my non-mortgage mortgage free journey

Options

Comments

• ammonite
    ammonite Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lol yes I'm always rich on payday...for about five minutes! Glad your dinner was nice what did you have?
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 September 2012 at 10:13AM
    Options
    We had reduced finest meatballs, with mash, sweetcorn, green beans and gravy it was yummy.

Well not much going on today will spend the day ironing, scrub the bathroom and will keep the line full of washing.Will clean and slice mushrooms, celery and carrots for the freezer as there all getting close to there best, none of this needs parboiled unless you want to serve your carrots as a side, i throw mine in casaroles/stews/sauces so i don't need to, i nearly always have fresh carrots in.

Dinner tonight is pork chops, 4 cost 18p :) with roasties, yorkshires, mixed veg and gravy.

i made value custard last night again but it didn't set :( bit dissapointed but i had left the kettle for a monute or 2 go maybe the water wasn't hot enough, i'll try boil it on the hob and see if that helps.

NSD :) 3 in sep so far, gonna try for 20.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Options
    1 1/2 punnets of mushrooms, half a bag of carrots, a bag of parsley and 3 celery hearts in the freezer, if i'd have left them much longer they end up in the bin, total cost of all of it was- 48p , i've ran out of food bags so need to go to lidl they are by far the best.

Shopping list done for tomorrow for tesco, comes to just over £20 but i have a £3 off £20 voucher fingers crossed i stick to it, it included alot of butter, cereal and curry sauce which we don't need but will use, even worse that cereals branded!!! not like me but there half price so figured i might aswell :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    edited 5 September 2012 at 10:38AM
    Options
    Tesco are sending me a £5 voucher for my spuds, they cost £3.50 so i'm up by £1.50 lol.

Shopping today fingers crossed i don't spend too much, will update later, no whoospies this week just sticking to a list *hopefully*

I think it's cold today but nothing another jumper and some cleaning won't fix.

i'm still costing my meals, it's in post 157 if anyone wants to look, it's very interesting we're averaging around £2.50-£3 a day for 5 of us, however our cheap weekends help, the ones we get takaway on will soon bump it up, i'm expecting to spend more tomorrow my kids always go abit mental when i've just filled up the fruit bowl and i'm planning to buy yogurt drinks which is a novelty but the tesco goodness ones are 50p for 6 so will do for in the car and for taking to the soft play area next week.

Quick tea tonight of sausage,beans, chips and egg as i won't be home until nearly 6 .
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • thriftylass
    Options
    quintwins wrote: »

i'm still costing my meals, it's in post 157 if anyone wants to look, it's very interesting we're averaging around £2.50-£3 a day for 5 of us, .

That's amazing, well done. Figured out when might be the time they reduce things in our local Tesco which is about 8pm, so well after work and the wee ones bedtime. Will def have a look as soon as our provisions I just bought run low. Those savings you make just can't be made by just planning and careful shopping, we spend about £150 on food a month for three :eek: and I wouldn't mind that coming down :p
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • quintwins
    Options
    That's amazing, well done. Figured out when might be the time they reduce things in our local Tesco which is about 8pm, so well after work and the wee ones bedtime. Will def have a look as soon as our provisions I just bought run low. Those savings you make just can't be made by just planning and careful shopping, we spend about £150 on food a month for three :eek: and I wouldn't mind that coming down :p

i don't think £150 is that bad, my normal budget is £200 and once i've got to the other side of xmas i might try £150, thats without whoospies. THe problem is when you've kids it's all the fruit, veg milk and yogurts, we have been quite good lately but right now theres 1 plum, one nectarine and 2 apples in my fruit bowl so abit low, i'll buy a punnet of grapes and they won't make it past 9 in the morning, it costs me £5 a week minium on fruit then we use about 6 bottles of milk a week so another £6, even yogurts are dear, i buy value ones but given the chance they'd eat a whole pack a day which is £3.50 before me or hubby even get any over a month thats £58 alone, plus then a fiver of frozen veg, then bread, meat,tins, drinks ect it soon adds up.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    quintwins wrote: »
    i don't think £150 is that bad, my normal budget is £200 and once i've got to the other side of xmas i might try £150, thats without whoospies. THe problem is when you've kids it's all the fruit, veg milk and yogurts, we have been quite good lately but right now theres 1 plum, one nectarine and 2 apples in my fruit bowl so abit low, i'll buy a punnet of grapes and they won't make it past 9 in the morning, it costs me £5 a week minium on fruit then we use about 6 bottles of milk a week so another £6, even yogurts are dear, i buy value ones but given the chance they'd eat a whole pack a day which is £3.50 before me or hubby even get any over a month thats £58 alone, plus then a fiver of frozen veg, then bread, meat,tins, drinks ect it soon adds up.

Same here, I try to budget my apple and grape intake ;) but grapes won't make it till the next day either. The wee one is a milk guzzler, it's still his favourite drink.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • quintwins
    Options
    Same here, I try to budget my apple and grape intake ;) but grapes won't make it till the next day either. The wee one is a milk guzzler, it's still his favourite drink.

mine d like milk but they've started the can i have coke moan now, they get it sometimes maybe once a day but we use sugar free value coke at 17p a bottle :), i have to eb hinest me and hubby are milk guzzlers, we can easy drink 2litres on half an hr, my hubbys so funny he says he'd never drink before we got married cause he's never had full fat milk, where as thats all i buy and he says he's making up for lost time.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • ammonite
    ammonite Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    £150 for 3 isn't bad. We spend that for 2 :o but used to spend way over £200 due to my hoarding capabilities!

Good idea to cost meals quintwins, some things are so expensive and other days are really cheap!
  • quintwins
    edited 6 September 2012 at 9:30AM
    Options
    Ammonite i spend £150 even with my hoarding issues lol.

Well i spent £26.17 yesterday then i had a £3 off £20 spend and £2.75 in other vouchers, it's not my best shopping list to date and i'm half way into my budget but i got,

5 bottles of coke
    fruit bag-free
    2x2litres of milk
    goodness water 6 small bottles, had a 75p off voucher so cost 25p
    2 loaves of bread
    big box of rice crispies
    box of coco pops
    2 curry sauce (told you i was a hoarder even on a reduced budget i was stocking up)
    2 goodness yogurts (these are 50p at the mo)
    4 flora buttery (these are 97p each)
    2 tooty fruities...yummy these are half price at 77p each
    onions
    goodness cheese sticks- these were free
    2 bags of 8 apples
    bag of chips
    bag of 8 bananas
    value grapes
    and a much needed washing up bowl

When i got back to collect my kids my mil had made us all dinner so i didn't have to make any, but my youngest and daddy eat a whole packet of yogurts in one go after dinner lol.

Not much going on here today, i still havent done ant ironing but i told ds3 i'd take him to the soft play area today so if he remebers i'll be heading out so still none done.

Changed my meal plan abit because i really couldn't be bothered making pasta sauce today, so tonight will be expensive were having 2 reduced lasagnes (38p each) with a value garlic bread 37p and a few frozen chips :)

While i was out there i brought in a bottle of basic baby bath, i got this for 9p in a half price baby event, i stocked up, so i've filled my soap dispeners for less than 5p :) i really do recommend this i've been doing it for years. Unfortunatly it's 46p everywhere at the mo but i have a few in already anyway :), you can also use value shampoo which is 40p per litre but on 3 for 2 at the mo aswell.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family