Is Fairy Liquid a false economy? Blog discussion

1234568»

Comments

• stilernin
    stilernin Posts: 1,217 Forumite
    I've just scanned through this thread and can't see any mention of putting washing up liquid if a pump dispenser.

For years I have used FL diluted 1:1 with water and instead of pumping straight into washing up water, I pump a small amount on a wash up sponge. This seems to create loads of foam as you use it and you can always allow yourself a second squirt when necessary.

As well as the money saving aspect, I have always hated the sight of a naked washing up liquid bottle at the side of the sink!!
  • andybev
    andybev Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have always used fairy when possible but there came a time when I changed brands, around the time they changed to the transparent bottles, as the bubbles seemed to not last nearly as long as they used to.

I noticed this when I moved from Edinburgh to London and I started to shop in the many 99p shops they have down here, which sell the original fairy (in the white plastic bottle, you remember the ones?).

I am not sure if the supermarkets still sell the older bottles but I could never find them. Maybe the 99p shop here have a massive supply of old stock but I will continue to use it as long as I can get the old bottles as I am convinced they have changed the ingredients for the worse.

(never thought I would get so passionate about washing up liquid!) :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport