreyQueen
    edited 18 December 2013 at 9:49AM
    Options
    Remind me not to wear my self decorated Christmas jumper near GQ...... The one with sewn on silver baubles could prove very dangerous:eek:
    :p LMAO, any archer would be getting twitchy at the sight of that!

ETA; For sorryImoved ;http://survivalcache.com/how-to-bug-out-from-mother-nature/
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills