BT Arrrrrrrggghhhhh

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
15 replies 1.5K views
villabadgervillabadger Forumite
196 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
Well, after talking to someone in customer support (somewhere in India - I presume) for 45 minutes I cannot get to speak to someone who can actually make a decision. Just had my bill today telling me that I have to pay £85 for broadband overusage because I'm not on the 'unlimited' option, and already another £60 for the next bill! There was an issue with me not using the latest email account which is why I was never notified of the usage, still using the one I had from over 10 years ago.

Anyway, they are very keen to get me to sign up to an unlimited contract but can't reduce the extortionate charges to a reasonable figure. Apparently, I now have to wait for them to call me back within the next 10 days!

So, is there anyone in BT who is capable of dealing with this in a timely manner i.e. within a couple of days?

As an aside, I'm considering trying sky for £3.75 (for 9 months) instead of the £26 that BT want for 'unlimited'. Has anyone got this? Is it any good?

Thanks

Replies

• BT_company_representativeBT_company_representative Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    1.9K Posts
    Hi villabadger

In have just seen your post and would like to look into this for you to see what I can do to get your issue sorted out, if you would like me o help just check out my profile section were you will find my contact details.

Regards David
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of BT. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • HappyMJHappyMJ Forumite
    21.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, after talking to someone in customer support (somewhere in India - I presume) for 45 minutes I cannot get to speak to someone who can actually make a decision. Just had my bill today telling me that I have to pay £85 for broadband overusage because I'm not on the 'unlimited' option, and already another £60 for the next bill! There was an issue with me not using the latest email account which is why I was never notified of the usage, still using the one I had from over 10 years ago.

Anyway, they are very keen to get me to sign up to an unlimited contract but can't reduce the extortionate charges to a reasonable figure. Apparently, I now have to wait for them to call me back within the next 10 days!

So, is there anyone in BT who is capable of dealing with this in a timely manner i.e. within a couple of days?

As an aside, I'm considering trying sky for £3.75 (for 9 months) instead of the £26 that BT want for 'unlimited'. Has anyone got this? Is it any good?

Thanks
    Tesco is cheaper at £2.50 a month for the next 12 months and that is quite good. Basic but good. Unlimited broadband and wireless router provided.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • Hi villabadger

In have just seen your post and would like to look into this for you to see what I can do to get your issue sorted out, if you would like me o help just check out my profile section were you will find my contact details.

Regards David

Hi David,

Yes, your help would be really appreciated. I did use the contact link about 3 hours ago so hopefully you have already received this.

Thanks
  • Thanks HappyMJ for your contribution - I'll take a look at that.

Cheers
  • macmanmacman Forumite
    48.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The charges are not 'extortionate' if they're in the T&C's you agreed..
    If you've gone over by x MB's and they've charged you for x excess MB's, then they won't reduce the charges.
    If you've not used that much excess and have the evidence from your own metering,, then dispute that with them-a different argument.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • My overusage wasn't in question, just the charges applied as a consequence without me being aware of the situation.

Anyway, I am very pleased to have had my query dealt with today by David at BT. He has resolved the issue, waived the excess charges and I have happliy agreed to remain a BT customer - fantastic customer service! Being sent round the houses to India in the first instance isn't a good experience but to actually get to talk to someone who wants to help is a relief and very refreshing.

My advice to anyone with BT issues is to use the contact form on the profile of BT company representative. India wanted 10 days to get authority, David did everything within 4 hours of sending off the form - brilliant!
  • victor2victor2 Forumite
    5.5K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see something sorted out by BT to the customer's satisfaction.
    Maybe sensible customer service does exist after all!
  • macmanmacman Forumite
    48.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stand corrected-a good result.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • pingupingu Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hijack having real problems with Tesco broadband
    Mj do you use Tesco and how is it been with them since12/03/12 only run fine for four days done everything even changed router but connection keeps dropping and very slow there were no issues with o2 who I was with before
    I am thinking about taking new bt offer
    Honesty is the best policy doesn't matter which web site
    you are on!

if i had known then what i know now!

a bargain is only a bargain if you really need it!
  • deanosdeanos Forumite
    11.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Uniform Washer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HappyMJ wrote: »
    Tesco is cheaper at £2.50 a month for the next 12 months and that is quite good. Basic but good. Unlimited broadband and wireless router provided.

Tesco is not unlimited there is throttling , Sky is truly unlimited IIRC
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals