PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Preparedness for when

Options

Comments

• We have been to Ma*ro this morning and the only dried veg they had was onions too and no pearl barley at all which was what I went for in the first place as I cook it for the dog as part of his meals. We will just have to use the little Whitwo*ths ones I think Cheers Lyn x.
  • born_blonde
    Options
    Amazon do pearl barley as well the cheapest I can see is just under £2 a kilo.
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Able Archer
  • Thank you, Thank you, Thank you BORNBLONDE -0h you is a very helpful and good bunny Cheers Lyn xxx.
  • born_blonde
    Options
    And on approved food but I cannot read the pack size http://www.approvedfood.co.uk/?pid=48662
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Able Archer
  • prepareathome
    Options
    :cry: I want a paracord bracelet,:cry:

I do have paracord,not much but how would I make a bracelet from it. Mind you its olive green not exactly stylish.:cool:
    Need to get back to getting finances under control now kin kid at uni as savings are zilch

Fashion on a ration coupon 2021 - 21 left
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    there's a 7-day challenge on foodstoragemadeeasy using various shtf scenarios; dont think I'll be taking the challenge but its interesting.
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • D&DD
    D&DD Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    Options
    PAH there are loads of tutorials on youtube ;)

I've spotted a really cool mummy paracord keyfob on ebay which I'm currently trying to resist :D

Busy day here,have a vat *literally* of cucumber and apple chutney on the go,the dehydrators on filled with kiwi,strawberries,tomatoes and the peel from the apples..
    Have yet to even glance in the garden to see what else is ready,need to walk doglet if I can raise her from her snoring :rotfl:
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I signed up to the emails from foodstoragemadeeasy some time ago and they are very thorough. But their SHTF scenarios are at the extreme edge. I found Mardatha's more thought provoking as they seemed closer to the sort of scenario we could actually encounter here in the UK.. Speaking of which, got any more, Mardatha, to set us thinking?

But I love that cinema flyer - I thought of your HA project PAH
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • vanoonoo
    vanoonoo Posts: 1,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would say my cord bracelet is similar to this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neewer-Survival-Bracelet-Stainless-Shackle/dp/B007CAXLPW/ref=pd_sim_sg_1

no shopping trolley caught as yet, but the next canal boat that comes past I am aiming to relieve them of their kettle :D

that bbq you said you went to at uni wasnt in greenwich by any chance was it?! I fashioned a very good BBQ and a funky seat out of shopping trolleys back in the day (sorry A5d@)
    Blah
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport