My Final Virgin bill

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
7 replies 1.2K views
squeek31squeek31 Forumite
15 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
I've left VM, I was on BB size M £22pm. I cancelled Apr 23 and was disconnected 23 Mar. I receved a bill, by post dated 26 Mar, for the period 23 Mar-8 May £34.18, I contacted VM and they are going to return £12.18.
Should they return £34.18? They offered a massive upgrade if I were to stay, I never agreed to it and I never phoned them back.
I left in April they screwed me for an extra month, they can't possibly get another month, can they?

Replies

• macmanmacman Forumite
    48.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't have cancelled 23/4 and been disconnected 23/3? Do you mean 23/5?
    If you gave notice on 23/4, then you are liable to pay up to 23/5 (30 days notice is required), so I don't understand your compaint?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • squeek31squeek31 Forumite
    15 Posts
    I was diconnected Mar 23, therfore I made the call FEBUARY, sorry for my error. To clarify, I called VM 1 month before I was disconnected.
    In the time between My call and Mar 26 VM foned me, offered the upgrade, at which point I said "Im not agreeing to anything right now, i'll call you back."
  • macmanmacman Forumite
    48.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, if you did not agree to cancelling the notice you had already given, they shouldn't be billing you after 23/3, except for any call charges incurred since the last bill. Ask them why?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
    15 Posts
    30 days notice and 'billing in advance' run concurrently?
    Can they bill me 23 Mar- 8 May, its 7 weeks?
  • PikeypPikeyp Forumite
    494 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    The time span sounds wrong , but the amount (£22 .. ?) seems to be OK!

VM bills are a bit of a dogs dinner to understand , perhaps it's their way of 'finishing it off'.

As long as they don't charge more than that I think your OK.
    15 Posts
    I cancelled FEB, My next bill is due Mar 8, and im obliged to pay £22 for the period Mar- Apr.
    I should pay nothing for the period 23 Mar- 8 May and they should return all of My £34.18 and not £12.18 of it?
  • BuzbyBuzby Forumite
    8.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should not be asked to pay for services that were terminated, only cost of calls etc billed in arrears, which should be in a final bill in April, which will show a credit for services billed in advance.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Covid test firms form self-regulating body

A bid to tackle poor service concerns

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ quotes & cashback

MSE Guides