Binary Options

Options
I have been following closely the story that CySEC will start to issue licences in Cyprus to the binary option operators there. I came across the following article on the Marketsword.com website which claims that they are the only currently licensed binary options site: Cyprus: Welcome to licensing binary options. Better late than never! Would it not make more sense for a Securities and Exchange Commission to regulate investment sites rather than a gaming commission? While I agree with parts of the article that Cyrus is not exactly the same as United States or Britain in terms of the rule of law, what does the Isle Of Man gaming commission know about stock markets, derivatives, and binary options.

Comments

• oldvicar
    oldvicar Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    Options
    annariv wrote: »
    I have been following closely the story that CySEC will start to issue licences in Cyprus to the binary option operators there. I came across the following article on the Marketsword.com website which claims that they are the only currently licensed binary options site: Cyprus: Welcome to licensing binary options. Better late than never! Would it not make more sense for a Securities and Exchange Commission to regulate investment sites rather than a gaming commission? While I agree with parts of the article that Cyrus is not exactly the same as United States or Britain in terms of the rule of law, what does the Isle Of Man gaming commission know about stock markets, derivatives, and binary options.

This would, would it not, be better as a Poll - with a binary choice of course. :D
  • MoneySaverLog
    MoneySaverLog Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    Options
    Would it not make more sense for a Securities and Exchange Commission to regulate investment sites rather than a gaming commission?

All to do with taxes. Your winnings from gambling are free of tax. Returns from Investment are not.
  • marylop
    Options
    Cyprus announced they’ll license a BO and a month later they were already handing out licenses! This just goes to show that the rule of law in Cyprus comes down to how much money you have and who you bribe or pay off. Cyprus is run by Russian “Business Men” and has been for a long time. It is a corrupt legal jurisdiction. The fact that a company would seek a license in Cyprus is a red flag for me. That means they would not qualify for a license in the US or Great Britain.
  • Trad3r1
    Options
    This is exciting news!
  • BOTraderUSA
    Options
    All to do with taxes. Your winnings from gambling are free of tax. Returns from Investment are not.

I live in the USA and have used many different BO trading sites. I have been using marketsworld.com for the past few weeks simply because they payout at the highest rates. I came across this discussion, am I understanding this correctly that my winnings with markets world are not IRS taxable because of the nature of their license in IoM, UK? I also sometimes use the binary options companies in Cyprus for trading individual stocks because marketsworld dont offer these yet, are those winnings from Cyprus BO websites taxable and winnings from markets world are not taxable? Do I understand this right? Any guidance here would be very much appreciated.
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 5 July 2013 at 8:45AM
    Options
    gushoho's post smells like spam
    Edit: gone now
  • ffacoffipawb
    ffacoffipawb Posts: 3,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options

There are 10 types of people - those that understand Binary Options and those that don't. :)
  • dealer_wins
    dealer_wins Posts: 7,334 Forumite
    Options
    Reaper wrote: »
    gushoho's post smells like spam

3 step check-list for spammer

1. New poster - check
    2. Resurrects an old thread - check
    3. Grammatical errors - check

SPAMMER DETECTED!!
  • NoiSeTraDer
    NoiSeTraDer Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    A lot of investing is like gambling and vice versa. Many people are bad at both!
  • Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    3 step check-list for spammer

1. New poster - check
    2. Resurrects an old thread - check
    3. Grammatical errors - check

SPAMMER DETECTED!!

Speaking of which...
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure