Garden Bargains - Beware of overcharge from sale!

Options

Comments

• downnotout
    downnotout Posts: 606 Forumite
    Options
    That is Ideal World full stop. How they manage to survive is anyones guess. I have had both personal and B2B dealings with them in the past (via create and craft) totally amature and disorganised from top to bottom.
    TOTAL AT START £13606.90 27/03/2018
    TOTAL CURRENT £13445.90 29/03/2018
  • TallGirl
    TallGirl Posts: 5,584 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Got my jasmine today ordered early April only charged sale price of £4.99 but ave spent money on phone calls. Won't use Garden Bargains again too much hassle gone downhill too much.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50
    PB Win 21 £225, 22 £275, 23 £900, Balance Mar  £30,850 + £12K added to pension) (Wins 24 Jan £200 Feb £150 Mar £75 Apr £125) 
    Plan to move to Denmark for FIRE by 2028 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
    New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest

• pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What's the best course of action to take with Garden Bargains? Credit Card company for a section 75 refund, or Trading Standards or both?

I reckon a section 75 refund.In my experience trading standards are usually slow and cumbersome. Of course there's no reason to not do both. I suspect Trading Standards will be well aware of this bunch by now.
  • Thomas_the_tank_engine
    Options
    Exactly my experience. Been waiting over 3 weeks for a promised refund. Rang Garden Bargains again this morning (I dread to think how much this has cost me on phone calls). Was told that Head Office have a large backlog of refunds to deal with but that a refund cheque was processed last week (yeah right). She even quoted the cheque number (probably made it up). Was told to allow another week for the cheque to arrive and call back if not.

What's the best course of action to take with Garden Bargains? Credit Card company for a section 75 refund, or Trading Standards or both?

Surprise, surprise! 10 days after my last call to Garden Bargains when I was assured that my refund cheque had been processed it still hasn't arrived. Enough is enough. :mad: I will be contacting trading standards and my credit card company on Monday.
  • rustyboy21
    rustyboy21 Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Options
    I bought Roses off them 2 years ago and had no problem whatsoever,in fact they are blooming away great at the moment.

My OH is always ordering stock, almost on a daily basis from create and craft and has never had an issue with them.

Granted that they are a nightmare to telephone, but any emails we have sent, re returning stock , or sending stock back have been answered within 24 hours and that is on the generic customer services address.

Are you all sure that email responses have not been directed to your junk email/quaranitine sections in your inbox? I have found a few in there in the past.
  • Thomas_the_tank_engine
    Options
    For those that are interested in my long running refund battle with Garden Bargains, I decided to give them one last chance and rang them again last week. I was told that the refund cheque must have been lost in the post (yeah right) and that another cheque would be sent. Guess what? A week later the replacement cheque still hasn't arrived. They've got until Friday otherwise I'm reporting Garden bargains to Trading Standards and pursuing my credit card company for the money, which will hopefully mess up their credit rating.
  • Thomas_the_tank_engine
    Options
    Rang Garden Bargains again today (I know, I know). Got the usual fob off from the call centre person. Asked to speak to a manager but was told one wasn't available so I let rip.:mad: Straight on the phone to Trading Standards and then to my credit card company to launch the dispute process.

I've been ordering stuff off the internet for years but Garden Bargains, aka Lead the Good Life Ltd are by far and the way the worst company I have ever dealt with.
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    When I first posted this thread, I had thought that they had just charged me the full price on sale items. Once I started digging it turns out that they had actually charged me the correct amount via Garden Bargains one month, then the next month charged me the none sale price through Lead the Good Life.
    I have submitted a charge back through my bank, as they got one chance to refund, did not, so I am not mucking about backwards and forwards, I pay my bank enough money, let them sort it out.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Thomas_the_tank_engine
    Options
    Sent dispute form back to credit card company. Go get 'em Capital One :D
  • Thomas_the_tank_engine
    Options
    It's over 2 weeks since Garden Bargains promised to send me a replacement refund cheque for the original one which got "lost in the post" and it still hasn't arrived. Either Garden Bargains are liars or they are very unlucky in that everything they send me gets lost in a black hole. I know which one I'd choose :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure