We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

New Look MSE: Get a sneeky peek

Options

Comments

• Evember
    Options
    Very Sexy!
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    THE RESULT OF YOUR FEEDBACK!

Thank you so much for this. I've taken a long read of your feedback and its clarified a few things to me - so much so we're going to have another play before we go live.

Thought you'd be interested to know what

1. Wider. We're going to make the home page 1024 rather than 800x600 - though not stretchy - and possibly the rest of the site (though maybe that will wait till the next version)

2. Looking like MSP/Commercial/trying to sell. I hadn't realised this before and on closer inspection I get the point. This is not a good look for the site - and actually the most serious comment possible. As such I am going to revert a bit more to current style on the home page - but keeping all the cool new elements going forward.

3. Forum button. This will now be bigger, in black and have more space - enabled by the 1024.

Thank you all for your considered thoughts.

Martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks - now I will know where to look for it!
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • mioliere
    Options
    I think it's brilliant! Can't wait to use it - an even better fix than I get now! And, by the way, thanks to Martin and all his helpers. What you're doing is fantastic!
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

• mioliere
    Options
    New site is brilliant as I've said in my last post BUT 'i' before 'e' except after C - sorry! Receive has been wrongly spelt - just want the new site to be absolutely perfect!
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

• IzzyGoldilocks
    Options
    :beer: well done the site looks very good well done to all at MSE towers hope i can find my way around okay,age does that to you!!!!!
  • brillgranny
    Options
    :D:D
    Martin, had a sneaky look at the forthcoming moneysaving email, the format is eyecatching, colours great and it's much easier to navigate, it was worth waiting 4 years for!!
  • kaz
    kaz Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    website looks great Martin..looking forward to try it out..thoroughly haha
  • computerwoman
    computerwoman Posts: 4,075 Forumite
    Options
    when can we get it, it look's fantastic,
    cw:T

Pls be nice to all MSer's
    There's no such thing as a stupid question, and even if you disagree courtesy helps.
    Tomorrow never come's as today is yesterday and tomorrow is today:confused:

MERRY CHRISTMAS FELLOW MSer's:xmastree:
  • 33pelter
    33pelter Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Options
    looks great...... thanks for putting all the effort in :)
    "Well, we are a Christian country, it is an important part of our make-up and I don't see any reason to change." David Cameron
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure