🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Mystery Shopping Thread 23 *PLEASE READ THE OP FIRST**PLEASE NO CLIENT NAMES OR FEES

Options

Comments

• sasha011
    Options
    Does anyone know of a free spreadsheet I can get hold of to keep a record of mystery shopping ready for tax office?

• StretchedElf
    Options
    Well gap have failed to pay me correctly for the second time in two months so I doubt I'll be doing any more work for them. The first time I was promised a missing payment from July in August's payment, but that too was short. Now they are just ignoring me so I'll take that as a lesson learned on who not to get involved with in the future. It really irks me though that they will have earned money on the back of my assignments while I have to do without.
  • whitelabel
    whitelabel Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    Options
    There is a new thread link is above
    post in that one for a response rather than this
  • dogstarheaven
    dogstarheaven Posts: 1,382 Forumite
    edited 17 September 2012 at 10:03PM
    Options
    hi
    I haven't read everything on here, but just wanted to find out about Market Force. As I live in a city with no car of my own and having to rely on public transport (buses mainly, tho' sometimes trains if visiting relatives for longer distances to other cities) is it worth my taking up their offer of employment? I've signed up and they've sent me a profile enquiry thing for me to complete online. Also, read somewhere that I have to use my work email address for contact. Why is this and not the generic ones that most people use? I don't want my work company to find out that I've a 2nd job as I'm sure our emails are randomly checked.

Is it worth doing this whilst being in full-time employment (M-F, office hours, so will have evenings and the whole w/end to do the MSing)? I'd like to leave the job I'm in now, but I shan't do that til another job comes up, but being single and short of money, I'd like to see if MSing is the way forward for me. Will my jobs be restricted due to my being w/o the ability to travel far (15 miles radius is all i can travel) and also that my time is available after work post 5pm and w/ends only?

What kinda of income do most ppl come out with for on average? Sorry, to be so pertinent but I'd like to know if this is worth all the trouble given that you'd have to pay your own tax.
    thanks...

ps. I do believe in the role of the MS as there is so much carp out there with the dire service levels that these companies dole out. when i was younger, i use to complain but as i've got older most times it isn't worth it as the so-called managers just don't appreciate your point of view when you tell them something negative..

pps. is it a prerequisite to own a printer-scanner, smart phone (having to access emails/site for jobs) and a camera/camera phone as well. none of these i have, but can accumulate if needs be.
  • dogstarheaven
    Options
    hey mod... can someone delete my last post (above) as i hadn't noticed the linky on thread no. 24. thanks.
  • Chomeur
    Chomeur Posts: 2,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Anyone else seeing slightly reduced fees on offer by Retail Eyes for a major high street chain? Wondering if this is because they don't like me or if it's across the board. It seems to me that the fees are dropping whilst the questionnaires keep getting longer and I'm losing interest in MS.

I know we're not supposed to mention fees on this thread but I understand the purpose of that is to prevent other MS companies from undercutting those who already have the business. I don't see that pointing out that fees are being reduced will do that. It should discourage them from trying.
  • PeteW
    PeteW Posts: 1,213 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you mean the 25p reductions?
  • Chomeur
    Chomeur Posts: 2,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    PeteW wrote: »
    Do you mean the 25p reductions?

Yes. It's not much I know, but coupled with the continual increase in length of the questionnaire I'm getting a little frustrated.
  • PeteW
    PeteW Posts: 1,213 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Chomeur wrote: »
    Yes. It's not much I know, but coupled with the continual increase in length of the questionnaire I'm getting a little frustrated.

Yeah I emailed them and asked why two identical assignments with identical briefs had a 25p difference between fees.

They didn't answer the question and just said:

"Please be assured, you are under no obligation to accept an assignment shown to you in your shopper account. All fees are made visible to you before accepting responsibility for an assignment however, will vary depending on the requirements of the job. We do appreciate your feedback and will be sure to pass this on accordingly."

I'm guessing it's just that if there's several weeks till the deadline they now knock off 25p and only put it back on when it gets closer to the deadline and nobody's accepted it.

I suggest everyone emails them and lets them know we don't like it and don't accept any of the -25p assignments until they go back up. I know it's only 25p, but if it saves them money that'll soon change to being a few quid!
  • superliss
    Options
    Guys can we make sure we have this convo in the new thread please? Its a valid point and wouldnt want people to miss it.
    Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk
    I'm a woman's man: no time to talk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills