Starting again, 1% at a time. 100 ways to make £80!

Options

Comments

• Tiggy10
    Tiggy10 Posts: 443 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Number 118 here. Been awol for a while: but another 5% done! Total of 15% to date!
    Paying it all off in 2017:
    Finance 1- [STRIKE]115[/STRIKE] Paid Jan 2017
    Finance 2- 335
    CC - [STRIKE]2000[/STRIKE]1800
    OD 1 - [STRIKE]2200[/STRIKE] 1850
    OD 2 - 2500
  • liz-paul
    liz-paul Posts: 899 Forumite
    Options
    Well my ebay haul was rubbish - made about £12 after fees, P+P etc. Still on track to hit 14% by xmas though :D
    1% at a time no. 40. £8000 (For dream family holiday) 94/100
    MFW 2013 no. 62 £10,000/£10,000
    MFW 2014 no 62 £8000/£7000
  • FallenArcher
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Whoop whoop! Just paid off another per cent - taking me to 15% :D

Am getting fed up with ebay though - got loads of items listed at the moment and no bidders, hardly any watchers either. Seems it's gone a bit quiet!
    Total money owed: [STRIKE]31/07/11- £17,877[/STRIKE], LBM - 14/10/12 :j, 01/06/13 - £0 DEBT FREE!!!! :beer:
    New challenge- save an extra £5000 from non-salary -£1600 (32%)
  • unoriginal_uk
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Whoop whoop! Just paid off another per cent - taking me to 15% :D

Am getting fed up with ebay though - got loads of items listed at the moment and no bidders, hardly any watchers either. Seems it's gone a bit quiet!

Think I must have gotten in there at just the right time, I sold most of mine that finished yesterday and the day before and so far have made £100 with a few items still to go!

I've listed my old phone on there so really hoping that sells - if so that should be another £200 ish on top.

Fingers crossed!
    Official DFW Nerd 1390 MFW 0/1800

Competitions won so far: A years free pizza/Eden project trip & hotel stay/Baby gift set/Baby voucher/Baby bottle/Books/Pedometer/Soup and Mug/Dotcom gift bundle
  • unoriginal_uk
    Options
    nicci985 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm a secret lurker on the thread, I'm all prepared to start in January so maybe I could have a number now! lol ;)

I use http://www.seajays.org.uk/postage/ to work out postage costs. Never under or over charged excessively using this! Also I weigh my parcels on some £3.99 Argos value kitchen scales.

HTH

Thanks for that - I might see whether my kitchen scales are up to the job :)

Competitions won so far: A years free pizza/Eden project trip & hotel stay/Baby gift set/Baby voucher/Baby bottle/Books/Pedometer/Soup and Mug/Dotcom gift bundle
  • unoriginal_uk
    Options
    Just looking back over the last few pages and Little Miss Uni-Debt hasn't been on here in a while...wondering whether she will come back on so I can get a number :)

Her first post says she is uptodate as far as page 83 so we are a few pages behind now I think :)

• Elmly
    Elmly Posts: 103 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing unoriginal_uk! I need a number too
  • troglodyte
    Options
    Just de-lurking to say:

Ebay postage and packing - I made a couple of mistakes at first too and ended up paying people to take stuff! Luckily only small amounts but still :eek: I would rather have given it to a charity than given it to Ebay!

I'm not a major seller, just odds and ends, but I have found it's hardly worth selling stuff for 99p by the time you have taken off fees for Ebay and PayPal as well, you only make a few pence, if you have to pay for packaging it definitely isn't worth it!

I never buy any packaging , I always use previously used stuff. I never throw any padded envelopes/ jiffy bags away, or any boxes or postage tubes that look as if they could come in handy, or brown paper or tissue paper or bubble wrap. I collect it up from deliveries at home and work, and if I'm running short I accept stuff offered on Freecycle/ Freegle. To protect delicate items you can always pack them in scrumpled newspaper or shredded paper. Parcel tape I get from somewhere like 'The Works'. Then I put each item, together with a suitable amount of packaging, on kitchen scales (a second cheap set that I keep by the computer specially) and look up prices online. If its borderline always quote the more expensive price, then if you can away with spending less when you get to the post office, so much the better!
  • Natterjack88
    Options
    Hey all another de lurker here :p Im going to do the challenge slightly differently to how I have been as we need a new car now Im expecting another baby! We ideally want to save up £3000 and have a had a good month so far. So far we have 18.72% :)
    £20 a day April 2014 £834.87/£600 :j
    £20 a day May 2014 £108.45/£600
  • specialkaye
    Options
    Natterjack88 -congratulations on the pregnancy. How long do you have to save your 100%?

Just been asked to babysit next door so hopefully that will be another 1%. Only another 2% to find by the 20th.

Hope everyone's journeys are going well - any one else hoping to get to 100% by 2013?
    1% at a time challenge member #127

MWF: as@ Oct13 £45,917, now £43,024.56
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family