Mystery Shopping Thread 23 *PLEASE READ THE OP FIRST**PLEASE NO CLIENT NAMES OR FEES

Options

Comments

• N.I.M
    N.I.M Posts: 2,248 Forumite
    Options
    RA? Did they tell you they read this? Wonder what the reaction in the office to the other day has been?
    This was 6 months out of date so I've changed it.
    :j:j:j:j
  • DPJames
    DPJames Posts: 999 Forumite
    Options
    N.I.M wrote: »
    Wonder what the reaction in the office to the other day has been?

They closed my account. :j

I can't believe it. What did I do wrong? Bloody cheap skates man.

Mind I don't think it was from reading this. I got a message to say someone had alerted them that I was, "disclosing vital information in a flippant, derogatory manner."

Stange, because I got a message yesterday from the MSE team aswell asking me to be more sympathetic towards the more rigid members here.:rotfl:

Now, who could have been sending secret little messages around? Hmmmm:)

Que sera sera

N.I.M wrote: »
    Depends on if you want to say hi or "take care" of the competition.

;) The latter of course.

I'm in a big American van if you fancy cutting me up on the way into Tesside Retail Park.
  • DPJames
    Options
    Done my first Helion jobs today. I love their reports. Dead simple, mostly tick boxes, not too many questions, helpful staff. And a decent fee too. Nee £3.50 + £1 nonsense.

One door closes........

Two big thumbs up for Helion!!
  • N.I.M
    Options
    I may not in any world approve of your methods but I appreciate the results. Heck they might realise this is utterly unacceptabe in terms of fees etc. Question I have to ask is how people can afford to do them with petrol and diesel being around the £1.40 and £1.50 respectively.

I'm actually in Teesside Park on Sunday. Got the bottom slapper and 2 cameras there at the moment. Doing another slapper, 2 quickies for TNS and visiting some models in Boro too.

Sounds like a good weekend eh? ;)
  • DPJames
    Options
    It costs me about £3 just to fire the van up man!!

I hope you've had all your jabs if you're going into Boro. Do you ever see that Big Issue seller in the Square near House of Fraser. He's a good laugh him. Dead funny, really polite and super helpful. If I don't know where somewhere is I always ask him, and I give him my Sainsbury's parking ticket stub 'cos he gets a quid back for it. He can keep his magazine though, it's sh!te.
  • N.I.M
    Options
    I'm irish man. Don't need jabs, were ate blighted potatos, have god-like immune systems. Had no dealings with him as the only time I parked there he was getting properly aggressive with someone. Plus managed to get mugged by a big issue seller in dublin one night.

Moving back on-topic though. Anyone know what the story is with helion backup jobs. When/how do they allocate them?
  • ljshopper
    ljshopper Posts: 252 Forumite
    Options
    DPJames wrote: »
    They closed my account. :j

I can't believe it. What did I do wrong? Bloody cheap skates man.

Mind I don't think it was from reading this. I got a message to say someone had alerted them that I was, "disclosing vital information in a flippant, derogatory manner."

Stange, because I got a message yesterday from the MSE team aswell asking me to be more sympathetic towards the more rigid members here.:rotfl:

Now, who could have been sending secret little messages around? Hmmmm:)

Que sera sera

;) The latter of course.

I'm in a big American van if you fancy cutting me up on the way into Tesside Retail Park.

Unbelievable.Cant believe that people could be so small minded.
  • brooke3
    brooke3 Posts: 197 Forumite
    Options
    DPJames wrote: »
    Done my first Helion jobs today. I love their reports. Dead simple, mostly tick boxes, not too many questions, helpful staff. And a decent fee too. Nee £3.50 + £1 nonsense.

One door closes........

Two big thumbs up for Helion!!

There are a few Helion jobs in my area but I haven't taken them because they don't look very interesting (I'm a hobby mystery shopper rather than a career mystery shopper, I rarely do anything these days that isn't a hotel, tourist attraction or expensive chocolate shop). However, I have never worked for Helion and if they are really that good maybe I will give them a try.
  • sparklysaver
    Options
    Well, I went to the HMRC workshop today on expenses and capital allowances and am officially none the wiser on the whole reimbursement thing. The tutor basically said that everything you have to spend is an expense, and that's that. I'm not 100% sure she got my explanation though, since other people kept chipping in with not-really-related examples and confusing the matter. Ah well, I'm just going to carry on regardless and if anyone ever audits me and tells me I'm doing it wrong then I'll take the hit.

I am very glad I didn't submit my tax return without learning about how much I could charge against capital allowances though. Probably the most profitable 3 hours I've spent in weeks, that was. :D
  • brooke3
    brooke3 Posts: 197 Forumite
    Options
    WHere did you learn about how much you can claim against capital allowances?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure