11+Elite One stop shop for the very best of MSE

Options

Comments

• lutzi1
    lutzi1 Posts: 2,703 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hear hear :T:T:T
    Thank you. We all like to make a bit of an effort, but this defacing yourself just makes me so cross!
    Hope is not a strategy.
  • lookinforabargain
    lookinforabargain Posts: 9,032 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all :wave:

Knackered today, just about made it through work. Probably wasn't my finest ever shift though :rotfl: I'm totally useless without a proper sleep. So having an early night tonight. Going to download a book on my phone and see what it's like, dunno wheter I'll like it or not, but I'll give it a bash :cool:
    Just enjoying a wee drink at the moment relax :beer:
    Did have a quick jaunt to T's but only for bread and milk.
    Whoopsies were carp and cba looking for any bargains! :rotfl:
    ...those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

PRIDE

There's a fork in the road, which way will you go
    You standing still or will you step into the great unknown,
    Is yours to decide, this is your life.

• micabenson
    micabenson Posts: 278 Forumite
    Options
    I'd used a Double Points voucher ( to get double points on a big apend) but I haven't been given the extra points. On the receipt it clearly states DOUBLE POINT CPN SCANNED. Anyone else had this happen? I think a trip to Cust Services is in order.

Grrrrrr......

Yeah as a few others have said.. this also happened to me the other day.. also bought two packs of rocket salad with 50 extra points and potatoes to get a couple hundred points after the double points voucher.. no such luck..
    I fired off an email and got a phonecall adding the points to my balance... cheeky really as I imagine a lot of people havent noticed and are none the wiser..Tesco all over ha:D
  • MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    afternoon

tricia if you need a hand moving just give me a shout. i am only round the corner.

we off to walk around the lighthouse soon. we are allowed 3 hours to get there and 2.1/2 back as the sunsets at 8.xx pm, as the organsiers dont want anybody left on the beach or cliffs when it is dark.
    i am so excited. i [STRIKE]nagged[/STRIKE] talked my eldest sister into doing it as well. she is over 50yrs old and moaned that she was too old. my son said "mum is having her toe chopped off soon, if she can do it so can you"!!!! kids are so honest aint they.

i am talking 3 liters of fluid, a bag of sweets, camera phone and my sons medicene,painkillers (in case my toe decides to play up) and dry clothes for when we get back to the car.
    wish me luck. i will put the pics up tomorrow.

MMW that totally eptomises (sp) what the 11+'s are about - helping others.:T:T:T:T

Hope that you enjoyed your walk.
  • fourp
    fourp Posts: 2,016 Forumite
    Options
    lutzi1 wrote: »
    I'm watching The Voice and am slowly losing the will to live. B.... Holly Willoughby is just 31 years old, has always had a bit of a nice twinkle, but she's clearly had something shoved into her face in the recent past and she's slowly morphing into Gabby Yorath/ Logan, whatever she calls herself nowadays from mid-face upwards. Give me strength!!!!

When naturally really beautiful (young) successful women think it's right to do this at the age of 31, what hope is there for the unconfident 14 year old who's on the verge of anorexia or worries her nose is too big? What message does this send to young women about what their worth is centred on? Nothing against a little tweaking in later life if it's subtle, but for goodness sake the woman isn't even in her prime yet.

Why did the suffragettes do all they did, up to and including dying, to raise the stock of women, only for this pathetic current generation of so called celebrities to try and put women firmly back in the shop window where everything is judged solely on their looks ( and sometimes very weird ones at that).

She has lost so much respect from me this evening. :mad::mad::mad:

We were so glad to see that Vogue won't be using any models or photographs of ladies with their bones sticking out through their skin .
    Thank goodness for that .
    I was young once , now I get older all the time .
  • Smart1e
    Smart1e Posts: 2,756 Forumite
    Options
    I just spotted this on a womble from today

- Custard Powder - 6p

not online at all unless it's a glitch, I think it's probably the value sachets but could be worth scanning the others if anyone's in T's...
    :) Learn from the past, enjoy and appreciate the present and work to make your future the best it can possibly be :)

And get lots of glitches!
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,963 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well because of you lot :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:and price flop last time i bought loads of chocablock's and just had one and dont really like them lol :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    LadyLeenie wrote: »
    Mine is ;):D
    Leenie, shouldn't that be :o:o;) nudge, nudge know what I mean? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • durham05
    durham05 Posts: 2,019 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Some1 was asking about north east ppl, im from [EMAIL="c+u@ty"]c+u+ty[/EMAIL] d+rh+m n been to D+rh+m today on the top shelf there was 4 cars 2 scooters, took 2 one for me & one for playgroup, left 2 back on the top shelf minus box for another mse. Checked for the cars 2 readybed but the were the new bc.
    also had the gillete fusion razor set with the 3 blades flag n mini moisturiser in for £4. on cardboard display at end of health n beauty isle in the centre of isle.if you gt what i mean.
  • Bananababe
    Bananababe Posts: 7,358 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 5 May 2012 at 8:48PM
    Options
    tigerwhite wrote: »
    Thanks to Bananababe and Qof C as well as Bubbs. They normally wouldn't get a backward glance but I decided to complain straight away instead of sitting on it and fuming for the rest of the afternoon (T has turned me into a tyrant re: complaining when necesssary!).
    It's an Audi A5 sportback, new to 6 months old Bubbs. Bought our last Audi a4 convertible brand new and they were superb, just this showroom who are carp I think. The MSE'r in me says to not buy new as it's such a waste of money. Off to neighbours for chinese so pm if you want any more info :-)
    Have a good night everyone xx

Thats a cracking motor. I can feel the wind in my hair now. Stereo blaring ! Tesco reused bags in the boot ! Hope you enjoyed your chinese. We had one too. Both my kids out. Peace perfect peace. Having boot sale tomo so spent day sorting stash and loft.

All this talk of toy boys- guilty as charged although my husband is only 30 days younger :rotfl:

Just a thought wonder what discount you would get for waters breaking in their test drive hee hee
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure