Mbna ppi

Options
Hiya

So ang MBNa last month and asked about my old credit card account and PPI. They told me over the phone that yes, I did pay PPI on the account.
Sent them the questionnaire in March and promptly received a leter back asking me to ring them and identify myself with the account (have got married since closing the account) did this and rang them today for an update.
Have been told that they are sending me out a response on April 19th but can't tell me what this is as the case is still being investigated.
Is this normal? The 28 days won't be up on the 19th so have my fingers crossed that they are just looking into how much they owe me lol.
Anyone else been through this with MBNA?

Comments

• Queenie2012
    Queenie2012 Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    I have had a successful claim with MBNA, I wrote to them on 8th March, had a confirmation letter that they received my complaint a few days later, then on the 31st March I received a letter confirming that they have upheld my complaint and £1,600 will be sent to me by cheque within 28 days.

As they have confirmed you had PPI I really think you have a good chance of getting a payout.

Good luck
    Happy to be sorting out my debts.
    Debt Free by December 2012
    £8,606/£15,000 = 57% (£6,394 to go) :j
    PAD since 1st May 12 = £793.79 :D
    PPI Reclaim Total: £2,297.22 :T
  • Marie67
    Marie67 Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All,
    I rang MBNA about my credit card PPi on 28th feb. Someone called me back a week later and I told them that I'd been missold due to being already having cover at work. I got a letter a week later stating someone was looking in my complaint. Today I've had 2 letters, one statin that they were still investigating and would respond by 30th April and another asking me to complete the FOS Qustionaire. Has anyone else had this?
  • jack8157
    jack8157 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Marie67 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I rang MBNA about my credit card PPi on 28th feb. Someone called me back a week later and I told them that I'd been missold due to being already having cover at work. I got a letter a week later stating someone was looking in my complaint. Today I've had 2 letters, one statin that they were still investigating and would respond by 30th April and another asking me to complete the FOS Qustionaire. Has anyone else had this?

Yes. This is exactly what has happened to me. however I am promised a reply by 19th April which takes it into the 8th week.

Also they have not sent me a new card as mine expired 3/12.After sending them a message, they state they are not issuing me with another card, I have had the odd late payment but my account is running in order, no arrears etc.

To me this seems like delaying tactics ? im not happy with MBNA:mad:
  • timmybear
    timmybear Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    jack8157 wrote: »
    Yes. This is exactly what has happened to me. however I am promised a reply by 19th April which takes it into the 8th week.

Also they have not sent me a new card as mine expired 3/12.After sending them a message, they state they are not issuing me with another card, I have had the odd late payment but my account is running in order, no arrears etc.

why aren't you happy with them?
  • jack8157
    jack8157 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    hi,

They have not sent me a new card - is this because i am claiming ppi

In my view my case is pretty straight forward - Halifax with the same circumstances settled over a week ago. But MBNA just seem to be dragging there feet.
    I had two letters in two days from two different people. One letter saying We have insufficient information please fill in the FOS questionaire and another saying the investigation is taking a little longer than expected expect a reply by the 19th April 12. The two letters dont make sense to me? If there is insufficient information how can the investigation be taking longer?
  • Marie67
    Marie67 Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jack8157 wrote: »

I have already had a MBNA loan ppi upheld in favour from them so I would think surely the CC ppi would go the same way even though I have had the card longer I was and am still in the same job so same reasons.
    Did you complete the form?

thanks for your reply - please keep me informed with your outcome.
  • Trickyo
    Options
    I had a rejection letter from MBNA today with the reason "We did not offer advice about the policy - we provided you with information only, therefore it was a non-advised sale". So my question is if the PPI box was ticked on a form completed at a motorway service station back in 1998 surely it was sold to me. The say I had time to make my own evaluation and decision.

I cancelled the PPI in 2007 when I realised it was of no use to me and I did not need it, but am I now stuck with what they agree was PPI but because I was provided information only (albeit a sales person for a matter of seconds filling in a form) that I have no chance of a refund.

Advise welcome please!
  • echomiaow
    echomiaow Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Just after a bit of advice...

I clamed for PPI paid on an mbna card since March 2007 and amazingly without even having to fill in the questionnaire or send an SAR first, it was upheld and I've been offered a total of £1380

However, whilst they've provided a break down of this -

a) ppi premiums amount charged since what they've referred to as "sale date" (but not stated that this was March 07) £927.06 b) associated interest £348.62 and
    c) applicable 8% interest, £104.40

they have not provided a summary of all my payments made for PPI and as I don't have a copy of all my statements going back to March 07 I can't check that its correct.

Originally the credit card was with A&L so I am also not sure if what they've offered only relates to when the card went over to them

Is it worth me going back to them and saying I won't be able to accept offer until I 've seen a full summary of PPI payments made since March 07 and then check it using the spreadsheet?

Thanks, Echomiaow
  • oscar52
    oscar52 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    Options
    echomiaow wrote: »
    Hi

Just after a bit of advice...

I clamed for PPI paid on an mbna card since March 2007 and amazingly without even having to fill in the questionnaire or send an SAR first, it was upheld and I've been offered a total of £1380

However, whilst they've provided a break down of this -

a) ppi premiums amount charged since what they've referred to as "sale date" (but not stated that this was March 07) £927.06 b) associated interest £348.62 and
    c) applicable 8% interest, £104.40

they have not provided a summary of all my payments made for PPI and as I don't have a copy of all my statements going back to March 07 I can't check that its correct.

Originally the credit card was with A&L so I am also not sure if what they've offered only relates to when the card went over to them

Is it worth me going back to them and saying I won't be able to accept offer until I 've seen a full summary of PPI payments made since March 07 and then check it using the spreadsheet?

Thanks, Echomiaow

A&L went over to MBNA in March 2003. Is it possible you may have had a nil balance prior to March 2007 that would have taken you up to the 6 year mark?

MBNA are pretty good on their calculations - I would be tempted to accept - suppose it depends on if you are sure it should be more or if you are in need of the money.
    No Longer works for MBNA as of August 2010 - redundancy money will be nice though.

Proud to be a Friend of Niddy.
    no idea what my nerdnumber is - i am now officially nerd 229, no idea on my debt free date
  • sezkamcc
    sezkamcc Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hiya
    So I rang MBNA today and have been told that they are not giving me any of my money back. They have included a copy of the electronic application form (applied via the website, and rang the helpline for advice) saying that it is not missold. Now, I rang the helpline when I made the application and asked what PPI was and if it was applicable to me. I was told it would strenghen my application if I took it and that as an 18 year old it was very unlikely I would be approved without it. I was also covered for sick pay etc as I was in the military at the time.
    So do I go to the FOS? Will I have any luck with them or am I better off writing off the money?
    Thanks
    Sara
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family