QB Wolf's long and winding road

Options

Comments

• QB_Wolf
    QB_Wolf Posts: 722 Forumite
    Options
    Another week and the work is still ongoing - unlikely to be back in the house until after Christmas now.

Working from home today whilst the building work carries on. It'll all be worth it in the long term.
    Start Date 16/09/2015
    Original amount outstanding = 225,000 Current amount outstanding =199,812
    Original LTV = 64% Current LTV = 49%
    Original Pay Off Date = Sep' 36 New Pay Off date = Sep' 36
    Original Dly Int = 17.17 New Dly Int = 17.17 Total OP = £1319.31
  • QB_Wolf
    Options
    12 days on.

Things aren't going well, we've found a leak on the upstairs toilet down pipe, that has been running for that long that a joist in the living room has rotted through, one corner has dropped two inches.

When doing the re-wiring a lot of the plaster had come down, so the bedrooms all need re-plastering, I've got one of the bedrooms to bare brick and the ceiling dropped.

During this process we've noticed a pretty nasty crack in the brickwork caused by a roof support column not being supported properly.

We also had an attempted burglary last week, luckily the ******* was scared off and didn't get in, they've arrested someone, he's in court tomorrow, and hopefully locked up for a looooonnnnngggg time.

But it does mean we need a new front door and surround and we're also getting an alarm fitted.

I'm living in the house alone and have been now for the last 9 days.

The utility room is coming along slowly but surely, floor tiles started going down today and the new central heating system is coming along too.

Merry Christmas :( :santa2:
    Start Date 16/09/2015
  • Pushkin
    Pushkin Posts: 795 Forumite
    Options
    Blimey QB - thats terrible - bet you'll be glad to see the end of 2016 after that catalogue of misfortune.

Sending positive thoughts your way - you sure are due to some good luck!
  • QB_Wolf
    Options
    Pushkin wrote: »
    Blimey QB - thats terrible - bet you'll be glad to see the end of 2016 after that catalogue of misfortune.

Sending positive thoughts your way - you sure are due to some good luck!

Thanks Pushkin appreciate it, 2016s been pretty good really, it's just been the last couple of weeks. :D

I was wobbling last week, but feel OK now. My wife is having her wobble now - still it will all be worth it in the long run - that's what I keep telling myself anyway :D

I also keep telling myself, that it's better to get these issues found and resolved before they become bigger issues.
    Start Date 16/09/2015
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Oh dear, they says woes come in threes, yours seem to be coming in three groups of three ;). Hope the burglar gets a stiff sentence, I expect he might not though :(.

Keep on keeping on :T.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • QB_Wolf
    edited 20 December 2016 at 9:01AM
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Oh dear, they says woes come in threes, yours seem to be coming in three groups of three ;). Hope the burglar gets a stiff sentence, I expect he might not though :(.

Keep on keeping on :T.

Thanks gg, the guy is a serial offender, can't go into detail, but hopefully he'll get more than usual this time.

I'm hoping we've seen the end of the bad luck, but I doubt it somehow :D

Most of the alarm is fitted now, floor tiling in the utility finished today. Electrician coming tomorrow to finish things off, plumber coming to plumb in the new boiler so we're getting there, big day tomorrow.

Also my wife is coming round to the idea of not starting anything new and getting what we've started finished and moving the kids back in (and her of course) which is great, it's taken all of my influencing skills :D

Was staying over in a hotel for my Christmas do, but just cancelled that, so at least I'll save money on the hotel and drinks and be fresh for our night out with our friends on Saturday :beer:
    Start Date 16/09/2015
  • QB_Wolf
    Options
    "Out of darkness cometh light" - electricians have finished today, and we have lights all around the house, which is of course great.

All we need now is hot water!!!

Just got back from my works Christmas do, which was really enjoyable and I didn't spend a penny, I drove and there was free soft drinks. I feel quite smug that tomorrow, I will have a nice clear head. Sunday will be a different story.
    Start Date 16/09/2015
  • QB_Wolf
    Options
    Mortgage Payment gone in, can I afford to round it down with an OP is the question.
    Start Date 16/09/2015
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    QB_Wolf wrote: »
    Mortgage Payment gone in, can I afford to round it down with an OP is the question.

Funny how I logged on and this is the first thing I saw.

:D I must be your "wee elf on the shelf" :rotfl:

For me, at this time of year, If I couldn't round down to the nearest £100, I would round down to the nearest ££.pp. Just saying . . . . . .

Need to catch up with your/all the diaries soon as I seem to be logging on for 2 mins, then dashing off, so much to do at this time of year.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • QB_Wolf
    Options
    Maybe wait until payday to make an OP, which is on Friday.

In fact stuff it I'll do it now. £60.65 paid off and mortgage rounded down.

Plumbers been here all day today, so the new boiler is installed, should have heating on Wednesday.
    Start Date 16/09/2015
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts