We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Something broken? Let us know on the new Report a Technical Issue board. Please use Site Feedback and Forum Help for other feedback.

keep getting links to gambling sites??

13»

Comments

  • j.e.j.
    j.e.j. Posts: 9,672 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Thanks Ian. There is a good local company I could contact if I can't get rid of the problem.
  • nilrem_2
    nilrem_2 Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    A proxy server is set in your browser, normally you would enter the details yourself but I imagine it would be possible for malware or a virus to set one up.

    Not sure if you use CCcleaner or not, if not you really should! :)

    If you run CCcleaner it will clear everything out of your browser cache inc cookies. http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

    Make sure you download the free version. I use this programme once a week it is first class. :)
  • nilrem_2
    nilrem_2 Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    j.e.j. wrote: »
    Thanks Ian. There is a good local company I could contact if I can't get rid of the problem.

    Rather than do that why not just save all your files and reinstall windows.

    Your PC will run better for it anyway!
  • j.e.j.
    j.e.j. Posts: 9,672 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Just wanted to say thankyou for all your help. The problem seems to have gone now, - think it was uninstalling the google toolbar/searchbar that solved it.

    I have no idea what it was but I am extra careful what I click on now! Doesn't help that I'm using a laptop without a mouse and the text sometimes 'jumps around'. You go to click on something and it moves and you end up clicking on something else!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.