We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Debate House Prices


In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Nice people thread part 6 - thrice by twice as nice :)

1…113114116118119…1000

Comments

  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    What are your criteria for choosing an area? The great thing is you are your own boss and can be wherever your quality of life is best...right?
    Criteria has changed, my income's trashed - and it's always been on the agenda to be somewhere that potentially has jobs to at least apply for, with quite a few IT companies in the rough vicinity. Along with good transport links .... and it needs to be where another NP's daughter goes to Uni as that seems to fit all the criteria I have. Keeping it cryptic here as I don't want the world and his dog knowing I am heading their way :)

    I want to be able to: [1] at least access jobs in my previous specialism [2] access to fun/serious training courses potentially [3] good transport, including for getting to visit the old by road/rail [4] open-water watersports access [5] actual proper shops where you can get stuff and 24 hour food shopping.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Criteria has changed, my income's trashed - and it's always been on the agenda to be somewhere that potentially has jobs to at least apply for, with quite a few IT companies in the rough vicinity. Along with good transport links .... and it needs to be where another NP's daughter goes to Uni as that seems to fit all the criteria I have. Keeping it cryptic here as I don't want the world and his dog knowing I am heading their way :)

    I want to be able to: [1] at least access jobs in my previous specialism [2] access to fun/serious training courses potentially [3] good transport, including for getting to visit the old by road/rail [4] open-water watersports access [5] actual proper shops where you can get stuff and 24 hour food shopping.


    Ah well, rail is good from there. Roads i find less good....its not fa a the crow flies from here, but takes an age, even though one road all the way. I had know idea it wa a centre for what you do to make money though! Thats a good reason. :)
  • Wheezy_2
    Wheezy_2 Posts: 1,879 Forumite
    Enge-land! Enge-land!

    My prediction...
    England - France : 1-2

    (sorry)
    :)
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 29,753
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I agree - England are pretty poor - I beleive in their last friendly match they only recorded a win as the result of the woeful level of the opposition.
    Wheezy wrote: »
    Enge-land! Enge-land!

    My prediction...
    England - France : 1-2

    (sorry)
    :)
    I think....
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Still scorchio here... bluuuueeeee skies. Done !!!! all all day really ..... feeeeck aaallllll. Marvellous.

    It's just like being on the dole. Love it!
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Still scorchio here... bluuuueeeee skies. Done !!!! all all day really ..... feeeeck aaallllll. Marvellous.

    It's just like being on the dole. Love it!

    Goodness, its really cold here. Just like last summer. Bet when i have heating summers get hot again:D

    Not in pjs and ski socks any more, but wearing two cats and a blanket while seated to keep warm. :o

    Still messing around with furniture layouts, cannot make it work. :mad:
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 27,297
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Still messing around with furniture layouts, cannot make it work. :mad:

    I usually use graph paper and little paper cut-outs. It usually works okay.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I had know idea it wa a centre for what you do to make money though!
    It's a centre for what I did for a job from about 1986 to 2001/2006 (all a bit flakey getting that sort of work down here) .... but that would make me a darned good bet for getting agency jobs in those places typing maybe... perchance to actually pick up a job like one of those I used to do. Or even something along the lines of what I've done 2006-2012.

    So there's hope, as opposed to here where it's just hopeless.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    GDB2222 wrote: »
    I usually use graph paper and little paper cut-outs. It usually works okay.

    That would mean measuring the furniture:eek:



    I just need to see it in place really. :o

    I might end up with it back where it started:rotfl:
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    It's a centre for what I did for a job from about 1986 to 2001/2006 (all a bit flakey getting that sort of work down here) .... but that would make me a darned good bet for getting agency jobs in those places typing maybe... perchance to actually pick up a job like one of those I used to do. Or even something along the lines of what I've done 2006-2012.

    So there's hope, as opposed to here where it's just hopeless.

    And you will be nearer stuff generally.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.