BT Vision Downgrade Warning

Options
Hello ,

Just a cautionary story for any BT Vision Customers out there thinking of changing their package.

I have the BT Vision Unlimited which quite frankly is a complete waste of money. I phoned to cancel the Sky Sports package, which was admittedly actioned immediately but I also wanted to downgrade to the basic package rather than the unlimited.

I was told I could only cancel within 3 months of the end of the contract and would have to pay a cancellation fee of about £6 which I was happy to do.

However, I checked if the change would have any effect on the contract and was told the change would tie me in to another year!

I am now going to wait to next month and cancel the entire thing - very disappointed with BT as the Vision is certainly not at all what was sold to me by the sales team and I was told that changes to the package could be doen immediately without the same issues there are with Sky.

Sometimes its better the devil you know! :eek:

Comments

• Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    To be fair, BT Vision ranks as an application in search of reason to exist. The only way they could make it work as an addition to BB provision, not, as they attempt to sell it, as a stand alone service.

I agree, their handling of this is nonsensical, but the sooner people realise how bad this offering is an abandon it, the quicker BT will be able to put it to sleep.
  • federer
    federer Posts: 192 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    why s BT Vision so bad
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Its bad because they are making you pay for Freeview.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 July 2012 at 10:22PM
    Options
    And because it ties you into BT's overpriced broadband service for anything up to 18m.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    BT Vision cannot exist in the real world without the crutches of a BT BB connection on one hand, and Freeview on the other. You are made to pay dearly for Freeview yet it has nothing to do with their offering (they can only provide programming over the BB connection.

There are better services out there that are cheaper and more comprehensive, and when it finally is put out of its misery, it won't be missed.
  • Johnny_Barnes10
    Options
    Stuck with these also (I needed Sky Sports and no Virgin/Sky was available at the time). Glad I read this as I was going to downgrade till I can get Sky next month. Robbers!
  • VisionMan
    VisionMan Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    penrhyn wrote: »
    Its bad because they are making you pay for Freeview.

No they don't. That is completely untrue.
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In what way?
    YouView will replace it shortly, and that is subscription free.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • Fifer
    Fifer Posts: 59,413 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Until YouView (and recent smart TV developments), BT Vision was the only easy STB option for anyone in non-cabled areas who wanted catch-up TV for the five main channels. That however, is no longer the case.
    There's love in this world for everyone. Every rascal and son of a gun.
    It's for the many and not the few. Be sure it's out there looking for you.
    In every town, in every state. In every house and every gate.
    Wth every precious smile you make. And every act of kindness.
    Micheal Marra, 1952 - 2012
  • VisionMan
    VisionMan Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Fifer wrote: »
    Until YouView (and recent smart TV developments), BT Vision was the only easy STB option for anyone in non-cabled areas who wanted catch-up TV for the five main channels. That however, is no longer the case.

In what way, Fifer?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport