Vauxhall Emissions Warning Light

Options
DaveW007
DaveW007 Posts: 382 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Do you own a Vauxhall vehicle?

There appears to be a known problem with the "Emissions Warning Light" to come on and permanently stay on.

Vauxhall will not acknowledge that there is a problem.

On researching this it seems to affect Agila's, Corsa's and Vectra's. Not sure yet if other models are known to have this problem.

If you have this problem or have had this problem with your Vauxhall, please post details on this group http://www.facebook.com/groups/147791282022166/

I'm hoping that with people power we might be able to get Vauxhall to sit up and take notice.

Thanks.

Comments

• s_b
    s_b Posts: 4,463 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    the warm orange light of gloom you mean?
    its the law on vauxhalls
    surely you knew this before you purchased?
    i warn all vauxhall potential customers they will see this lovely colour sometime in their ownership
    thankfully its just usually an egr issue:D
  • DaveW007
    Options
    s_b wrote: »
    the warm orange light of gloom you mean?
    its the law on vauxhalls
    surely you knew this before you purchased?
    i warn all vauxhall potential customers they will see this lovely colour sometime in their ownership
    thankfully its just usually an egr issue:D

It only came on about 3 weeks or so after I had the vehicle. The dealer doesn't want to know as it is not a "fault".

Vauxhall do not want to know either.

If I had known before buying the car I wouldn't have bought it.

I'm hoping that if I get enough people to join my group Vauxhall may do something.
  • mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    Options
    Not had the problem. What does the light look like? Which engines?
  • DaveW007
    Options
    mikey72 wrote: »
    Not had the problem. What does the light look like? Which engines?

It's an orange light in the shape of an engine.

I have a 1.2 Agila but looking on the Internet it appears common on Corsa's and Vectra's too. :-(
  • DaveW007
    Options
    Here is the warning light.

emissions_image.png
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    edited 8 June 2012 at 9:24PM
    Options
    You'll find it's "common" on all cars if you look hard enough.....

You've got a fault, the dealer has plugged it in and found no error code. This is ALL they do, they employ kids with laptops and if "computer says no", then they claim there's no fault.

Alternatively there is a fault and they're trying to squirm their way out of a warranty repair. Was it an EH dealership?

Oh yeah, I own a Vectra...... The only lights i've seen in the last 4 years are the "brake pads low" (needed new brake pads), the "bulb out warning" (the car eats brake light bulbs) and the "service due" light (serviced and reset this myself)..
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • colino
    colino Posts: 5,059 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Vauxhalls are very sensitive, some say too sensitive, to throwing on the eml. If it is on though, your dealer should have been able to tell you what fault the car thought it was suffering from. Take it to your local, friendly independent to have a look at. Their not exotica and they will be familiar with their little foibles.
    Generally with an older Vauxhall, if you don't at some point see the eml, the bulb has blown.
  • DaveW007
    Options
    Strider590 wrote: »
    You'll find it's "common" on all cars if you look hard enough.....

You've got a fault, the dealer has plugged it in and found no error code. This is ALL they do, they employ kids with laptops and if "computer says no", then they claim there's no fault.

Alternatively there is a fault and they're trying to squirm their way out of a warranty repair. Was it an EH dealership?

Oh yeah, I own a Vectra...... The only lights i've seen in the last 4 years are the "brake pads low" (needed new brake pads), the "bulb out warning" (the car eats brake light bulbs) and the "service due" light (serviced and reset this myself)..

Don't want to sound thick but what is an EH dealership?

I purchased my car from a Vauxhall Main Dealer who is no longer there.

The "fault" occurred about 3 weeks after taking delivery. I took my car back along with a letter informing them I want it put right or the car replaced. The salesman was adamant it wasn't a fault as "all Agila's get this". I did explain that if I had been told of that I wouldn't have bought the car.

What does concern me is the amount of posts over the Internet about the same thing and Vauxhall Motors do not want to know.
  • Rolandtheroadie
    Rolandtheroadie Posts: 5,102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Has anyone had it linked to diagnostics yet to see what's wrong?

Dont know if it'll work on your car, but try what it says on post 4 here

http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/index.php?threads/vauxhall-fault-codes-pedal-trick-test.202018/

Get any codes stored and look at the list in post 1 to see whats wrong.
  • staffie1
    staffie1 Posts: 1,965 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't know if this will help, but on my Astra this light has come on twice since I've owned the car (7 yrs). Once when the ignition unit (rectangular shaped component that fits on top of the spark plugs) needed replacing, and again after I had a new exhaust and the clowns at the garage forgot to screw the emissions sensor back in on the new exhaust.
    If you will the end, you must will the means.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure