Has anyone used 'we buy books.co.uk'?

Options
1235»

Comments

• ianh1956
    ianh1956 Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    I’ve recently used the 10% extra offer for newbies on We Buy Books, entered my email on their website and they instantly emailed me a code for 10% extra.
    worth checking out to get rid of any old books and dvds you have. Made over £40, every little helps!
  • maibe
    maibe Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Just tried WeBuyBooks for the first time -using a £5 referral code bonus. Easy to scan (hard to delete from your basket), and the best thing is free collection from home. im also using momox (Germany) which is free postage which seems to give better prices on certain items. so worth trying afew apps to see which is the best offer?
  • Bookstash
    Options
    Where is the best place (ie where will I get the most money) to sell Folio Society Books? Most are still wrapped. I was kindly given about 25 of them, most are classics/well-known books. Any leads would be appreciated.

Thank you.
  • kangoora
    kangoora Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Bookstash wrote: »
    Where is the best place (ie where will I get the most money) to sell Folio Society Books? Most are still wrapped. I was kindly given about 25 of them, most are classics/well-known books. Any leads would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Ebay looks good but do your research on what similar ones have sold for - prices seem to vary wildly depending on the edition and rarity. If they are all the same edition you may be best selling as a job lot BUT make sure you find out what postage charges will be and account for that in your auction or BIN price, I assume these will be very heavy.

Alternatively a decent auction house if you want to sell as a job lot but I doubt you'd achieve better prices than Ebay.
  • Bookstash
    Options
    Thank you, Kangoora, I shall do as you suggest. As I have some other bits and pieces I am thinking of getting a lightbox for decent product shots for posting on Ebay and Amazon. As you didn't mention them, I take it Ebay is better than Amazon, yes?
  • kangoora
    kangoora Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I would say Amazon would be better for books as that is what most people (well, me anyway) associate with them.

However, I understand registering for Amazon to be quite a bit more complex than for Ebay and fees are higher. I haven't bothered but typically only sell around 40-60 items a month on Ebay, not sure if registering for Amazon would be worthwhile for this volume.

Maybe some Amazon seller can comment on the above?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure