Mystery Shopping Thread 23 *PLEASE READ THE OP FIRST**PLEASE NO CLIENT NAMES OR FEES

Options

Comments

• mskitten2904
    Options
    mimi1234 wrote: »
    I don't get REACT at all. I travel far and wide to do their last minute urgent ones dropped by others, I never claim the full mileage, I have 10's for most of my previous visits and my average score is 10. If I get allocated a visit, I ALWAYS do it. And then 12 shops I apply for all get closed and handed to others? Don't get me wrong, I get new people need experience too and it's only fair, but is it not wise to keep the regular genuine shoppers happy-ish too? Maybe give them 1 in 6 visits they apply for or something? Anyway, not going to be a sooky lala and moan about them. I'm just not bothering with them anymore!

Have you phoned them and said that to them? Ask them Mimi, that's quite baffling because I've read your messages on here and they have always seemed to have been good to you? You have a right to know why they have seemingly taken a step back, after all constructive critism is what its all about! X
  • mskitten2904
    Options
    sasha011 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am still a little confused on tax forms for mystery shopping. Say I am reimbursed £35 for a meal and I spend the full £35 do I claim this £35 back as expenses - please help!

You can but be prepared for questions off the tax man if there is no fee. If all your calls are reimbursements and no fees then you will most certainly be asked why you took the job for no gain.
  • mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you phoned them and said that to them? Ask them Mimi, that's quite baffling because I've read your messages on here and they have always seemed to have been good to you? You have a right to know why they have seemingly taken a step back, after all constructive critism is what its all about! X

To be fair, I can't be bothered. I've asked in the past and they never give a proper answer. The only visit I will miss is the scary attraction but I can go to those with my Tesco points. Anyway, their loss, they won't have the dumbo who will do all their dropped urgent visits and not claim full mileage. :D:p;)
  • sasha011
    Options
    OK, also do you need to send them receipts of what you have spent and can you send these online, rather than in the post
  • ms_night_ryder
    Options
    I think i am way out of the loop on this thread, last time i was quite active, mimi loved donkeyossia or whatever, seems things have changed, mimi i am suprised re is not on that list.

Had re call me for a visit i forgot to cancel, she said to me, you do know 2 points will be deducted and waited for my reaction lol, i said o.k i think she was more bothered by it then me. on their facebook somebody has asked about the fees and they replied lol.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • mimi1234
    Options
    I think i am way out of the loop on this thread, last time i was quite active, mimi loved donkeyossia or whatever, seems things have changed, mimi i am suprised re is not on that list.

Mimi never liked DONKEYS. Mimi only likes pizza.

I know a lot of people really dislike RE, but I have found out how to utilise them best. I've had a lot of local shops that don't get picked up, so I call up when it gets to the due date and offer my services but for a "premium" and each time they have agreed. In face, these days they call me and offer me a triple or even quadruple fee.

Thanks to PROSHOPPER for that tip. She mentioned it to me once. Wait until they are desperate and then offer yourself to them (not in that way mind you! ;)).

I've found that by not pouncing on visits when you see them or being FFF, you are quite likely to get them dropped and come up again. I've had premiums off ABAI, GFK, even RA (train station food) for something I wanted to do anyway.

What's going on with ESA? Do they actually have any decent clients left? They never have big uploads do they?
  • mskitten2904
    Options
    sasha011 wrote: »
    OK, also do you need to send them receipts of what you have spent and can you send these online, rather than in the post

Keep your receipts and accounts to send should they ask for them, other than that you fill out the form online. What you fill out should be from your accounts but I've not been asked for receipts or accounts as yet. I'm into my second year now x Hope that helps
  • mskitten2904
    Options
    Oh and Sasha don't forget to keep your national insurance aside, I think its explained in the first few pages on here but well worth doing if you do a lot of work.

Oooooooo Mimi still does pizza! Lol hope its not the old mans pizza that is really going down the pan my way!! Rank yuk! ESA does seem to be very quite lately. Where are perfumes? I might have to stamp my feet if they don't appear soon lol xx
  • N.I.M
    N.I.M Posts: 2,248 Forumite
    Options
    Agreed with both points on your first comment. As for the second, I can't speak for the others, but she certainly did in my case. The director is also absolutely vile.

When the director sent round that email re someone handing out "confidential information" to the store they were auditing I knew I needed to bin them. Mind you I got uncomfortable with them when they started sending me in to take photos of displays in Sainsburys when they didnt not have permission to do so.
    This was 6 months out of date so I've changed it.
    :j:j:j:j
  • mimi1234
    Options
    Oooooooo Mimi still does pizza! Lol hope its not the old mans pizza that is really going down the pan my way!! Rank yuk! ESA does seem to be very quite lately. Where are perfumes? I might have to stamp my feet if they don't appear soon lol xx

Old man's pizza? What is that?

I ain't seen perfumes for ages either, but at that fee, I ain't even bothered.

Have you been to Boots lately? You may want to look at this thread if you have not already http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4137753
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport