My Final Virgin bill

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
7 replies 1.2K views
squeek31squeek31 Forumite
15 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
I've left VM, I was on BB size M £22pm. I cancelled Apr 23 and was disconnected 23 Mar. I receved a bill, by post dated 26 Mar, for the period 23 Mar-8 May £34.18, I contacted VM and they are going to return £12.18.
Should they return £34.18? They offered a massive upgrade if I were to stay, I never agreed to it and I never phoned them back.
I left in April they screwed me for an extra month, they can't possibly get another month, can they?

Replies

• macmanmacman Forumite
    48.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't have cancelled 23/4 and been disconnected 23/3? Do you mean 23/5?
    If you gave notice on 23/4, then you are liable to pay up to 23/5 (30 days notice is required), so I don't understand your compaint?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • squeek31squeek31 Forumite
    15 Posts
    I was diconnected Mar 23, therfore I made the call FEBUARY, sorry for my error. To clarify, I called VM 1 month before I was disconnected.
    In the time between My call and Mar 26 VM foned me, offered the upgrade, at which point I said "Im not agreeing to anything right now, i'll call you back."
  • macmanmacman Forumite
    48.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, if you did not agree to cancelling the notice you had already given, they shouldn't be billing you after 23/3, except for any call charges incurred since the last bill. Ask them why?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
    15 Posts
    30 days notice and 'billing in advance' run concurrently?
    Can they bill me 23 Mar- 8 May, its 7 weeks?
  • PikeypPikeyp Forumite
    494 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    The time span sounds wrong , but the amount (£22 .. ?) seems to be OK!

VM bills are a bit of a dogs dinner to understand , perhaps it's their way of 'finishing it off'.

As long as they don't charge more than that I think your OK.
    15 Posts
    I cancelled FEB, My next bill is due Mar 8, and im obliged to pay £22 for the period Mar- Apr.
    I should pay nothing for the period 23 Mar- 8 May and they should return all of My £34.18 and not £12.18 of it?
  • BuzbyBuzby Forumite
    8.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should not be asked to pay for services that were terminated, only cost of calls etc billed in arrears, which should be in a final bill in April, which will show a credit for services billed in advance.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals