RANT: Asda grocery home shopping

Options

Comments

• arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you order online, you're relying on some badly trained muppet to pick your food for you and to have the intelligence to make sensible decisions if something goes wrong. Would you stand outside a supermarket waiting for the most !!!!!! looking person to walk past then ask them to go in and do your weekly shop for you?

Bit harsh.. not everybody working at Tesco are !!!!!! you know. In fact many people are capable are doing their job properly, even if that is ruined by the few who act like morons.
  • Azari
    Azari Posts: 4,317 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    arcon5 wrote: »
    Bit harsh.. not everybody working at Tesco are !!!!!! you know. In fact many people are capable are doing their job properly, even if that is ruined by the few who act like morons.

Agreed. In the majority of instances you get what you ask for with, maybe, a couple of quite sensible substitutions.

From time to time you get outrageous things happening and these are the stories that get promulgated and which everyone remembers.

For the most part it's a useful service that can be very convenient.
    There are two types of people in the world: Those that can extrapolate information.
  • Elvisia
    Elvisia Posts: 914 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ha - this reminds me of Christmas, I did an online order and reserved my delivery spot, then went back in and changed loads of the items as we changed what we were going to eat at Christmas. I double checked my basket, checked my email reply I got and everything had gone through fine. Then the man turns up and starts to unpack at which point the colour drains from my face - they had managed to send a mixture of the first and second order, and had missed out every single ingredient I needed for the Christmas dinner except for the garlic. I discovered while unpacking it in the kitchen that the s*dding garlic wasn't even packed although it was listed! Apparently their internet server had crashed the day I ordered, and lots of people had been complaining. In the end I had to make up a Christmas meal using the food I had left in the cupboards. We had a Christmas pie for the first time ever which was surprisingly reasonable despite being made from leftovers.

NEVER AGAIN!!
  • poet123
    poet123 Posts: 24,099 Forumite
    Options
    Azari wrote: »
    Agreed. In the majority of instances you get what you ask for with, maybe, a couple of quite sensible substitutions.

From time to time you get outrageous things happening and these are the stories that get promulgated and which everyone remembers.

For the most part it's a useful service that can be very convenient.

I agree it is a useful service but when you have an issue which necessitates you going out shopping to rectify it, it ceases to be convenient. I ordered a chicken of a very large weight to feed 6/8, the subbed it with one less than half the size, why not two to make up the weight? It meant I had to dash out and get another, so effectively the delivery charge was negated.

A bit of common sense goes a long way.
  • bondy01
    bondy01 Posts: 400 Forumite
    Options
    It's not a problem today as their website is down so I can't order for tomorrow. Generally find the substitutes are mostly OK but sometimes a bit odd.
  • ukjoel
    ukjoel Posts: 1,468 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you order online, you're relying on some badly trained muppet to pick your food for you and to have the intelligence to make sensible decisions if something goes wrong. Would you stand outside a supermarket waiting for the most !!!!!! looking person to walk past then ask them to go in and do your weekly shop for you?

This is so true.
  • welshbookworm
    welshbookworm Posts: 2,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes but how asleep do you have to be to send 12 loo rolls instead of 12 white bread rolls?
    Or a whole duck instead of Toilet Duck loo cleaner? And I don't eat Duck !
    The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.
  • fluffnutter
    fluffnutter Posts: 23,179 Forumite
    Options
    arcon5 wrote: »

Oh, of course. I was being 'witty'. And I was keen to say that, if people are a bit rubbish, it's probably because they're badly trained. I just don't think the supermarkets put the brightest sparks on online shopping duty! It's usually the ones that can't be trusted with the tills ;)
    "Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell" - Edward Abbey.
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    I think there is a law about pulling the shutters down on the cigarette counter at either 10pm or 11pm, however if that was the case then why couldn't they have just put the cigarettes in with the shopping IN THE MORNING before they sent it to you.

It's frustrating when people don't do their jobs properly :(

thats what we did when i worked at sainsburys. if it wasn' a complete order due to fresh produce being put out overnight or cigarettes it was kept to one side and then put in later when they could put them in
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • room512
    room512 Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yet again I have the same stress. Following on from my last order missing my cigarettes and newspaper, I decided to choose a later time slot (8am-10am) and still no cigarettes or newspaper!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGHHHHHH! Tesco, Waitrose and Sainsburys online here I come! (as an aside I refuse to go into Asda as the last time I was in there someone slapped me in order to get the last baguette - only on the hand to make me drop it so they could grab it but it has put me off going in there! So to me Asda no longer exists!)
    ANYWAY AS A WARNING TO OTHERS DO NOT ORDER NEWSPAPERS OR CIGARETTES IN AN EARLYISH SLOT FROM ASDA!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure