RyanAir BS: admin fee of £6/€6 per person/per sector

Options

Comments

• mynameistallulah
    Options
    NFH wrote: »
    I never said they might be looking for flights at the last minute. However, they might reasonably wait until the last minute to decide which airline to fly with. They would not obtain a Ryanair Cash Passport until they have decided to fly with Ryanair rather than another airline. When they reach this point, they are confronted with either waiting days for the Ryanair Cash Passport to arrive in which time the fare will probably rise, or they pay the unreasonable card surcharge. This common scenario demonstrates that the card surcharge is unavoidable for many Ryanair customers.

So I go overseas and have to pay a higher rate of interest on cash withdrawals because I forgot/ chose not to apply for a card that would have given me free withdrawals. Does that make the former card unreasonable, or me stupid for leaving it to the last minute?
  • NFH
    NFH Posts: 4,373 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    callum9999 wrote: »
    A reasonable consumer wouldn't play out the scenario you described in the first place.
    Explain why.
  • callum9999
    callum9999 Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Explain why.

Because deciding on a trip and then waiting weeks/months until the last possible minute to decide which airline you use is ridiculous - who would possibly do that.

All I'm saying is that the upcoming regulation changes are detrimental to those who put the effort into making their flights cheaper (which it categorically is - I will accept no arguments against that) and Ryanair is a perfectly adequate service for most (presumably why they are the second biggest airline in Europe, and carried over 50% more people than the combined total of BA and Iberia).

The fact that you are able to afford inflated fares on full-service airlines, and that you think companies should pander to the idiot, is neither here nor there.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The minority who currently use the free methods of payment are being subsidised by the majority who do not. There is no good reason that this minority should continue to be subsidised by the majority, given that the ability of the minority to pay a lower price exists only to allow Ryanair to advertise a lower fare than the fare most passengers pay.

You hit the nail on the head. Always amazes me when people are unable to grasp this.
  • catokelly
    catokelly Posts: 354 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you hate Ryanair so much,please stop using them and stop whinging about them!

For the majority of people they provide low fares compared to competitors.

Yes, they charge that irritating £6 fee, but at least they make that transparent, the other airlines who do not charge it upfront have more expensive fares anyway, so you end up paying that amount and more within their over-inflated fares!
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not sure if you were talking to me but I don't hate Ryanair at all. Have used them regularly for a decade now and never had a problem.
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Options
    What next, some moron going to court, with legal aid of course, to fight against dynamic pricing or because they can't get a £9.99 flight from Newquay to Malaga, day time on a saturday, during the school holidays.

"its not fair, parents are discriminated against, all prices should be the same blah blah whinge whinge"
  • NFH
    Options
    catokelly wrote: »
    Yes, they charge that irritating £6 fee, but at least they make that transparent, the other airlines who do not charge it upfront have more expensive fares anyway, so you end up paying that amount and more within their over-inflated fares!
    As has been said many times before, it's not the final price that is relevant but the advertised price. Ryanair should increase its advertised price to reflect the typical final price that most passengers pay including all admin fees. The final price remains the same.
  • callum9999
    callum9999 Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    As has been said many times before, it's not the final price that is relevant but the advertised price. Ryanair should increase its advertised price to reflect the typical final price that most passengers pay including all admin fees. The final price remains the same.

Who said that? You've been demanding that they don't have the fee at all...

It takes 3 minutes to skim the Ryanair fees page and find out what their charges are. If you can't do that then quite frankly, I have no sympathy for your 10 minutes of wasted time filling out the form. (You act like it's an arduous chore to fill out the booking form!).
  • NFH
    Options
    callum9999 wrote: »
    Who said that? You've been demanding that they don't have the fee at all...
    Yes, there should not be a separate fee added at the end. If Ryanair wishes to charge this additional amount, they should include it in the advertised fare, as they do with the check-in fee.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure