my non-mortgage mortgage free journey

Options

Comments

• quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Went to collect my paint and spent £1.50 on squash...and £16 in clarks, to be fair that was 2 pairs of shoes in the next size one of which will do nursery in sep :)

Stopped at asda on the way home in search of reduced milk they did have some but only slightly reduced i got some full price stuff to last me til monday and they had just brought out bread so i got 2 loaves that were still warm (and still are i just had a sandwich), i also got a box of eggs which has pushed me over budget i think, i've spent £10.66 so far this week but i should be sorted for the week, and i real fancied poached egg on toast :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Options
    I'm not having a good month :( first of all my tax credits cut and now i'm out of oil, £525 gone in one go :( i had hoped this fill of oil would last us a year or til we moved but acually we only managed 7months and most of that was summer :( i paid for it out of my emergency money, but now i have no emergency money left :(

So now i'm really in no spending mode, about to put spag bol in the slowcooker, and get the fire lit, then start cleaning.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Options
    Hi all after my last post saying i'm in no spending mode i did a tesco order, they sent me a code so i stocked up on tinned stuff because i had no tomatoes or beans and i'd used the last of the pasta sauce in the spag bol, it just arrived (today was a £3.50 del slot and some of the offers went off on monday)

i spent £44.42 after reductions and code and for that i got

2kg flora
    2litres milk
    bag of frozen mixed veg
    2 bags of frozen brocolli
    3 tins tom puree
    2 tubes tom puree
    2 boxes of stuff
    500g gravy
    1kg sugar
    3 500g bags of spagetti (dried)
    5 tins spagetti
    4 tin sweetcorn
    7 tins carrots
    7 tins custard
    40 tins of branstons beans
    pot of honey
    5 tins chopped tomatoes
    2 jars sweet and sour
    10 jars pasta sauce
    5 tins pineapple
    value pepper pot
    bag carrots
    8 tins coke
    16 tins diet coke
    1.5litre orange squas
    1.5 litre blackcurrant and apple squash
    bag on onions
    30 eggs (these are £1.50 so worth having a look online if you can get them near you)
    7 tins spagetti hoops

Ok not a very healthy shop but my tin cupboard is filled to bursting, i have the bases of lots of cheap meals, and i saved some money :) this is all stuff we use and like, altho it will prob take us a year to eat all that tinned spagetti lol.

Oh yeah and i was at the dentist this morning i had a filling done :( my mouth is killing me i've never had trouble like this with a filling before so i'm very sore, on the way home i lodged the check for my pay so when it clears i'll add it to my savings.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    wow big shop...hope you r mouth is ok...we 4 went to the dentist yesterday...£100 when did they start charging for kids ? that was just a check up....goodness help us if we need some work doing

oil sounds expensive but u need some heat...its flippin freezing here
    take care tess
    onwards and upwards
  • quintwins
    Options
    wow big shop...hope you r mouth is ok...we 4 went to the dentist yesterday...£100 when did they start charging for kids ? that was just a check up....goodness help us if we need some work doing

oil sounds expensive but u need some heat...its flippin freezing here
    take care tess

Wow they shouldn't charge kids :( mine was free thankfully, last time i was in i was having a root canal and i noticed they'd put up a price list and my teatment shoudl have cost £220, liek seriously as if it wouldn't have been sore enough, my dentist is quite fancy but are mostly nhs as far as i know. My mouths feeling abit better today now i've taken loads of painkillers :o

It's not so much the cost of oil it's the cost all at once iykwim.

Not much happening here today i still have no car so another day at home, i have work tonight so the inlaws are giving me a lift.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Options
    I've had no car since wed and unlikely to until atleast tues so my to do list didn't go well, i won't do another one just try work threw that one next week, think of the desil i'm savings. Still waiting on hubby to be paid, but i guess if i don't have it i can't spend it.

Will be adding another £159 to the savings come monday.

Meal plan for the week looks like this

mon- chicken casarole with mash
    tue-mince and taties
    wed- pasta bake
    thur-pie, mash and peas
    fri-gammon egg and chips
    sat- quiche and hm wedges (or possibly free dinner at the inlaws)
    sun- spagetti on toast

Havent made much of a dent on the freezer infact i struggled to even get 3 bags of frozen veg in but i'll get there eventually.

Need a sack of spuds and some bread and milk this week so setting a £15 budget.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Options
    Few spends today, i have no car so gave hubby £20 and he came home with 20p lol he got

20kg spuds
    2x 2 litres of milk
    2 loaves of bread
    18 luxury toilet roll

also it's rent day so another £150
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Baking_Mad
    Options
    quintwins wrote: »
    I'm not having a good month :( first of all my tax credits cut and now i'm out of oil, £525 gone in one go :( i had hoped this fill of oil would last us a year or til we moved but acually we only managed 7months and most of that was summer :( i paid for it out of my emergency money, but now i have no emergency money left :(

So now i'm really in no spending mode, about to put spag bol in the slowcooker, and get the fire lit, then start cleaning.

Hi, quintwins,

Guess what, we've run out of oil too. I've been busy phoning around for a quote today and it's very expensive. Did your £525 buy you 1000 litres? The cheapest price for 1000 I'm getting is £640 :eek::eek::eek:
  • quintwins
    Options
    Baking_Mad wrote: »
    Hi, quintwins,

Guess what, we've run out of oil too. I've been busy phoning around for a quote today and it's very expensive. Did your £525 buy you 1000 litres? The cheapest price for 1000 I'm getting is £640 :eek::eek::eek:

Oh no i hope you get some in quickly it's suppose to snow on fri and sat so your gonna need it. It was 900litres.

My laptops playing up and doesn't like mse :( it keeps crashing, i've had a few spends but i'll update in a few days,, hope your all doing well and saviings lots :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Baking_Mad
    Options
    I ended up ordering 800 litres and that came to just over £510. Annoying that they can charge whatever they want cos it seems there is almost 100 litres of a difference for almost the same price...

However, they were very quick and it was delivered today so at least we'll have a warm house in case it snows. :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure