Who has a stock pile

Options
linseyg
linseyg Posts: 65 Forumite
I regular try and stock pile items when on offer to save money. Can't do it with nice things like chocolate and crisps as we just eat them twice as fast. I'm on maternity leave at the moment and our food bills are way to high (about £120 pw 2 adults and baby still on milk). In the past I have stockpiled deodorant,shampoo and other toilettes.

My current stockpile is

-10 packs of chicken fillets (half price £3 each)- freezer
-3 tins on baby milk and 20 jars of baby food (reduced price with boots money off voucher).
-8 , 6 packs of diet coke (£1.50 per pack iceland)
-20 packs of wet wipes (deal on amazon and deals at supermarket and boots)
-250 nappies (deal on amazon and deals at supermarket and boots)
- 6 bags of pasta brought BOGOF
Getting low on perfume used to buy several at a time when on offer in avon.

Comments

• Rosielady
    Rosielady Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    linseyg wrote: »
    I regular try and stock pile items when on offer to save money. Can't do it with nice things like chocolate and crisps as we just eat them twice as fast. I'm on maternity leave at the moment and our food bills are way to high (about £120 pw 2 adults and baby still on milk). In the past I have stockpiled deodorant,shampoo and other toilettes.

My current stockpile is

-10 packs of chicken fillets (half price £3 each)- freezer
    -3 tins on baby milk and 20 jars of baby food (reduced price with boots money off voucher).
    -8 , 6 packs of diet coke (£1.50 per pack iceland)
    -20 packs of wet wipes (deal on amazon and deals at supermarket and boots)
    -250 nappies (deal on amazon and deals at supermarket and boots)
    - 6 bags of pasta brought BOGOF
    Getting low on perfume used to buy several at a time when on offer in avon.

Just some of the things in my stock pile which stands just over £500.00 worth includes, Loo Roll washing powder fabric softner conditoner shampoo toothpaste and enough dishwasher tablets til end of next April.:)
    2nd purse £50.00
    3rd purse £100.00
    SPC 2013 1905
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There's so much stuff in my freezer and cupboards i probably don't need to shop for weeks, months for some things except for milk and fresh fruit. And as more starts to grow in the garden it will only be milk i really need to go out for.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 6,677 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The two items that have recently joined my huge stockpile - Sainsbury's mushy peas @ 8p a tin and Sainsbury's olives when selling @ 75% off. I can't resist stocking up when I see a bargain! I am now almost at the end of the M & S Terribly Clever range of cooking pastes/marinades they were selling off at 50p a jar last year - and wishing I had bought even more!
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • linseyg
    Options
    I always try and stockpile when things are on offer got a load of beans from tesco once buy 1 can get 2 free.think you were limited to 9 cans per customer but oh wouldn't let me go back
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Rosielady wrote: »
    enough dishwasher tablets til end of next April.:)

Stocks are getting a bit low then :p

I bought lots of Persil tablets when they were on a clearance offer a few years ago. I think I've still got about 10 years supply left :D

I'm sure many on here stockpile what they can. It is MSE after all.

I've still got lots of other cleaning stuff stockpiled from previous offers. Floor cleaner, washing up liquid, loo rolls to name a few.

The way prices have gone up the past few years it's a better investment than a savings account.

I try and fill the freezer with meat at Christmas & Easter when it's on offer and with luck I'll have enough to last me until the next offer.

Sainsbury's are good for till spits. Most recently I got £4.50 off a £30 spend so I stocked up on various items that never seem to be on offer. In return all I got was 150 bonus points when I spend £10 on pet products. But then every little helps (sorry Tesco but it's your fault for being so expensive) so a few bags of cat litter & half a dozen tins of cat food might get me a better voucher. :cool:

Tesco shouldn't be forgotten though. they've been quite generous recently with the coupons they've posted me. Obviously I'm not shopping there enough. Various 25 extra points when I spend £1 or more coupons. Just about makes it worth my while to pop in.

Still hoping that Tesco will bring back the 3 for 2 offers they had until last year. I've still got stockpiles from some of those. Home baking, jams & spreads, pet food were the best ones for me. Often when I went in the shelves were empty so I went to Asda, bought the stuff there and took advantage of their 10% cheaper guarantee so saved even more money.
  • linseyg
    Options
    Has anyone seen extreme couponing they have massive stockpiles not sure I would want to go to that extreme and have all that extra stuff I wasn't going to use. but would like to get some of the coupons they get in america
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    SailorSam wrote: »
    There's so much stuff in my freezer and cupboards i probably don't need to shop for weeks, months for some things except for milk and fresh fruit. And as more starts to grow in the garden it will only be milk i really need to go out for.
    You should join the eating out of the cupboards and freezer challenge on the food, shopping and griceries board. I amazed myself by not shopping at a supermarket (just fruit and veg from my local stall) for 6 weeks and running down supplies. Since then, I've re-stocked with ingredients so have a full cupboard of supplies that will last me for years (cost about £60), and everything is made from scratch. I cannot believe how much less I spend on food these days - less than £10/wk!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    linseyg wrote: »
    Has anyone seen extreme couponing they have massive stockpiles not sure I would want to go to that extreme and have all that extra stuff I wasn't going to use. but would like to get some of the coupons they get in america

I was going to ask, "Do you use coupons??"
    I call my stockpile/stash "My Corner Shop" and quite a bit of it has either been free/nearly free or even paid to take the stuff away!! That's what couponing can do.
    I've got way too much at the moment and still coupon, it's addictive, though only really select the major offers now. The more I stash, the more I give away also - I like to share. lol
    Saves Son and girlfriend pennies also.

Agree fully with VfM4meplse - once you have your own "Corner Shop", weekly shopping becomes much, much cheaper - just keep topping up with those bargains/whoopsies.

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Lynsey wrote: »
    The more I stash, the more I give away also - I like to share.
    That is definitely poart of the pleasure. I'm amazed how much more food I can get through (mainly for sharing) and pay less for now! I'm not a couponer, but I occasionally watch Extreme Couponing with fascination. Many are very generous with their supplies, feeding communities and neighbourhoods.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • linseyg
    Options
    Hi Lynsey where do you get all your coupons since I had mybaby I get some good ones from boots and occasional small money off coupons from manufacters. We shop at the small tesco in our town as the big supermarkets are about a 40 minute drive. I do look on tesco online for bogof and half price on things I regular buy. We get the regular at till coupons for tesco which are quite good. I have tried looking online for vouchers but i can't seem to find many. We are trying to do a low carbs diet at the moment so main buys meat ,veg and fruit never seem to find coupons for these
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure