Am I entitled to a full refund

Options

Comments

• unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I received the items on 18/06/12 at 13:00 and sent my first email of complaint within one hour of receipt incuding photos of the damaged dress as required by the policy on their website, they emailed me back within 24 hours of each responce and I have replied to them instantly. I contacted both Barcleys and Paypal on the 22nd when I couldn't get them to offer past 25% of the total as a refund.

But which date did you make the payment via paypal to them? When you go into your paypal history, does it allow you to open a dispute on the transaction ?
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • Simple_but_hopefull
    Options
    I paid using paypal on May 17th, It allowed me to open a dispute but then I got an email back saying your refund request has been declined and when opening the mail it says edresses global has declined your request.
  • bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I paid using paypal on May 17th, It allowed me to open a dispute but then I got an email back saying your refund request has been declined and when opening the mail it says edresses global has declined your request.

Did you escalate the dispute into a claim? It sounds as though you may not have exhausted the PayPal claims process yet.
    Je suis Charlie.
  • Simple_but_hopefull
    Options
    It didn't give me any option that I could see to do that, thanks i'll go back to paypal and have another look :)
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    bazster wrote: »
    The personal details are in the public domain already, as is the case for all directors of UK-registered companies:
    Oh yes, I'm well aware of that, but rules is rules...
    forum_faqs_small_bubble.gif I posted a company director's name and address but it's gone, why?
    Forum users should not post their or anyone else's personal details (full names, email addresses, home addresses or telephone numbers) on the forum or send them via PM (private message). This includes personal details found on public look-up sites such as Whois.com and Companies House.
    Posters should also not harvest, collect or use information about others, including e-mail addresses.
  • bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    Oh yes, I'm well aware of that, but rules is rules...

OK, edited accordingly, wouldn't want the OP to miss out on the opportunity to give Steve a call...
    Je suis Charlie.
  • sarahbel
    sarahbel Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Within 45 days you can make a paypal claim - you could try to escalate it. They cannot just decline a claim I think. What is their returns policy on their website?
  • cbevey
    cbevey Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I have also been scammed by this company to the tune of £150. I received after 3 months dresses which were incorrect and of poor quality.

I fell for the delay techniques which meant when I claimed on paypal they couldn't help. I am now going via my Credit Card company.

I tried to cancel before they sent the goods but they still sent them. They when I opened them I took pics and requested a full refund. I was offered £30 pound "compensation" for the order being incorrect.

The order also came from China as apposed to the UK which is what i was expecting.
  • Anj_Page
    Options
    Please join us for advice ~ Look for a Facebook group called E-dresses / Dressesonlinesale VICTIMS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure