RyanAir BS: admin fee of £6/€6 per person/per sector

Options

Comments

• Jew
    Jew Posts: 276 Forumite
    edited 5 July 2012 at 5:42PM
    Options
    callum9999 wrote: »
    (You act like it's an arduous chore to fill out the booking form!).

The RyanAir booking form is terrible:

1. No I don't want your damn overpriced insurance — knowing how cheap they are, they'll fight with you about every penny.

2. Why do I have to go somewhere else to some obscure part of the site to know if I will be charged this fee or not? It isn't even linked to from where it says "Excluding admin fee of £6/€6 per person/per sector (if applicable)".

3. No, I don't want your crappy suitcases.

4. Yes, I'm sure I don't want your crappy insurance.

5. No, I don't want your terrible deal on car-rental.

___

In any case, it is undeniable that RyanAir is trying to scam people with the £6 fee. It is not mentioned in the final price, you only see if it's taken or not after you put in your credit-card details. FRAUD!

If you are arguing otherwise, you're likely on RyanAir's payroll, or just like paying more, or wasting your time getting a crappy credit card you can't use for anything else.

I've worked for companies that monitor and take part in forums, some openly as themselves, but most non-openly, pretending to be a regular customer.
  • Bob_the_Saver
    Bob_the_Saver Posts: 5,610 Forumite
    Options
    Jew wrote: »
    The RyanAir booking form is terrible:

1. No I don't want your damn overpriced insurance — knowing how cheap they are, they'll fight with you about every penny.

2. Why do I have to go somewhere else to some obscure part of the site to know if I will be charged this fee or not? It isn't even linked to from where it says "Excluding admin fee of £6/€6 per person/per sector (if applicable)".

3. No, I don't want your crappy suitcases.

4. Yes, I'm sure I don't want your crappy insurance.

5. No, I don't want your terrible deal on car-rental.

___

In any case, it is undeniable that RyanAir is trying to scam people with the £6 fee. It is not mentioned in the final price, you only see if it's taken or not after you put in your credit-card details. FRAUD!

If you are arguing otherwise, you're likely on RyanAir's payroll, or just like paying more, or wasting your time getting a crappy credit card you can't use for anything else.

I've worked for companies that monitor and take part in forums, some openly as themselves, but most non-openly, pretending to be a regular customer.

So you're not a fan then?
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,131 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

That's not strictly true. The fee is shown when you select your card type, before you've entered your details. The final price you pay is seen before you hit "purchase now"

Ryanair are many things but even MOL ain't stupid enough to run the airline fraudulently!
  • NFH
    NFH Posts: 4,373 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bagand96 wrote: »
    That's not strictly true. The fee is shown when you select your card type, before you've entered your details. The final price you pay is seen before you hit "purchase now"
    Unless you select the card type using the keyboard rather than using the mouse. Then it doesn't update the final price.
  • Bob_the_Saver
    edited 5 July 2012 at 8:57PM
    Options
    NFH wrote: »
    Unless you select the card type using the keyboard rather than using the mouse. Then it doesn't update the final price.

Does for me :think:
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In any case, it is undeniable that RyanAir is trying to scam people with the £6 fee.

Always love it when people think that adding words like undeniable to an opinion somehow makes the opinion fact :)
  • Jew
    Options
    NFH wrote: »

It didn't for me either. And I tried that a few days ago as well, in different browsers.

It works in Firefox today, but not Safari.

jpsartre wrote: »
    Always love it when people think that adding words like undeniable to an opinion somehow makes the opinion fact :)

I guess you can call everything opinion.

Not advertising your final price is fraudulent in my mind, you're right, well spotted (pat yourself on the back), but also the eyes of the EU, hence the EU directive.
  • Bob_the_Saver
    Options
    It didn't for me either. And I tried that a few days ago as well, in different browsers.

It works in Firefox today, but not Safari.

I guess you can call everything opinion.

Not advertising your final price is fraudulent in my mind, you're right, well spotted (pat yourself on the back), but also the eyes of the EU, hence the EU directive.

It is the final price with some cards.
  • Bob_the_Saver
    edited 5 July 2012 at 9:35PM
    Options
    What about this website

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_10012524

Does it make it clear upfront there is a £2.50 charge to tax your vehicle with a credit card online.

Is this a scam, are you going to write to David CamMoron about this.
  • Jew
    Options
    What about this website

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_10012524

Does it make it clear upfront there is a £2.50 charge to tax your vehicle with a credit card online.

Is this a scam, are you going to write to David CamMoron about this.

Sure, why not.

It doesn't cost them £2.50 to accept card. And it's the only way to pay often anyway! I'd pay RyanAir in cash gladly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure