Binary Options

Options
13»

Comments

• Dave.44
    Dave.44 Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Very interesting padyrg, thank you for the link.

The BO market may be gambling and not reulated like financial products but surely there is the possibility of police action if criminal intent is shown to be the case. Sharp business practice is one thing, but deliberate deception during high pressure sales and not revealing the full conditions of contract could be challenged.

Many of those in the BO business seem to think that there is only money, ethics don't come into it.

It is already at a national government level. I hope it becomes illegal in the UK. I would give my support to that without hesitation.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,975 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Dave.44 wrote: »
    The BO market may be gambling and not reulated like financial products but surely there is the possibility of police action if criminal intent is shown to be the case.

The police are more interested in people who involuntarily become victims of crime (because someone threatens them with a knife or pulls them into a dark alley or breaks into their house while they're asleep) than those who voluntarily and consciously hand over their money to criminals. The latter kind of crime is also more difficult to prove.
    It is already at a national government level. I hope it becomes illegal in the UK. I would give my support to that without hesitation.

I wouldn't, much as I would like to see all scammers behind bars. They would just find another way to scam people. And greedy and gullible people would still give them their money. It would accomplish nothing, other than to waste the time of lawmakers and the police, and to encourage the belief that it's not your responsibility to look after your own money.
  • Dave.44
    Dave.44 Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 4 October 2016 at 4:33PM
    Options
    Malthusian wrote: »
    I wouldn't, much as I would like to see all scammers behind bars. They would just find another way to scam people. And greedy and gullible people would still give them their money. It would accomplish nothing, other than to waste the time of lawmakers and the police, and to encourage the belief that it's not your responsibility to look after your own money.

OK, but it's an ongoing activity to keep one step ahead of the scammers and the harder it gets for them the fewer gullable people (elderly etc.) will be fooled by it.

It is possible to trade in Binary Options in the USA but only on legitimate fincially regulated sites. So I read in various places. Where is the reliable source listing such sites? Do we assume that all such sites are regulated by virtue of the fact that they must be to publish? How can we check? Even the UK gov sites that I have seen do not list any. They even say that a listing on Companies House does not have any value regarding legitimacy of a company's trading practice. So where would a person go for reliable information? Yes, I know, don't bother just keep clear.
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Options
    Dave.44 wrote: »
    Yes, I know, don't bother just keep clear.

Think you hit it on the head there Dave.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure