Aqua Reward Credit Card - 3% cashback up to £100/year

Options

Comments

• welshmike_2
    Options
    I had a concern recently that I'd lose my cashback.
    A retailer Wiggle that I'd ordered a product from online using my Aqua card emailed me to state that it was out of stock and would cancel the order if the product was not in stock for 30 days.
    I forgot about this and had later run my card up close to the limit.
    Some 60 days after my order the product was back in stock and I received an email from Wiggle stating that my Aqua payment had been refused. This was because the cost of the product would have taken me above my limit.
    So I believe and hope that my Aqua card account did not go over the limit. I also see that my latest Aqua card statement dated 7th December showed an increase in my cashback.
  • Blue_Max
    Blue_Max Posts: 725 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    welshmike wrote: »
    So I believe and hope that my Aqua card account did not go over the limit. I also see that my latest Aqua card statement dated 7th December showed an increase in my cashback.
    As you did not actually go over ur credit limit, you are unlikely to be penalised.
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,617 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    However I am not sure that somewhere in Aqua's Ts&Cs states that paying early invalidates cashback.

Paying early is NOT a problem on it's own.
    However you MUST make at least the MIN payment after the statement has been generated.
    Some people miss this mandatory payment because they paid early and think that's ok when it's NOT sufficient.

So paying early is not a problem on it's own, but it is a problem to skip a payment after the statement is generated.
  • SewerSide
    Options
    Does anyone else think having an aqua card may lower a previously good credit rating? My noddle rating is now 3/5, I'm sure it used to be 5/5, everything is up to date.

It is my 3rd credit card (all paid in full each month), so maybe it's just that.
  • trikzor
    trikzor Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    SewerSide wrote: »
    Does anyone else think having an aqua card may lower a previously good credit rating? My noddle rating is now 3/5, I'm sure it used to be 5/5, everything is up to date.

It is my 3rd credit card (all paid in full each month), so maybe it's just that.

Yes, This happened to me also... To be honest I hate the 250 initial credit limit. I have an amex platinum cashback (the one before the annual rate fee was introduced) and they gave me an initial credit limit of 1500 and 6 months later increased to 5500. I went for the Aqua card as the 3% is astounding however, their website and services team are lackluster.
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,633 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    SewerSide wrote: »
    Does anyone else think having an aqua card may lower a previously good credit rating?

Its more likely to be the fact that you have more credit available.

Companies can't see the names of which other firms have given you credit/searched your record - even though you can.

Regards
    Sunil
  • patrickbateman
    Options
    I am concerned that I will lose my cashback.

I have only had this credit card for a few weeks and in the run up to xmas have now gone over my credit limit and incurred a penalty of £12.

Does this definitely mean that I have invalidated the cashback I had already earned and can not earn any further cashback for the remainder of the year... if so this is pretty rubbish and I will probaby just cancel the card as it wont be worth keeping.

I'm a bit annoyed since I haven't received a statement through the post yet despite now using the card since late October, and the online platform is prone to fail to log in. I went over my limit by approx £4.

That said, I should have planned better as I knew the rules...
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,617 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Does this definitely mean that I have invalidated the cashback I had already earned and can not earn any further cashback for the remainder of the year

No, Aqua can waive this if they chose to.
    I'd phone them up, grovel and see if you can get the fee waived.
    Many organistaions will do something for you for a first offence if you grovel.

Despite not having statements or even onine access, it should not be too difficult to keep track of a running total, but everyone makes mistakes, so give it a try. They might take pity on you as £12 does seem disproportionate for £4.
  • DK2010
    DK2010 Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    Currently I am an unemployed student and I have a poor credit rating/ history.

I want to rebuild my credit rating and this card seems to be recommended for this.

Do you think I would be accepted on this card? Is it a good idea? will it actually help me rebuild my credit score?
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It will help if the history is not far too poor.
    My son, third year student with lack of history (current account with overdraft, mobile contract, nothing bad) was rejected.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure