Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

July 2012 Grocery Challenge - Page 79

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

July 2012 Grocery Challenge

edited 4 June 2012 at 12:30PM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.4K replies 126.7K views

Replies

• Welsh_PoppyWelsh_Poppy Forumite
    979 posts
    Evening
    I spent £6.85 in Lidls and £19.00 in morrisons Got some reduced Doughnuts for OS which I will freeze and have one day got 12 for 10p each half price.
    We had lunch out but DH paid as my birthday so a lovely treat.Just a sandwich for dinner but we had a lovley walk to walk off brunch:-)
    Weight loss challenge 66lb to go /59lb's lost

Grocery Budget January £150/£175
    Feb £150/
  • Save_DoshSave_Dosh Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    meg72 wrote: »
    I really like rivita too, the mayo and italian dressing sound good, but how do they come out costwise? I find that sometimes these things are quite expensive and really want to keep my costs down.

Good luck to you too.

The Kraft one is in Asda at moment and is 50p, its 25cals per 100g or 4cal per tablespoon, but you could prob make better yourself, i just bought them as they were 99p case at AF. The mayo i have been stocking up on, its 92p in Tesco per 495ml and i add to other things to make dressing or add to the italian one which is vinegary.
    August GC - Food £55.56/£80 Alcohol £17.24/£20
    Bulk Funds - Food £19.73 -
    Save 12k in 2019 £1,300/£5,000 - #155
  • kezakeza Forumite
    1.3K posts
    need to come on here and share that i feel :j tonight! used up left over pork from yesterdays roast with a sweet n sour sauce from the £ shop and some express rice £1 (ok would have been cheaper with normal cook your own rice but i had the express rice in the cupboard) and used up the cherries that were on the turn in the fridge :) good work!
    Current Mortgage balance - £372006.55/£395,999.
    MBNA - £4,760.45
    Barclaycard - £2,932
  • kezakeza Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Afternoon, everyone. I can feel the pounds slipping away from me this month :( Just done my main shop for the week at Mr T and Mr M and have spent £40.13, taking my total so far this month to £102.19. I'm not sure I can manage another couple of weeks at this rate. :(

I'm off to update my sig. Tea tonight is a small rack of pork ribs with a bourbon Chinese BBQ marinade, and some sauteed potatoes. Last night we had a total change to the mealplan and had a v small chicken breast each, wrapped in bacon with a nugget of cheese tucked in. It was very good - both of us ate very quickly as it was so tasty! Chips 2 days in a row but I'm past caring today :(

K xx

aww chin up. u can do it! im quite near my total for the month but find comfort in knowing i have enough bits in the house to keep us going and im going to make sure we use everything fresh up so we keep our waste down. :) xx
    Current Mortgage balance - £372006.55/£395,999.
    MBNA - £4,760.45
    Barclaycard - £2,932
  • FlorenceemFlorenceem Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I made two quiches - one bacon - the other ham. We had some of the bacon one for dinner - I think we will have some of the ham one tomorrow - got a lot to do before I go away on Thursday. I used up some celery/garlic and onions - no waste in this house.
    We had HM bacon quiche, roast potatoes, cabbage, mange tout & baby sweetcorn.

7537648414_24a6082913.jpg

7537646172_6b38d76b93.jpg

7537647288_3c46bfe7cc.jpg
    15 in 2015 1/15
  • MrsCDMrsCD Forumite
    950 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭
    Flo the quiches look lovely. What sort of pastry do you use? Is it shortcrust or puff pastry?
    #8 Saving for Christmas 2021
    5.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used 2 portions of HM rough puff pastry out of the freezer.
    15 in 2015 1/15
  • SoworriedSoworried Forumite
    2.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Florenceem wrote: »
    I used 2 portions of HM rough puff pastry out of the freezer.
    Hi Flo,
    Can I ask how you make it?

I make my own short but always buy puff :o
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
    5.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use this recipe - minus the salt - never add salt in my cooking.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2403/roughpuff-pastry-
    15 in 2015 1/15
    5.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr F bought a tub of cream for my quiches,and some Branston baked beans - 4 for £1 in Mr A. Total spent - £1.65.
    I have updated my sig.
    Then he went out again - bought more baked beans as they were such a good price plus dog meal/ice creams and cheap veggies. I don't have this weeks shopping money yet so will pay him and update my sig when I draw out the cash.
    15 in 2015 1/15