🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Are you taking a holiday this summer?

Options

Comments

• landsker
    landsker Posts: 65 Forumite
    Options
    We never take a "holiday" as such. We may visit family (now in Germany) two or three times a year, (previously we lived in Spain befiore escaping back to the UK) - that is always a struggle, financially.
  • Pmarmalade
    Pmarmalade Posts: 175 Forumite
    Options
    Saving and, in the past, a preference for spending money on material objects that I'll get enjoyment out of for years to come always takes priority for me.

When I have my own home I'd like to go on holiday more but for now it's just weekend camping trips away with my friends.
  • mandi
    mandi Posts: 11,932 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    After years of not taking holidays we now have two a year both abroad one in March & a second in September .

We never plan to go to a particular destination but pick up bargains by subscribing to holiday newsletters .

Our last holiday in March was a week AI in the Canary Islands & cost less than £300.00 , a week in Morocco 5* AI last year was only £388.00 .

My OH has never visited London for the simple reason that the travel/accommodation costs etc are far to expensive also for the time it would take us to travel we can fly to somewhere were we are guaranteed sunshine . :)
  • Flap
    Flap Posts: 1,652 Forumite
    Options
    Im taking my 11yr old son camping to the lakes and a few other undecided places . . Dont know which catagory that fits into. Single parent
  • ameliarate
    ameliarate Posts: 7,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    yes, going to Menorca with friends. We are planning to do a bit of cycling, a bit of kayaking, a bit of swimming and some serious relaxation.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I often travel at short notice, depending on how busy work is. Although I haven't made any plans this year, I'm sure I will have several short breaks abroad.

Camping to me is not a holiday, it's a nightmare. I'd rather stay at home with the heating on full blast.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • glamour-mummy
    Options
    were going to france for one week in july, we usually go on holiday once every summer but only in europe, mainly france or spain,
    france this year will be with my mum and dad, my partner, and my little girl
  • notsorichandnotsofamous
    Options
    We ( me, hubby and 12 year old daughter) normally go abroad,but last August we went camping in Tenby for 2 weeks and had the best time ever ! The weather was fantastic and we have decided to go again this year !
    Can't Wait.
  • ~_Dragonfly_~
    Options
    We went on holiday Skiing in Finland a few years ago but since then myself and my partner holiday in the UK usually in the Lake District as we are this year as well and I can't wait!

We are getting a puppy this year so that will be the end of holidays abroad for us more or less, not that I mind because the UK is an amazing place with so many great places to visit as well.
  • Catriona_P
    Catriona_P Posts: 843 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We (me, husband and 1 year old) havn't had a holiday since she was born and won't be having one this year either. Lack of funds mostly. :( But we are saving to hopefully go abroad with her next year when she'll appreciate it a bit more.
    "Why, this is hell, nor am I out of it."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family