Take it to the Mattresses!

Options

Comments

• Grand_Benders
    Options
    With the exception of a few letters from creditors acknowledging that we've cancelled our Direct Debit instructions, we still haven't had anything from anyone in relation to the DMP. My LTSB loan was the first to be missed, so I'm expecting a letter from them any day. I sent all the DMP/token payment letters out 2nd class (have you SEEN the price of stamps these days! :eek:) so they would just have been arriving Friday/Monday.

Had a bit of a blip with our car, as one of the wheels had loose nuts after our service. We knew something wasn't right, posted on a thread here to ask for ideas, came out of the house yesterday morning and we noticed only 3 nuts on the front driver's side wheel. Hobbled the 6 miles to our 'local' garage (we live in the sticks; that's practically our neighbours!) to ask if they had a spare nut. THey put that on and tightened the other three, but I dread to think what could have happened on the motorway! Our mechanic is SO apologetic and we're going back to see him next Saturday so he can replace the 'loaned' nut with a proper matching one, and check everything else is ok for us.

Transferred all of our remaining cash out of Santander to our new Co-op account at the weekend, and withdrew the last £200 in cash to see us through till we get debit cards. £60 went straight away on petrol. Somehow seems more when you pay it in cash rather than using a card. :(

Managed a NSD on Sunday and nipped into Aldi last night to get some bits and pieces for lunches so that we can have a few more this week. £19.25 spend, but we haven't done the MySupermarket comparison yet. Can't wait to see that one, as we got a bundle of 'nibblies' for lunches (twix, mars and snickers equivalents and a few bars of chocolate just to compare), so I know it would be a LOT more in Sainsbury's!

We're having fun at the Aldi checkout, playing the how 'how little do you think we've spent this time' game in Aldi. Nearest wins, loser has to clean out the kitty litter. I was right within 25p this time :rotfl:

I called First Plus this morning about PPI on my 12 yr old loan and, despite having no information other than the address at the time, was able to lodge my mis-selling claim on the phone. :T Fingers crossed!

Managing gradually to find the Diaries of others that I've come across on various boards, and finding lots of useful info and making new friends.

I love this forum! :)
  • Grand_Benders
    Options
    Also, we've managed another few NSDs an on track for another today. :D
  • NewLeaf_2
    NewLeaf_2 Posts: 2,116 Forumite
    Options
    ok NSD good.

70 mile round trip wowza! My OH had a black horse loan years ago and I don't know if she had PPI or not.
    Mortgage: £280,752/ £262,515.84
    hmrc:£16760/£5,480.20
    evil credit cards: £41,208/ £37,841
    Car: £18,800/£13,101.18
    Weight 13.9/ 12.6 -1 stone 3
    saving for refurb £2000/£700 1 July 2013
  • Grand_Benders
    Options
    NewLeaf wrote: »
    ok NSD good.

70 mile round trip wowza! My OH had a black horse loan years ago and I don't know if she had PPI or not.

It's worth it for the feeling like you're actually AWAY from work, although sometimes when we need to work till 10pm or later, it's a bit of a grind arriving home and not having any 'evening' left.

You should tell her to look out her paperwork if she still has it and give it a bash. There's a great guide on here (right hand sidebar, 'popular now' articles.)

According to my figures, if my claim is upheld, I'll get back the £1,993 of my PPI premium plus 8%, giving a total of £2,120 after I pay the tax to 'THEM' on the interest. Not bad for one phone call (although it's not always that simple as I think First Plus are pretty unique in doing the whole phone complaint thing and usually it needs a letter and questionnaire, but not much more).
  • NewLeaf_2
    Options
    ha ha ha "THEM"

Basically my OH is the nutty professor. I doubt she still has the paperwork.

£2,120 is a result!

So we don't have an Aldi. Just a Lidl. I dont know if that is as good?

Do you work weird hours?
  • Grand_Benders
    Grand_Benders Posts: 350 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 14 July 2012 at 2:54PM
    Options
    If she doesn't have paperwork, she can send a DSAR (Data Subject Access Request) with a £10 cheque and they have to send her a copy of everything they hold under the Data Protection Act 1998, which should include account numbers, a copy of her agreement that will show if she signed for PPI, and then she just has to remember the circumstances of the sale to identify misselling (Did they say she had to have it to get the loan, etc etc). The MSE guide is great. Look for a thread called 'Subject Access Request' for a copy of the template letter (or I'll copy mine here for you). Turned out I didn't need the letter as First Plus have been quite good about phone claims, but I'm getting the info sent anyway since it's already in progress, just on the offchance that they don't uphold my claim and I have to take it to the Ombudsman.

I think Lidl might surprise you too. Worth taking a look. We were stunned at how much we saved with the combination of changing to Aldi and down-branding. To be honest, the Aldi alternatives are mostly pretty decent and in some cases the same products with different packaging. I think there's a thread somewhere that tells you which products at Aldi/Lidl are the branded product, but with different packaging, and which items are good alternatives if not direct swaps. I'll never shop at Sainsbury's ever again! ;)

We normally work 10 till 6, but the business is going through a rapid growth and has doubled in size since the beginning of the year, so month-end takes longer to process and lately we've had to work on to get everything done. Of course, if I would just stay away from these diaries, I could probably go home half an hour earlier! :rotfl:
  • NewLeaf_2
    Options
    Hi Grand Benders, thanks for all the information!

How has your day been? It is our year end here too so lots of work on but working 12 hours a day I take a little break and read the diaries.

I wish we lived in the country but OH half has to go into work every day while I can work from home.

(So that is something to be thankful for)

Do you have any weekend plans?
  • Grand_Benders
    Options
    Sadly this is month-end, so it repeats every 4 or 5 weeks. Conversely, Year-end is actually fairly smooth, mainly cos a lot of the work is done month-by-month.

Another late night for us tonight. Just having a quick check of the forums before we hit the motorway and head home to find out if the kitties are still speaking to us! :rotfl:

No specific weekend plans, as we might end up having to work Saturday to finish off some bits and pieces before Monday, but the reward for that is that we're then in the city and able to go enjoy a night out with friends. If we're not working, we'll probably stay home and try to get more stuff listed on ebay. We live a life of excitement and intrigue (NOT). :rotfl::rotfl:

Wouldn't mind working from home, and do manage to do it very occasionally but it's not really a regular thing.

Must get off. I'm getting glared at by OH who wants to go home! :p
  • NewLeaf_2
    Options
    working from home can be a bonus and a drag
    I can't believe it is only Thursday!! The sun is finally out. I am going to have a mad ebay listing weekend as well. Ah the joy!
  • NewLeaf_2
    Options
    what's the scoop? TGIF!