11+Elite One stop shop for the very best of MSE

Options

Comments

• tigerwhite_2
    tigerwhite_2 Posts: 7,208 Forumite
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Hi tigerwhite sorry your trip was a waste, what car was it?
    Thanks to Bananababe and Qof C as well as Bubbs. They normally wouldn't get a backward glance but I decided to complain straight away instead of sitting on it and fuming for the rest of the afternoon (T has turned me into a tyrant re: complaining when necesssary!).
    It's an Audi A5 sportback, new to 6 months old Bubbs. Bought our last Audi a4 convertible brand new and they were superb, just this showroom who are carp I think. The MSE'r in me says to not buy new as it's such a waste of money. Off to neighbours for chinese so pm if you want any more info :-)
    Have a good night everyone xx
    Tiger :cool:
    I'm a body double for Claudia Schiffer and i wont get out of bed for less than [STRIKE]£10k per day[/STRIKE] a 1p find
  • nikkilala_2
    nikkilala_2 Posts: 9,872 Forumite
    Options
    calmspirit wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I need a toy boy now I find out you lot have them! Do they come with clubcard points? Which aisle are they on and do they come with thier own stripsclips?:A:A

If they came with clubcard points I'd have more than one;):rotfl:
    Beware!!!! Glitching is addictive:rotfl:
  • Call_of_Trouty
    Call_of_Trouty Posts: 5,666 Forumite
    edited 5 May 2012 at 7:45PM
    Options
    Yet another freebie , a choice of Escada perfumes sample

http://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/free-escada-perfume-sample-1199135

You can get a Nails Inc. Varnish free with the June issue of InStyle magazine (priced at £3.70 – with Thandie Newton on the cover), its a FULL SIZE, worth £11
  • lutzi1
    lutzi1 Posts: 2,703 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm watching The Voice and am slowly losing the will to live. B.... Holly Willoughby is just 31 years old, has always had a bit of a nice twinkle, but she's clearly had something shoved into her face in the recent past and she's slowly morphing into Gabby Yorath/ Logan, whatever she calls herself nowadays from mid-face upwards. Give me strength!!!!

When naturally really beautiful (young) successful women think it's right to do this at the age of 31, what hope is there for the unconfident 14 year old who's on the verge of anorexia or worries her nose is too big? What message does this send to young women about what their worth is centred on? Nothing against a little tweaking in later life if it's subtle, but for goodness sake the woman isn't even in her prime yet.

Why did the suffragettes do all they did, up to and including dying, to raise the stock of women, only for this pathetic current generation of so called celebrities to try and put women firmly back in the shop window where everything is judged solely on their looks ( and sometimes very weird ones at that).

She has lost so much respect from me this evening. :mad::mad::mad:
    Hope is not a strategy.
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    lutzi1 wrote: »
    I'm watching The Voice and am slowly losing the will to live. B.... Holly Willoughby is just 31 years old, has always had a bit of a nice twinkle, but she's clearly had something shoved into her face in the recent past and she's slowly morphing into Gabby Yorath/ Logan, whatever she calls herself nowadays from mid-face upwards. Give me strength!!!!

When naturally really beautiful (young) successful women think it's right to do this at the age of 31, what hope is there for the unconfident 14 year old who's on the verge of anorexia or worries her nose is too big? What message does this send to young women about what their worth is centred on? Nothing against a little tweaking in later life if it's subtle, but for goodness sake the woman isn't even in her prime yet.

Why did the suffragettes do all they did, up to and including dying, to raise the stock of women, only for this pathetic current generation of so called celebrities to try and put women firmly back in the shop window where everything is judged solely on their looks ( and sometimes very weird ones at that).

She has lost so much respect from me this evening. :mad::mad::mad:

Hear hear :T:T:T
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Mum enjoyed her day out at the hospice yesterday. She said she had never tasted Bread and Butter pudding like it! Can't believe they had her favourite pud the first day she went. And she says she will go again next week, I am so pleased, was good to see a smile on her face. :)

:T:T:T Nothing beats a good Bread & Butter Pudding ♥
    fourp wrote: »
    4p tights , lucky they aren't FK's colour

98yu6x.jpg

With the Magic Tights. Ignore the 2 pairs packs with AW10/SS11/AW11 on them. Just look for the 1 pair packs :D
    snapant thank you so much for the link to the portm dishes i spent £60 couldn't buy 6 of each of same designs so i just went for 6 of rendom designs nothing matching got 10 inch plates 6 inch plates fruit cocktail dishes, i got 2 8 inch plates (don't ask me why?) do u think random
    So pleased, they are divine.
    Definitely random. Mine are all completely different. So when you do need to replace a broken one you just get another design :D:)
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Deb40
    Deb40 Posts: 49 Forumite
    edited 5 May 2012 at 7:56PM
    Options
    I haven't been on here for a while and have only managed to read back about 30 pages! Forgive me if these have already been mentioned.

Girls F & F bikini briefs pack of 5 in clear plastic bag type hanging bag. b/c 2571. They are plain and striped in purple/yellow/ pink/green. Marked down at 50p but went through at £2.00. This was in Ll*nell* today. Not a huge dtd but better then nothing and cheap knickers too.

Dunlop DDH All Weather Leather golf glove. b/c 6246 (but had a sticker over the top 597380). There was a yellow RTC on the shelf for £1.25 but they went through at £4.96 so dtd. I had actually bought 4 so had quite a nice dtd. That was FFach on Thursday. The barcode under the sticker was the £1.25 and they obv hadn't changed the RTC (although still in date).

Ladies Cotton Soft 100 denier tights black with roses on were priced at £1 but went through at 4p. SA didn't bat an eyelid and I only noticed when I got home so that was stress free!! b/c 5093 AW10. There were some others exactly the same at £1.50 but I didn,t look at them as they were more expensive. Am guessing they are AW 11 stock maybe? This was in Ffach a couple of weeks ago.

Hope this helps someone xx
  • Smart1e
    Smart1e Posts: 2,756 Forumite
    Options
    Well I just had the Value battered fish for my tea, nowhere near as :eek: as I thought it might be! The batter is really nice and crispy, the fish inside is not great but at 69p for 4 I might even buy them again!

I would say they are actually nicer than Bird's Eye, they don't have that soggy mush stuff between the batter and the fish...mmm:D
    :) Learn from the past, enjoy and appreciate the present and work to make your future the best it can possibly be :)

And get lots of glitches!
  • lookinforabargain
    lookinforabargain Posts: 9,032 Forumite
    Options
    I like to take advantage of any offers T gives, but I really struggled to get an £80 spend last week, although I did manage it. Did a price check on it but got nothing. Was about to throw out my receipt but stopped to check it.
    I'd used a Double Ponints voucher ( to get double points on a big apend) but I haven't been given the extra points. On the receipt it clearly states DOUBLE POINT CPN SCANNED. Anyone else had this happen? I think a trip to Cust Services is in order.

Grrrrrr......

Yeah I posted about the same thing yesterday. I emailed the CS peeps at Clubcard and got a phone call back within 10 minutes and she added the points on for me.
    ...those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

PRIDE

There's a fork in the road, which way will you go
    You standing still or will you step into the great unknown,
    Is yours to decide, this is your life.

• Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :(

Got trouted by a teenage SA in Mr T :mad:
    She was so unhelpful. The reason being, there was a queue of 'lads' after me heckling her :mad:
    £3 worth of cakes - no you haven't spent enough. I have. No you haven't. Got the cakes out of bag, but she wouldn't co operate or call a Q SA. So told her to take them all off :(
    Chocabloks were £2.79 BOGOF but went through as £1.39 each :(

Paid, read my receipt & saw she had put my whoopsied deli meals through as full price :mad:
    So had to go to CS where they couldn't of been more helpful :T
    They looked up who had served me & said she was new ...

Anyway DTD on Deli meals, cakes retrieved from the till & put through again with £1 coupon :T
    Chocabloks refunded :T
    I didn't like to mention the Soreen that I've been over charged on. £1 SEL charged £1.19 so I'll leave that till tomorrow.
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure