Avios account and British airways executive club

Right I'm confused.....

Both of the above sites give you the option to claim for a missing flight. The flight had been booked by my office, so i filed in the e-ticket number and my last name. Both sites then credited me Avios points. BA exec gave me 500, while Avios gave 750. I then put the avios from my British exec club into my Avios club account therefore giving my 1250 points for a shortfall flight (lon-Edin). The questions is why was I able to claim twice for the same flight?

Also, I flew to Berlin on avios points. This rightly didn't appear on my avios account as it was a reward flight. I then registered this as a missing flight on BA. The 1000 avios points for the Berlin flight were registered after a few days. I then just transferred these points back into my avios account.

By the above logic, it works out as a better deal having both a free BA and Avios account as it gives you the opportunity to more than double your miles. Have i just discovered the wheeze of the century or am I just a bit behind the times? :cool:

Comments

• mynameistallulah
    mynameistallulah Posts: 2,238 Forumite
    You do realise BAEC have a very hot audit team? If they pick up on this your accounts will be closed down, and you will lose all accrued miles. You should also be aware that what you are doing is fraudulent - obtaining a pecuniary disadvantage by deception.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 May 2012 at 3:25PM
    They'll pick up on this and make the necessary adjustments from the respective accounts.

They may also close both accounts if they believe you have acted fraudulently.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Dudlg0
    Dudlg0 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Jeez people turn it down a notch. It comes from not understanding the system, not a deliberate act of forgery
  • mynameistallulah
    Dudlg0 wrote: »
    Jeez people turn it down a notch. It comes from not understanding the system, not a deliberate act of forgery

You are looking at fraud, not forgery, and from what you have said it is quite clear that your acts are intentional.

If you contact the BA Representative on the Flyertalk forum she can pass on this "glitch" and make sure it is sorted.
  • mynameistallulah
    Right I'm confused.....

Both of the above sites give you the option to claim for a missing flight. The flight had been booked by my office, so i filed in the e-ticket number and my last name. Both sites then credited me Avios points. BA exec gave me 500, while Avios gave 750. I then put the avios from my British exec club into my Avios club account therefore giving my 1250 points for a shortfall flight (lon-Edin). The questions is why was I able to claim twice for the same flight?

Also, I flew to Berlin on avios points. This rightly didn't appear on my avios account as it was a reward flight. I then registered this as a missing flight on BA. The 1000 avios points for the Berlin flight were registered after a few days. I then just transferred these points back into my avios account.

By the above logic, it works out as a better deal having both a free BA and Avios account as it gives you the opportunity to more than double your miles. Have i just discovered the wheeze of the century or am I just a bit behind the times? :cool:

Quoting in case it disappears ...
  • Dudlg0
    There was nothing intentional. I actually posted on this site to ask a question. hence the start of the post saying I'm confused...

mynameistallulah how about offering some friendly advice to people? The polite answer would have been you can only claim on one scheme. It best you speak to them to get it resolved.

Thank you for absolutely nothing. I would make sure you quoted my original message a few more times just to make sure there is plenty of evidence.

• mynameistallulah
    There was nothing intentional. I actually posted on this site to ask a question. hence the start of the post saying I'm confused...

mynameistallulah how about offering some friendly advice to people? The polite answer would have been you can only claim on one scheme. It best you speak to them to get it resolved.

Thank you for absolutely nothing. I would make sure you quoted my original message a few more times just to make sure there is plenty of evidence.

Your reference to "the wheeze of the century" made your intentions quite clear.

Let us know how you get on when you speak to the BAEC Team - I'm sure they'll amend your account accordingly with little fuss! :p
  • Dudlg0
    If I had fraudulent intentions why post online? Read the latter half of the sentence
    "or am I just a bit behind the times?"
    the answer should have been, you are and you can't do this.
    It was a post looking for guidance. Funnily enough I assumed the BA exec and avios sites talked to each other? Hence thinking its too good to be true.
  • mynameistallulah
    If I had fraudulent intentions why post online? Read the latter half of the sentence
    "or am I just a bit behind the times?"
    the answer should have been, you are and you can't do this.
    It was a post looking for guidance. Funnily enough I assumed the BA exec and avios sites talked to each other? Hence thinking its too good to be true.

So you have now called them up, yes?
  • Dudlg0
    Yes, no problem. They politely explained that the computer shouldn't have let me do this and please just use my avios number in the future.
    By the way this problem occurs quite a lot with members that have both accounts.

They never once accused me of fraud and also........
    THEY LET ME KEEP THE MILES!!! _party_
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport