PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Old Style Daily Thread for Monday 21st May 2012

Options
124»

Comments

• miffy257
    miffy257 Posts: 890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all, sunny here although the day started off quite grey and chilly. Manic day at school have about 1001 things to do before the end of term:eek: DDis still home but goes back to Uni tomorrow and then home from 10th June. She needs to find a job to save for moving into a flat with her DBF.
    Have ironing to do tonight but not much else, did a goodish clean yesterday. Hugs to all in need . LW please keep posting, I love to hear about your doggy visitors and you always give an excellent insight into life. Have a super holiday, hope there is a lot of sun and you are free from pain. Monnagran sounds like you will really deserve your holiday after what you have to do in the next week. Good luck.
    have a good evening all.:) JackieO have you seen the film of that book. it is so funny and the actors are great. I must read the book sometime.
    £180.00 in 'sistercas'fund
    Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.
    Samuel Smiles
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,037 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening All

LW, don't know what has gone on but please keep posting. I look forward to your posts and love to hear of your doggie pals. Make sure you have a lovely holiday, I used to live in Gosport so days out to the IOW were always great.

Monnogran - you will certainly need a holiday with all that work to do!

JackieO - that book is on my list to read, good to hear that you enjoyed it so much, I too have heard that the film is really good.

Well after work DD asked if there was anything she could do to help so we decided to tackle one side of the shed. Why do we have 5 shovels, 2 pick axes and more old plant pots than a garden centre? I made 3 trips to the tip and there is room to move. Next is the other half which is full of late OHs tools - he certainly liked power tools!

Cut the hedge and some of the grass after that, DD made tea which we ate outside and have just come in. Showered and ready for bed now!

Hope you are all enjoying this fantastic weather. Take care. XX
  • flutterbyuk25
    flutterbyuk25 Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all

Late one from me. Beautiful day here :D sunshine all day.

Got to work at 9am, had frantic call from boss who had realised she had double booked herself in two meetings at opposite ends of country so I had to hot foot it to W Wales to cover one meeting. It was a 2.5hour return journey in my minibus for a one hour meeting :rotfl:. It's not a bad drive, the sun was shining and I cranked the radio up :D.

After work I had college for 3hours, I'm liking the course but so far all we have done I did on my PGCE! But the tutor promises it will be different soon. The people seem nice on the course too.

I came home and as it was still sunny I went for a walk around the lake. Hoping to do this 3/4 times a week.

Night all

x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello all,

Just realised how late it is!

LW....please stay with us, your posts are always so interesting and nobody is entitled to 'scare you off'...how dare they! Enjoy your holiday.

Temperature much better here for last couple of days, we even had some sun this afternoon....lovely.

Made a chocolate cake and a rhubarb one this afternoon....have found that if I make a sponge mix (equal quanties egg, flour, butter, sugar) and then mix some stewed rhubarb through that it makes a lovely moist tasty cake.....rhubarb amount is whatever I have stewed!

Hugs to all in need or want, good luck to those whose young people are doing exams. Sleep well and stay safe

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills