edited 17 April 2012 at 11:20AM in Money Saving Polls
31 replies 4.1K views

Replies

• edited 18 April 2012 at 10:52AM
    999pez999pez Forumite
    48 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 18 April 2012 at 10:52AM
    Do some camping in the UK, but always go abroad for our main holiday - too wet in the UK. Funny seeing as we have a hosepipe ban at the moment - although if this rain continues, what's the bets they'll be flooding!
    Going to Florida in August. 1st time to Disney for me as well as the kids. Can't wait.
    Costing a bloody fortune though, but refuse to take the kids out of school.
  • janey183janey183 Forumite
    167 Posts
    4 days in the New Forest over the Jubilee Weekend, B8B with a friend. Love it down there! nothing else planned but may have a few days out with friends
    Sealed Pot Challenge 5 #1440
    Target £500
  • BobbinAlongBobbinAlong Forumite
    177 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Using the Tesco vouchers for the channel tunnel fare for the camper van again. When we get off don't know where we'll go. France? Germany? Spain? Switzerland? maybe even drive up through Denmark to Sweden. Only limitations are the tunnel crossing dates.
  • Violet8Violet8 Forumite
    31 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    OH and I are going to the Olympics this year :D I have tickets for 2 events and OH has tickets for 3. The hotel and flight costs are astronomical :( so even though we're only going to be there for 3 nights it's more expensive than our main holiday the following week which is 9 nights in continental Europe, including flights and tickets for a week long music festival!!
  • TBagpussTBagpuss Forumite
    9.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    My sister is getting married in the Summer, so we are going to Turkey for 10 days as a 'girls trip away' before the wedding.

However, we are lucky in that her fiance owns a flat that so we are only paying for flights and food etc.
    All posts are my personal opinion, not formal advice Always get proper, professional advice (particularly about anything legal!)
  • newcooknewcook Forumite
    5K Posts
    Im off to Greece in august for a friends wedding – it’s the first proper holiday (beach, sunshine, relaxing) that Ive had in 9 years so Im extremely looking forward to it!
    One of the best things is that I’ve booked into a different hotel to everyone else (theres about 40 going) so I can have lots of ‘me’ time!!
  • blammoblammo Forumite
    95 Posts
    A 2-week staycation for us, either in the north of scotland or lake district
  • saving-madsaving-mad Forumite
    425 Posts
    Looks like a week in our own cottage for us later in the year when we have very few bookings
    Owner of a cute cottage in the North York Moors :j
  • freyasmumfreyasmum Forumite
    20.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBagpuss wrote: »
    My sister is getting married in the Summer, so we are going to Turkey for 10 days as a 'girls trip away' before the wedding.

Mine is getting married in November, so we're all off, AI, to Marbella :j
  • geoffkygeoffky Forumite
    6.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    We go away most school holidays,just about to book for two weeks time a villa for three weeks ..hopefully!! We get about 2 a year were our 13yrs old does not want to come..(heaven)
    It is nice to see the value of your house going up'' Why ?
    Unless you are planning to sell up and not live anywhere, I can;t see the advantage.
    If you are planning to upsize the new house will cost more.
    If you are planning to downsize your new house will cost more than it should
    If you are trying to buy your first house its almost impossible.
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES

Balance transfer credit cards

Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 31 months

MSE Guides