Springing Into the April NSD Challenge

Options

Comments

• IF
    IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

freeby and LMH got my 16th NSD today, couldn't make it to 17 this month!! Thank you both for your work on this thread xx:A:A
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • Pinkpenguin
    Options
    Hi!

I got 12 NSD's - missed my target by 3 days ahhhhhh!

Onwards and upwards :)

Thanks

pp XX
    October 2023 - £48,075
    DFD - June 2030

October NSD - 15
  • freshair_2
    freshair_2 Posts: 258 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All,

Not been around much, not even updated my own diary whoops, but have managed a stonking 17/15 NSD this month, and am pleased with myself. Having x number of days in a row doesn't work for me because I feel like I am putting undue pressure on myself, so I am going to stick with the straight NSD challenge in May.
    Freshx
    Jan 13/15 Feb 16/15 March 19/20 April 17/15:D May 0/17
    Jan £170.47/£155:D Feb £260.86/£290 March £1050.92/£310:D:D April 70.72/£300:( May 0/£310
    Sealed Pot Number 1496
    Self Imposed Grocery Challenge Apr £133.69/£150 May £91.37/£150
    Completely Crazy 2012 clothes challenge, [STRIKE]£350[/STRIKE] £206.34
  • jaffacakegal
    jaffacakegal Posts: 468 Forumite
    edited 30 April 2012 at 1:47PM
    Options
    Hey all,

Sorry I wish I could offer some help to run the NSD thread but I find it hard enough to get on just to update my own!

Feel like the weekend has passed me by in a blur, as I was working on Saturday and at gym/band most of yesterday! Must get cracking on my college work, and 3 sets of accounts for people, and setting up my cross trainer next weekend (phew tired just thinking about it :o)

Anyway I got NSD 15 on Saturday, I dunno if I'll hit target, I tried a dress on on Friday but needed bigger size and tempted to buy off website today as only 1 left, we'll see!

JCG x

Edit: Dunno when I got NSD 14, Thursday?!
  • suzitiger
    suzitiger Posts: 947 Forumite
    Options
    Hi again, I will be trying very hard next month tom do better but I am declaring NSD number #2 early as i shouldn't need to spend today so I won't, I do need to pay for the hall hire for my class tonight but as it is coming out of my business account and the money is there ready I'm not counting that as a spend :)
    Don't turn a slip up into a give up:D
    *NSD Challenge Nov 0/10* *£10 a day challenge Nov £0/£300*
    No buying unnecessary toiletries challenge-in it for the long haul
    :D

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,615 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    So finishing on no 23 today.
    Very cold here today.
    Weigh in tonight.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Learning2Budget
    Options
    NSD 13 and that's me done for the month.x
    LBM 2008 [STRIKE]£45,091.23[/STRIKE] eek: now £7889:T Debt free date 18/07/2018 :)
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Well .... didn't quite make my 2nd target (only 12 too:o) - however, I did manage to get a bouncing bunny for hitting the first one (10:o:o) so reasonably happy (loads of birthdays in April so glad it's over!).

Have managed to totally muck up my budgets (mentioned previously so won't go into it again) and will def be in the OD again this month:eek: - due a refund from ISP but not through yet so will need to pay for it or get interest lumped on the whole cc balance :( which is a bit of a pain (balance is rather large too :oso it would be a fair bit added)

Have money in pots (trying to budget for the 1st time ever!) which would cover the OD but don't want to go down that route as a) it's a slippery slope to go down and b) I'd have to massively overpay the pots (already having to do this with some anyway to get to enough by due dates IYKWIM) to catch up. Not sure if this means I'm still DF or not .....
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,615 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Rising~try not to worry too much about things as Im sure things will sort themselves out within a couple of months.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Thanks Beanielou - fingers crossed.

Bit down about it - I know it's nothing compared to what others have to cope with so sorry to all for moaning.

Aiming for a very frugal May and hopefully I can recoup some of it.
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure