Last Share you Bought?

Options

Comments

• JonnyBravo
    JonnyBravo Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Quarterly report just out, this looked nice.
    5m is open pit and 5g per ton is high grade so no wonder Chinese have taken an interest

The gold at 5g/t is Biely Vrch and that's years away. And that's if the community backs down/is over-ruled. They are very anti-mine at the moment.
  • sabretoothtigger
    sabretoothtigger Posts: 10,035 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 15 November 2012 at 4:49PM
    Options
    Well maybe 5m is not quite open pit or that easy. Greenpeace seems to say low grades make it chemically polluting so the higher grade reduces that arguement

lhyN2.jpg

I got some BP recently, this result seems better then I expected. No massive clean water penalty? They got very lucky considering the well dumped 50k barrels a day for months
    Presuming compensation stays in this region and they stay out of trouble, 500 is easily reasonable and 600 if any deal/exploration success

BuYia.png
  • gadgetmind
    gadgetmind Posts: 11,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm considering adding some BP alongside my RDSB holding.
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • Glen_Clark
    Glen_Clark Posts: 4,397 Forumite
    Options
    It is yet to resolve a host of civil claims related to the disaster, including penalties under the Clean Water Act for every barrel of oil spilled. The scale of these fines could vary from $3.5bn to $18bn depending whether BP is found grossly negligent,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/epic/bpdot/9680668/BP-agrees-4.5bn-settlement-over-Gulf-spill.html
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” --Upton Sinclair
  • ccbrowning
    Options
    I picked up some shares of WM - Waste Management, Inc. today. I do have a USD trading account since I'm an American expat, though.
  • BLB53
    BLB53 Posts: 1,583 Forumite
    Options
    Decided to take a punt on defence firm Chemring today @ 218p - p/e under 6 and yield 6.4% well covered by profits. Here's a link to a write up by MI - hoping the knife does not have too much further to fall.
    http://miserlyinvestor.com/the-cheapness-of-chemring/
  • Glen_Clark
    Options
    this result seems better then I expected. No massive clean water penalty? They got very lucky considering the well dumped 50k barrels a day for months
    Apparently the clean water penalty has yet to be decided, along with the civil claims which were awaiting the outcome of this case. It appears BP is still in limbo, with unlimited liability.:(
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” --Upton Sinclair
  • Glen_Clark
    Options
    400 x RDSB today at £21.11 :o
  • gadgetmind
    gadgetmind Posts: 11,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I hold a few hundred RDSB at an average of just under £20 am considering either topping up this holding or adding BP for diversity.
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • Glen_Clark
    Options
    gadgetmind wrote: »
    I hold a few hundred RDSB at an average of just under £20 am considering either topping up this holding or adding BP for diversity.
    I'm holding 1% of my portfolio in BP (probably made about as much as a savings account in the 11 years I have had it) because I wouldn't want to miss out, but have become so used to bad or indifferent news I don't feel confident to add any more.:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure