anyone heard/used waeplus.co.uk (wae+) at all?

Options

Comments

• romanwall_2
    Options
    They have had me, too.
    Did a search for ink and paper for an HP printer. Thought I'd risk WAE+.
    Hmm. Order made 1st Oct. Promised email when dispatched. Nothing.
    Their web site told me that UPS had been given the item to deliver and gave me a tracking number.
    The UPS site told me that the items had been delivered on the 10th Oct to a private address. The delivery address should have been a school.
    Around two and a half weeks later I did actually manage to speak with a human; I did wait an hour to be connected.
    Girl told me that she would look into it and get back to me. Nothing. I again managed to talk with someone a few days later (this time the whole call only took 6plus minutes) Again, I was told that I would be contacted.
    Nothing for a while. Then an email to say sorry and asked if I wished to re-order or wait a further 2~3 weeks. As I still had a little reserve, I opted for delivery on proviso that it would be delivered soon. More efforts to call them were blocked by the very busy message; no operators available.
    Then a further apology 2+ weeks later to say that shipments were delayed in Europe, did I wish to wait a further 2~3 days.
    I replied that IF they could ship within that time period, I would like the order dispatched, otherwise a refund.
    Still nothing. It also seems that communication records have been scrubbed from their web site (fortunately, I have records).
    Does anyone out there have anything good to say about this company? I really would like to see a report of good service and happy customers.
    Obviously, WAE+ could argue that it was the responsibility of UPS. However, WAE+ did say first that they would investigate and then offered either a refund or a repeat delivery. It's this second delivery that has not materialised.
  • norbie
    norbie Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    It is not the fault of UPS that WAE+ list items as in stock on their website when actually they are weeks away in Europe?

I strongly believe WAE+ are in serious financial difficulty and are taking customers money to pay off their debts to try to put off the creditors pulling the plug. How much longer will they last before they disappear and spawn up a new LTD co? How much customers money will they take with them?

Check out their history - http://weareelectricals.wordpress.com/
  • Claire71uk
    Options
    It's very common for companies to take active money, to keep suppliers at bay.

But they should be working with working capital, not customer payments.

I did get my TV, but without uk power adapter.

I sent both CEO and Founder, an email using a CAB template saying I was rejecting the goods as not fit for purpose. If the adapter was not received.

It got a reaction, they arranged for UPS to collect it...without consulting me....I ended up in hospital...UPS CEO's office helped me cancel the collection.

Now apparently, I have 3 power adapters to return home to. No response on how to return additional adapters, as I only need one.
    Probable cost to the company of at least £40 inc postage.

I give the WAE+ 12 months, before they are either in administration or bankrupt.

Unfortunately, it will cost many customers time, money unless someone doesn't step in to stop them.

My support are filing a claim against them for consequential losses, the contractor I hired, the advocate costs, travel and phone call, letters etc.

I'll be sending the CEO & Founder a not so nice letter, cc'd to their suppliers, contractors etc. Especially, covering the ridiculing internal email comments. Which, were hurtful and heartless.

These folks will never be a thorn in the side of the likes of Amazon, or John Lewis as Ben Slater was quoted as saying in a recent interview.
  • youngtommy
    Options
    Further to my message "Give them a wide berth" (message 60)
    Like others, after several attempts I could not get any response from WAE+ when I phoned them and they referred me to their fast response web page and then hung up.
    I know they are behaving in a dishonest manner but I am not sure if they are doing anything illegal so I found the Action Fraud site and theres a small window where you can have a one to one with a advisor. I explained what had happened as best as I could with the limited amount of text allowed the advisor said the company was behaving in a fraudulent matter and referred me to their main page to make a complaint of fraud. this I did, I haven't got a clue what the outcome will be.
  • Rooster_Norwich
    Options
    I did get my Samsung 3D TV, 3 days later than I was told but when I got it I found it was locked to the French FRANSAT Satellite system.

Luckily I took a screengrab of the website showing a UK Product/Model number before they took the product down.

I have a UPS Returns label here to send it back AND an email promising me a FULL Refund.

Best I get it sent back ASAP so that if they don't pay up, I can take them to the Small Claims Court and hopefully get my money back.
  • BB34
    BB34 Posts: 316 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I oredered something on 3rd October - never received. Requested refund - Never received! Finally initiated a chargeback claim with my bank and received my money back (from the bank!) within a week!

I would strongly advise everyone who has issues, to claim your refnd either under section 75 (for credit card payments), or debit card dispute (chargeback).

Hope you all receive your refunds!
  • Lordsnooty_2
    Options
    Right I also have been Scammed. I bought a Altec Lansing Speaker Doc off them back in April at £63. They were cheaper than Amazon who were £75 (if I had went and done a bit of research I would have found out that they are downright theives and scammers but that's what I get for thinking it was a bargain).
    It took over a month to deliver which was way past their promised date, so I suppose I should have been suspicious of them then but I wasn't. It came, but it looked like it had either been used before or it had been sitting in a warehouse for a very long time, it was grubby and the box it was in was torn. Within a couple of weeks of use it proved to be faulty, with the arm which held the iPad broke. The arm was always loose but I didn't know enough about the device to tell that it was faulty. I immediately contacted them and told them what had happened and they said that I should return it and they would send it off to the manufacturers to see if the fault lay with me or if it was a manufacturing fault. I told them it wasn't me, that I had been extremely careful with it. I sent it back and then nothing. In the meantime I bought the same speaker doc off Amazon and it was then I noticed that the arm was extremely stiff not like the one I had purchased of WAEPlus. So I wrote to them and told them that I definitely didn't cause the break in the arm as I bought another one and it wasn't loose. I also told them that I didn't want a replacement but that I wanted my money back. After months of Emails back and forth they eventually agreed they would send me the money and asked for my bank details. I told them that I wouldn't give them my bank details via Email because of security and as I had paid with Visa they could credit it back onto my card. They said they couldn't because of their previous payment merchant had some difficulty and couldn't send it via Visa. I immediately became suspicious and asked them to send it by cheque, recorded delivery and I would receive it the next day. Now I can't get any communication out of them. It appears they do the same scam with everybody and ask you to seek a Chargeback of Visa. Unfortunately Visa has a time limit on transaction like this and because I bought it in April I am unfortunately outside the time period to claim Chargeback and anyway I don't think it is fair that I should be claiming Chargeback when this is their fault. They have my money and obviously don't intend to give it back.
    What do you suggest I do? What is the address of the Trading Standards Office that I can report this company too? I know it is only a small amount of money compared to what others have lost here but I feel as if I have been robbed. Can we not get this Company removed from trading and scamming more mugs like me? Should I report them to the police? Should I report them to Watchdog? I was thinking of taking a small claim against them but then I have to pay £25....it's just not worth it but I really do want them removed from trading......Please Help.
  • Lordsnooty_2
    Options
    Guys can you believe this, one day on this forum and I have received this from Wae+ (Gangsters Ltd)

[FONT=&quot]Please accept our deepest and sincere apologies with regards to your refund as you were not happy with the service we provided.

I can now confirm you have been refunded in full and we can now close your investigation.

Your refund has been processed today and will be credited back to the debit card originally used. This will show in your account within the next 3-5 working days depending on who you bank with.

We would also like to take this opportunity to express our regrets and to assure you that we will do our best to avoid a repeat of what happened.

We really do value our customers and your custom and look forward to continuing our relationship in the near future.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Yours sincerely,

Gary Prestell
    Complaints Controller [/FONT]

Do you believe it? We will wait and see. Does anyone know this guys Email address (Gary Prestell) so that I can thank him and ask him for proof that he has sent it? I will believe it when I see the money credited to my account. Thanks for this Forum being here and obviously the power it has to get things done AMAZING

PS.Can I still ask for the address for the Trading Standards office that is dealing with this case?
  • youngtommy
    Options
    I have just realised that the order number emailed me when placing the order and the order number on the drop down list at the contact page match but the number on the order status page is different
    so I believe they changed order numbers when I started to complain
  • Claire71uk
    Options
    I suggest at this point we write to watchdog, if you haven't already.

Filing a small claims court action against them, may not result in anything but a judgement in your favour.

I have written, to the CEO & Co founder at their home address and head office, still no response to either.

Wishing everyone the best of luck with this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure