PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS daily 20th April 2012

Options
124»

Comments

• flutterbyuk25
    flutterbyuk25 Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all

Happy birthday Lamewolf :)
    monnagran wrote: »
    Also, the Big Boss has phoned her

monnagran - I interpreted the big boss as being the one upstairs with the robes and beard!! :rotfl:

Non-stop day today, lots of admin finishing off the last group of work kids, plus recruiting for next lot. But I am now off work til Thursday afternoon next week :j:j. Nice atmosphere in the office, the boys took the mick this morning when they saw the state of my bus after ydays bump, but it was all in jest and I feel a lot better bout it now. And our ex-colleague who had the brain tumour came in for an hour to catch up :) he is doing really well.

I need to try finish my uni assignment tonight, 700 words to go! Then I can properly enjoy the weekend and my time off, I'm going to Edinburgh Monday to Weds :D

OS wise - made packed lunch, WM been on, dishes to wash, recycling sorted, dinner from freezer

Have a good evening all

x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you all for the lovely birthday wishes.:A

We've been out to Bletchley Park today, which was extremely interesting; and going for a meal out tonight (I need an hour's kip first though!)

Uolypool glad the Woofer is home; they hate those lampshade collars, don't they? Penny-dog never liked it when she had to wear one.

Sorry, my mind's gone totally blank on who's rabbit it is that's poorly, but healing vibes being sent, just the same.:o

Monnagran aww, lovely story of woofit-sitting outside the chemists.:o

I'm a little gutted as I had to reluctantly refuse a friend's request for help a day or so ago; but whatever way I cut it, it wasn't do-able.:( I hate having to say "No" to anyone.

Ah well; Lucy Lab arrives Sunday afternoon; I think I've got her for 10 days (must check my spreadsheet) then a day dogless on May 3rd (which is just as well, as that's a celebration date - 10 years since THE wine-tasting, when Mr LW and I sort of "got together") and Dylan the Lurcher is back with me on May 4th, til (I think) 11th. We're away from May 26th for a week ourselves, and Sidny Schnauzer's booked in at some point during June (again, not sure of the dates, but it's on the spreadsheet).

After that.... who knows; Mr LW has to go on a course towards the end of July, so I can't take any "special needs" dogs that I need his assistance with during that week. He'll be commuting, but leaving early and getting home late.

It's never a dull moment in the Wolf's Lair....:rotfl:

Right, I'm going to snaffle the last of the coffee in the pot, and have a time-out before we need to dress for the restaurant.;)
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • miffy257
    miffy257 Posts: 890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy Birthday Lamewolf from me and Jack Daniels the labrador. Hope you have a great meal out.:beer:
    Well done to your DD Moorhen and hope your DS is better soon Bitsy
    Hugs to all have a good evening .:)
    £180.00 in 'sistercas'fund
    Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.
    Samuel Smiles
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    Hi Guys!

Thanks for all the lovely messages.

Well, Im not sure where the day has gone? I think a mixture of feeling rough and the drugs has dwindled the day away, but at least I haven't felt the pain as much:D I really wanted to add a few verses to my kids books but being "under the influence" probably isn't the right frame of mind for them:o

DD has been to collect all her artwork that was on the schools wall being displayed. Her final piece was on domestic violence and I know Im biased, but it was pretty good. Her self portrait was also excellent, so good in fact, we've hung above the fireplace and I'm pretty fussy with art. Who knows, it may be worth something one day. Her college course is going well and she's still putting her 100% in with distinctions across the board. Can you believe she has nearly finished her 1st year:eek::eek::eek:

OH is out with friends tonight, so don't think he'll be back till late, but he really does deserve it and needs some time away. The business is still going well and between him getting up between 5-6 each morning and still looking after me the rest of the time, he really does need more him time, but he won't take it. He's a lovely guy and I appreciate and love him very much, BUT I wish he would do more stuff for him. He did finish and pass his level 2 in BSL which is quite an achievement.

Just realised that the car tax is due at the end of the month, so thats another £71.50 for 6 months, but will try and get enough to do the 12 months.

Im waffling now, but thanks for listening to me.

Hope everyone is well.

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all

Happy birthday Lamewolf :)

monnagran - I interpreted the big boss as being the one upstairs with the robes and beard!! :rotfl:

Of course it could have been him, but I don't think he does phones. Fire and thunderbolts more his style.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,925 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mrsd sorry to hear about your house. Hope you find something soon and that it's good news on your OH's job front.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • jaxx46
    jaxx46 Posts: 613 Forumite
    Options
    just wanted to say Yappy Woofday to LW from me & my 3.
    Hugs for all the poorlies human & furry x
    Hi5 for MH's daughter.
    Sometimes not moving backwards is as much an achievement as moving forwards is on other times. (originally posted by kidcat)

It's only a bargain if you were going to buy it anyway!
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Belated happy birthday LW.

JackieO...take care of that arm.

uolypool...hugs for woofer from Kerry and Mossy.

PP...good to see you posting again.

Off to bed....sleep well and keep safe all

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business