my non-mortgage mortgage free journey

Options

Comments

• quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Baking_Mad wrote: »
    I ended up ordering 800 litres and that came to just over £510. Annoying that they can charge whatever they want cos it seems there is almost 100 litres of a difference for almost the same price...

However, they were very quick and it was delivered today so at least we'll have a warm house in case it snows. :j

I got mine with 3 hrs :o it annoys me that they don't just all give you the same price maybe with a slight difference like filling stations rather than huge differences, atleast you'll be warm :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    edited 21 January 2013 at 12:43PM
    Options
    We had a chinese yesterday :( spending is abit ott this month but if you take away the heating oil is is acually well under control.

Meal plan for the next few days is

Sat
    b-wheatbix x4= 70p
    rest of meals at the inlaws, hubby was helping a friend who feed him

Total for the day =70p

sun
    b-toast x 3=8p
    l- dinner at inlaws
    d- whoospies cheese and onion rolls, 57p, free pancakes, free apples, bananas 15p, soup 33p, chips 20p, beans 30p, chicken 50p

total for the day £2.13

mon
    b- free pancakes (from inlaws) wheatbix x 1 15p, banana 5p
    l- free potatoe and leek soup from the inlaws
    d-spag bol, onion 5p, carrots 10p, pasta sauce 39p mince 60p celery 5p, mushrooms 5p (all whoopsied except the onions, carrots and pasta sauce) = £1.24 (freeze half for later in the week) 62p and spagetti 10p=72p

total for day= 92p

tue
    b-blueberry pancakes, reduced blueberries 57p no egg batter 10p= 67p
    l- noodles 22p with 1/3 sweetcorn 10p and soy sauce 5p= 37p
    d-chicken casarole, chicken leftover from the day before free, carrots 20p, onion 5p, gravy 10p, mash 40p, mixed veg 20p= 95p

total for day= £1.99

wed
    b-more blueberry pancakes -lo from yesterday
    l-chicken soup, chicken stock free/lo, grated carrot 10p, celery 5p, diced brocolli 10p, onion 5p (freeze some for later in the week), rice pudding 12p, plus rest of tin of oranges= 42p
    d- sweet and sour chicken (might be pushing it abit will see how the chicken goes but i'm trying rubber chicken this week) chicken free, onion 5p, celery 5p, rest of tin of sweetcorn 22p, sweet and sour sauce 26p = 58p chips 20p rice 10p = 88p

total for day £1.30 (will be £2.30 if i run out of chicken as i'll use one of the massive breasts we get from the meat place)

thur
    b-porridge 20p with rasins 10p= 30p
    l-more soup free, with bread 8p
    d-pasta bake, using rest of mince mix from sat 62p and pasta 45p plus crusts of bread 5p = £1.12

total for today £1.50

fri
    b- tinned pineapple 32p and special k mini bites x 3 15p, porridge for me 10p= 57p
    l- whoospies cheese and onion pastys from freezer 18p, followed by custard 6p and oranges 19p= 43p
    d- pizza £1.12 and garlic bread 10p, followed by banana bread from the freezer 10p and the rest of the custard for the kids= £1.32

total for today £2.32

Total for the week comes to £14.55 (or £13.55 if my chicken lasts) whats more important is this meal plan means i don't have to go shopping this week, i'll get some milk at the start of the week, thats why i havent focused on cereals and bread much but rather stuff i have in and tins.I will go to asda during the week in search of cheap fruit to see me threw, i also want to try get some berries into the freezer for in porridge or pancakes.

There will also be some soup in the freezer for next week, which i will turn into noodle soup for tea one night.

Setting myself a budget of £10 this week £4 of that goes straight to school so £6 wish me luck :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Options
    My spends so far look like this

£525- heating oil
    £150.76 on shopping
    £150-rent
    £19 on chinese
    £10 shooting
    £16 clarks shoes
    £27 bowling
    £17.50 phone bills
    £19.02 on insurance
    £5.48 on tools

Which makes my spends a shocking £918.28 and thats only half way into the month, my overall budget for the YEAR is £7500 so i need to rein this in, i know that heating oil was the big problem but even still, so for the rest of the month i'm using what i have and not buying anything else, i still have to give the school £12 i can't avoid that but no more spending, if you think i'm buying stuff i don't need to feel free to come and tell me off i won't be offended :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Options
    I'm suffering with my tooth :( have to go get it out, i'm hoping for a cancelation, as a result i can't eat most of my meal plan for this week so i'll adjust it as i go along, another plus is the in laws feel sorry for us so keep giving us food lol.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • littleg_2
    Options
    Hi quintwins, I've been AWOL for awhile, but popped back to finish reading your diary. Well done on the savings, very envious of your whoopsie finds;) it took me a while to realise your food budget was £50 per week, I initially thought it was per month:eek:
  • quintwins
    Options
    littleg wrote: »
    Hi quintwins, I've been AWOL for awhile, but popped back to finish reading your diary. Well done on the savings, very envious of your whoopsie finds;) it took me a while to realise your food budget was £50 per week, I initially thought it was per month:eek:

Err it's suppose to be per month, not for the whole year just til i use stuff up, but emm my spends this month are at £150 already!!! thanks to a chinese and a big tesco order that i did using a code which seemed like a good idea, i'm hoping to balance it out later in the year :p my budget is £1200 for the year if that helps.

p.s if that becomes to hard with increasing food prices i do have abit of give in my overall budget to allow abit more should i need it.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • littleg_2
    Options
    Gawd, I've just cut down to £60pw for 4 of us and finding that a challenge. Seriously impressed!
  • quintwins
    Options
    littleg wrote: »
    Gawd, I've just cut down to £60pw for 4 of us and finding that a challenge. Seriously impressed!

:rotfl::rotfl:i don't know why when i'm failing miserably, i don't think it helps i was ill, then went from being ill to being in pain :(
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    i hope you are ok...you have gone very quiet..

good wishes tess
    onwards and upwards
  • quintwins
    Options
    hi tess i'm here :) have been feeling abut uder the weather and not being very frugal :( i'll be on tomorrow to update you all on how jan went and tell you my plans for feb.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family