Forum Home» UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments

Any tips for getting National Trust membership discounted? - Page 18

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

UK Hols and Theatre

Please check the MSE coronavirus guides that contain all the confirmed info we have – these guides are being constantly updated:
Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights

For any specific Coronavirus related queries please post on the Coronavirus Boards on the forum:
Coronavirus Support & Help * Coronavirus Travel Help & Info

Any tips for getting National Trust membership discounted?

224 replies 244.6K views

Replies

• For what it is worth the cheapest of all options is to join the National Trust of Bermuda. Family membership (2 adults + 2 kids) £25 and full access to NT UK properties - can't do better than that!
  • Woodville wrote: »
    For what it is worth the cheapest of all options is to join the National Trust of Bermuda. Family membership (2 adults + 2 kids) £25 and full access to NT UK properties - can't do better than that!

Wow. You are really from Bermuda?
  • roddydogsroddydogs Forumite
    7.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here we go again, this old thread churned up again, you can get a years NT for England for £38 if your a "new" customer, using DD just cancel your DD at the end of the year & join again as a "New" customer.
    No one mentioned NZ NT yet? Im assuming you dont have to live in Bermuda to join thier NT, no more than you have to live in NZ to join theirs, if you that tight/hard up.
  • musemadmusemad Forumite
    177 posts
    The price for the car park in Avebury Wilts is now £7 up from £1 a day in 2004 (I have an old handbook for that year.
    Disgusting increase national trust should be ashamed of them selves
  • TJ421 wrote: »
    I bought my mum and dad a year's membership of the NT last year for about £60 (and got the 3 months' free membership offer when I paid by direct debit). I have the renewal letter now and the cost is lots more (~£90) once you include the 3 months we got free last time. Does anyone have any advice on how to get the 3 months free again? If one of my sisters bought it and set up the DD, would that work if the names on the membership cards are still the same?

Any help much appreciated, I am on maternity leave so won't be able to afford to renew if there isn't a way to register as if it were the first time again.

I saw the threads on the NZ and Scotland cards but would prefer to see if I can just do it with the English NT or my mum will be confused!

What is NZ card?
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • zagfleszagfles Forumite
    16.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Chutzpah Haggler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meftep wrote: »
    What is NZ card?
    New Zealand. See page 2 of this thread.
  • johnson293johnson293 Forumite
    492 posts
    Well, after reading this thread, I've just submitted my online application to join Heritage New Zealand.

Cost was $95 which translates to roughly £48, but the deciding factor was the fact that the Heritage NZ membership allows entry to English/Scottish NT site and properties, but also English Heritage.

Our NT membership ran out on 31st March, and with the renewal coming in at £104, it was just too much.

Hopefully we won't have any issues using the HNZ membership in this country... maybe I better brush up on my NZ accent, just incase! :p
  • qetu1357qetu1357 Forumite
    1K posts
    Welcome to the NZ clubbers, johnson. It's a great deal isn't it? Wouldn't be without ours. Such great value. Saved us a fortune.

I wonder how long it'll be before qetu pops up to berate you (and me again) and question your (our) morals? I'll give it a day at most:)

13 hours!

I obviously think what you are doing is wrong.

I wonder what they will think?

Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2015 07:31:42 +0100
    That UK citizens are taking out membership of heritage New Zealand to get free entry into UK sites?
  • roddydogsroddydogs Forumite
    7.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just point out that NZ/Scot/Bermuda NT does NOT include parking at NT places, weather anyone has ever been "Done" for it is a different matter.