dreamwell

Options
My mother has made a mattress purchase with Dreamwell Limited of Josephs Well, Leeds for £2000 following a visit from a salesman which lasted for a few hours. All she has to show me is a brochure with no real information on products and no prices. She says she is happy but I am very concerned. Does anyone know anything about this company?

Comments

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • concerned_1_3
    Options
    Thank you very much for that link and surprise surprise my Mother was given a brochure which should not have been used as it makes the very claims the ASA have told Dreamwell not to use.
    My Mother still maintains she is happy with the transaction so there is not much more I can do without upsetting her unless anyone else rings up to sell things as we are afraid she may have been labelled a soft touch now.
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you still have the brochure you could mention it to the ASA... ?
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    When is the product due to be delivered?

If it has been mis-sold then she will have rights, if not then if she is happy with it, whats the problem?
  • yvonneuk
    yvonneuk Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    My granddad received a phonecall from dreamwell Ltd (he is 89) they knew where he lived etc and asked about coming to see him so he said no and that he would be out, not sure how long after but he got another phone call and this time he just said okay when they said about being in his area and coming to see him.

The sales man turned up on the 11th April 2012 he was there 4 hours and in the end my grandad bought one of there beds a single bed at £4,000 the salesman rang up because it was supposed to be £6,000 and said they could offer him it at £4,000, he made him pay for it in full over the telephone by a card (my grandad only has a debit card) so paid with this.

The only thing that he received off them was a receipt of payment from a few days later a compliment slip saying when the bed was going to be delivered, no cancellation notice or any other documentation.
    30th April 2012 he didnt attempt to sleep in it that night as he is funny about things needing airing out, the day after my step dad nipped round and the bed is broken wont do anything, so my mum rang the company after i searched on the internet for there number etc as my grandad couldnt find the compliment slip etc at the time and the documents that came with the bed Ie: instructions and certificate didnt have any contact numbers on.

The customer service agent rang and said they would send someone out, at this point my grand dad was annoyed and said no he didnt want the bed, and it was definitely not worth £4,000 she said she would get the manager to ring but he wasn't there etc so it would be thurs, yet when my step dad rang later on she said she would get him to ring tomorrow (wednesday) when he was in.

He has rang today Thursday 3rd may and said he can't have his money back and they won't take the bed back, so i rang citizens advice gave them all Dreamwell Ltd, leeds details and what has happened and they are passing it onto Wigan Trading Standards, i have also downloaded a template letter and added to it Quoting Cancellation of Contracts Made in a consumers home or place of work etc Regs 2008 and sent it off today 3rd may Recorded Delivery, just hope he gets his money back, thought i would make people aware of this scam also, we have also been told that when he bought his Kirby Hoover they would of sold his details on to other companies and that is how dreamwell Ltd got hold of my grand dads contact details etc and that they call it The Suckers Club
  • thatlemming
    thatlemming Posts: 269 Forumite
    Options
    yvonneuk wrote: »
    My granddad received a phonecall from dreamwell Ltd (he is 89) they knew where he lived etc and asked about coming to see him so he said no and that he would be out, not sure how long after but he got another phone call and this time he just said okay when they said about being in his area and coming to see him.

The sales man turned up on the 11th April 2012 he was there 4 hours and in the end my grandad bought one of there beds a single bed at £4,000 the salesman rang up because it was supposed to be £6,000 and said they could offer him it at £4,000, he made him pay for it in full over the telephone by a card (my grandad only has a debit card) so paid with this.

The only thing that he received off them was a receipt of payment from a few days later a compliment slip saying when the bed was going to be delivered, no cancellation notice or any other documentation.
    30th April 2012 he didnt attempt to sleep in it that night as he is funny about things needing airing out, the day after my step dad nipped round and the bed is broken wont do anything, so my mum rang the company after i searched on the internet for there number etc as my grandad couldnt find the compliment slip etc at the time and the documents that came with the bed Ie: instructions and certificate didnt have any contact numbers on.

The customer service agent rang and said they would send someone out, at this point my grand dad was annoyed and said no he didnt want the bed, and it was definitely not worth £4,000 she said she would get the manager to ring but he wasn't there etc so it would be thurs, yet when my step dad rang later on she said she would get him to ring tomorrow (wednesday) when he was in.

He has rang today Thursday 3rd may and said he can't have his money back and they won't take the bed back, so i rang citizens advice gave them all Dreamwell Ltd, leeds details and what has happened and they are passing it onto Wigan Trading Standards, i have also downloaded a template letter and added to it Quoting Cancellation of Contracts Made in a consumers home or place of work etc Regs 2008 and sent it off today 3rd may Recorded Delivery, just hope he gets his money back, thought i would make people aware of this scam also, we have also been told that when he bought his Kirby Hoover they would of sold his details on to other companies and that is how dreamwell Ltd got hold of my grand dads contact details etc and that they call it The Suckers Club

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback this might help if he used a visa debit.
  • CACHAF
    CACHAF Posts: 132 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to drag up an old post but an elderly friend of our had a 3 hour visit from one of these rogues a few weeks ago. Luckily we arrived so she didn't buy a bed but they have rung tonight and what they said to her has shocked me so much that I immediately rang trading standards and reported them.
    She cannot hear very well so always answers calls on speaker phone. The man said that he was wondering if she had reconsidered and she said she still wasnt interested. He then said that he was ringing because the hospital had rung them and advised them to ring all their customers with heart problems as the heart wards in Leeds are full and so people should buy the beds to keep them healthy so they dont need to go into the hospitals which dont have beds! I was furious! I rang trading standards and told them all the details and about the others claims they have made.
    They are now working out of Clayton Wood industrial estate in LS16. Please be careful with your elderly friends and relatives - these people are crooks and should be avoided like the plague.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure