Share your stories on PPI Reclaiming claims handlers

Options

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have you still got the letters/emails they sent saying there was no PPI?
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • rosie_78
    Options
    My partner tried to make me use a claims company - but I did it myself.

Three were upheld by Lloyds, MBNA said no. So I took the MBNA one to the FOS and that was upheld also.

I received £5200. Out of that money I spent around £50 on myself (toward car repair), then the rest of what I claimed back I used to pay off my debts. After struggling for years with debts left to me by my ex, I'm now debt free.

£13,000 gone in three and half years :)
  • Alpine_Star
    Options
    Which claims company is it?
  • Clouderash
    Options
    I'm waiting to hear back from x 2 accounts with PPI, I'm working with State Your Claim. After you've had the interview to determine how long it takes, how long are you likely to wait?
  • max555
    max555 Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    Clouderash wrote: »
    I'm waiting to hear back from x 2 accounts with PPI, I'm working with State Your Claim. After you've had the interview to determine how long it takes, how long are you likely to wait?

:mad: Why???

What interview are you referring to?
  • Clouderash
    Options
    max555 wrote: »
    :mad: Why???

What interview are you referring to?

Oh, they call you up and ask the questions, like 'how you were misold etc'.

Just wondering how long it will take the creditors to go back and then for me to hear?
  • max555
    edited 3 October 2013 at 6:24AM
    Options
    Clouderash wrote: »
    Oh, they call you up and ask the questions, like 'how you were misold etc'.

Just wondering how long it will take the creditors to go back and then for me to hear?

You could have just written down how you were mis-sold and sent it straight to the bank. Hopefully the "interview" wasn't a sham and the claims co. is actually planning to send in a personalised complaint. Most don't. Most simply stick your name at the top of a template letter full of contradictory complaint points and send it in to the bank.

The bank won't give any weight to what the claims company wrote about what happened at the sale. Some banks ignore what the claims co says, others will want to speak to you to validate them. Unless you have good reasons that they can confirm using their own systems (sick pay, health conditions, refinancing etc.) the bank isn't just going to uphold your complaint and send the response to the claims co. Bear in mind that case handlers at major banks are not allowed to speak to claims cos about PPI complaints.

Anyway the bank has 8 weeks from the acknowledgement letter being sent to resolve your complaint, exactly the same time as if you had sent in the complaint yourself.
  • Arthur_201
    Options
    Genuine Companies who assist in claiming a refund from financial firms guilty of mis-selling PPI, do not take fees in Advance. Most of the unsolicited PPI calls are made by unreliable (possible fraudulent) agencies who aim to line their pockets with Advance Fees from gullible consumers.
  • max555
    Options
    Arthur_201 wrote: »
    Genuine Companies who assist in claiming a refund from financial firms guilty of mis-selling PPI, do not take fees in Advance. Most of the unsolicited PPI calls are made by unreliable (possible fraudulent) agencies who aim to line their pockets with Advance Fees from gullible consumers.

Rather than lining their pockets with percentages of the payouts that gullible customers receive? Paying any money to a claims co. is a complete waste of money of course - they are almost all amateurish charlatans - but if someone is informed and chooses to, whether as an advance or as a percentage of redress, that's up to them.
  • magpiecottage
    Options
    An interesting couple of articles have appeared in the trade press this week.

Today an IFA won a court case against a CMC who made a false claim.

This is hard on the heels of an article yesterday in which Peter Robinson QC indicated in the following discussion that he thought an adviser could sue the consumer as well as the CMC.

So beware of what you are signing.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure